Tropes and Traditions You're Sick Of or Would Like To See More Of

Jotari

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of infinite exp with dancers, you can fully level up your dancers from the moment you get them provided you don't care about turn count. The only thing having them dance for each other repeatedly would do is allow them to max it out on a LTC run (you could even change up the ranking system so it's based on unit movement instead of overall turn to punish people for leveling their dancers like that). Really there's no issue I can see with having multiple dancers.

Still dancers not being able to dance other dancers would be good as it allows a large variety of dancing types. Like Olivia's special dance to increase stats or the Herons ability to dance for multiple units. Dancing for one unit always seemed slightly not worth it to me since I could just train up another strong unit in the dancer's place.

Edited by Jotari

On the subject of infinite exp with dancers, you can fully level up your dancers from the moment you get them provided you don