• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually let me ask this - is there any way for Nah to be good? I'm really stuck on her x MaMorgan, and I'd like to keep them paired, but I don't want to bog down my little boy with something not as... useful...

I have a Donnel!Nah, but not even sure what to do with her. The problem is she can't make much use of GF because of no offensive procs and bad caps. It should be fun to steamroll in-game, but will probably bench for Apo.

Kind of wish I went with Vaike...Deliverer can replace GF, and she gets Luna.

So then what did you end up doing with Donnel!Nah then? Aside from Apo did she need a lot of grinding or not that much?

*Snip*

There aren't that many good ones, she's pretty bad. You could try running Tomefaire Valkyrie- unpaired with LB, she can double capped Assassins and Swordmasters, I guess. She's got Deliverer to help get around, so make sure to use that. She also gets 100% AT with no boosts whatsoever, which could be very nice depending on your situation.

AT? I am not familiar with the term many apologies. So a Tomefaire Valkyrie is a reasonable strategy rather than a Manakete?

ETA:

I am making an in game achievement with Lon'qu :XD: he's almost lvl 20 swordmaster and fully capped stats. I don't know what skills to use for him (but I am thinking of astra/lethality combo) I just thought that I would share it becuase this is a first for me. I haven't managed to get MUs to do this :D:

Edited by TheSilentChloey

AT = Armsthrift.

I did it because it seemed okay in theory, and also I had already used up all of Nah's good dads.

Thanks for that :D:

Ah I see. That would be a pain then D:

ETA:

Is Donnel!Nah any good as a support unit at all?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Actually let me ask this - is there any way for Nah to be good? I'm really stuck on her x MaMorgan, and I'd like to keep them paired, but I don't want to bog down my little boy with something not as... useful...

Vaike or Henry. Vaike!Nah takes Axefaire and Luna (and usually Deliverer) and fights as a Hero or General. Hero provides a nice Spd/Skl boost and is also Str/Mag-neutral, meaning you don't have to "waste" any pairup bonuses supporting a Sage (very handy if you want to avoid Nah x Inigo, which she often gets cornered into by virtue of wanting to be physical). She also has a nice amount of Skl for Luna. General, on the other hand, hits very hard with DSes, but occasionally falls into the strange scenario where she's so much more powerful than her husband that the pair does more damage with her in the back, despite Agg- check to see if that happens and drop Luna/Deliverer if so. Dunno what you'd replace them with.

Henry!Nah's main gig is as a Valkyrie. She has Tomefaire and nice Mag and makes a very useful support- Lon'qu!Brady hits 75 Spd with her (not Virion!Brady, though. Morgan wants a +4 Spd mod to do this, such as +Mag Ricken!Inigo!Morgan or +Skl Lon'qu!Brady!Morgan). She can come up front nicely with Vengeance, and if you stack enough +Crit skills and a Katarina's Bolt, she can actually hit a higher average damage output than she does with a Brave (not to mention it's super satisfying). Setting up Vengeance/Wrath is a little hard without GF though, so you need to play carefully to make the most of it- obviously keep Celica's on hand when Wrath isn't active.

There are other ways Nah can make herself useful, though those are the main two. Generally look for ways to exploit her innate Tomefaire- she's the only girl aside from Cynthia to come with it.

Is Donnel!Nah any good as a support unit at all?

If you're running Donnel!Nah, it should only ever be for Galeforce. Everything else about her reeks, so not using her one redeeming quality seems like a pretty big waste.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

If you're running Donnel!Nah, it should only ever be for Galeforce. Everything else about her reeks, so not using her one redeeming quality seems like a pretty big waste.

I was thinking a dual galeforce pair. Nah gets a couple of kills or something like that. It is something I run with Chrom!Morgan and F!MU!Lucina. My main question is can Nah run with that sort of set up (pairing up with a gale boy) with a "double galeforce" or not really?

I did it because it seemed okay in theory, and also I had already used up all of Nah's good dads.

Oh wait, looks like they only have A support. Should I switch to Ricken?

As for Lon'qu!Noire, I would personally run her as a Bowfaire/Swordfaire Assassin.

Edited by Radiant head

Yes, she can be part of a double Galepair. They'll be a little low on power but it should work out.

:D: Sweet :XD: I am glad that I will have something to get her using when I get to her.

Question of a similar sort, with Nah I tend to hand down swordbreaker (from Nowi because wyvern slayers are so ugh with damage) so what skill should I have Donnel give her apart from male exclusive skills of course. Are there any specific ones that are recommended that she get from him or should I just grind for them and give her the male exclusive?

Aptitude for in-game growths (though this isn't great for long-term/post-game because of infinite levels), or Counter for tanking.

I think that once I cap stats that I won't really need Aptitude, but it would be a nice skill to have that's for sure! Counter would suit my strategy a little bit as well since it could potentially do some good damage and help with easy kills (at least I hope so).

Underdog would be quite useful for Nah during Manakete or Bride builds as well, for an extra amount of hit/avoid. Should come in useful if you choose to grind her to max stats in her Manakete class!

I'll have to see how Nah goes, as I am pretty sure that having her as a manakete would be an interesting choice. I suppose that Underdog coupled with swordbreaker would be nice, and even throw in bowbreaker while I'm at it (which I will do for Falcon Knight Cordelia because archers...) I will have to look into it a bit more :D:

For Counter to do anything, you need to both be getting hit and taking damage, and that shouldn't happen with a Manakete, especially on Normal. Once you're ground to the max, I'd expect most enemies to be at 0/0 listed damage/Hit.

For Counter to do anything, you need to both be getting hit and taking damage, and that shouldn't happen with a Manakete, especially on Normal. Once you're ground to the max, I'd expect most enemies to be at 0/0 listed damage/Hit.

Is Sol a better option then?

Is Sol a better option then?

Well, Sol isn't exclusive, and it won't help you much either if you're already invincible. I'd go with Underdog since if you stay in Manakete, it'll always be active for promoted Lv.10+ enemies.

I'm watching an Apo playthrough on YouTube. This dude went with a lot of bizarre pairing choices, and yet makes the whole thing look like a cake walk.

Though with dual strike and a bunch of forged brave weapons, maybe it is.

Edited by Radiant head

I'm watching an Apo playthrough on YouTube. This dude went with a lot of bizarre pairing choices, and yet makes the whole thing look like a cake walk.

Though with dual strike and a bunch of forged brave weapons, maybe it is.

Was it Omega?

Was it Omega?

I'd assume so since that's the first thing that appears when you search YT for Apo. I've watched it thrice myself (Bravely Default has nothing to do whatsoever with that).

A few things to keep in mind about that run, though. First, it's really old- I'm pretty sure it was done within a few weeks of Apo being out. Not only was there no meta for it yet (outside of maybe Japan), there wasn't even any enemy data. Thresholds? That guy went in without knowing much about what he'd find.

Additionally, that run was streamed, so I'd hazard a guess that he was using chat pairings. For the first few waves, at least, he was also in the chat.

Even though he seemed to go smoothly, Apo tends to be a map where there's not much middle ground between being fine and being dead, as a byproduct of everything dying so fast. He did have to pause and think quite a few times, though, and there was one spot where the RNG could have killed Kjelle.

Well, Sol isn't exclusive, and it won't help you much either if you're already invincible. I'd go with Underdog since if you stay in Manakete, it'll always be active for promoted Lv.10+ enemies.

Oh! Thank you! I think that this will help me nicely!

It occurs to me that although generally speaking I prefer using Cordelia as a 75 SPD Dark Flier [standard boosts + Grandmaster-pair up + SPD+2 or All Stats+2, combined with her +2 mod] that you could also get her Sorcerer up to the 69 SPD mark with the standard boosts, a Sage pair-up and SPD+2 or All Stats+2.

Its mainly novelty, as the higher movement of Dark Flier and ability to target to avoid Pavise or Aegis as needed is preferable. Lower movement is also a problem.

So I wouldn't really recommend it for serious play, but it occurs to me that it should at least work nonetheless:

40 class SPD - Sorcerer

+2 SPD mod - Cordelia

+ 10 SPD - Limit Breaker

+4 SPD - Rally Speed

+4 SPD - Rally Spectrum

+2 SPD - Rally Heart

+2 SPD - SPD tonic

+3 SPD - Sage pair-up

+2 - SPD +2 OR All Stats +2

= 69

Again, I think Dark Flier is still a better option; I just noticed how this combination works out exactly to the next benchmark value below 75. Going for Sorc + Sage rather than Dark Flier + Grandmaster also gives Cordelia +2 ATK from her class having higher magic and another +2 ATK from the +9 MAG Sage bonus vs. the +7 Magic Grandmaster bonus; the Avatar also gets +6 magic in going from from Gradmaster [40 default, 44 with +MAG] to Sage [46 default, 50 with +MAG].

I do happen to have 50,000+ Renown, so I do have an extra set of boots that I could play around with if I felt like doing this just for novelty's sake. But again, its not really an "optimal" idea by any stretch of the imagination.

In main-game, Dark Flier also works out nicely because its 43 SKL cap [41+2 from Cordelia] lets Grandmaster/Sage take her to 50 SKL, and thus 100% Vengeance, without any further assistance…. it doesn't work out as nicely for Sorcerer, which gets 38+2=40 SKL and would be taken up to only 47 this way [still, a 94% chance]. But in Postgame+DLC it doesn't manner, as Limit Breaker lets both get 100% Vengeance before pair-up anyways.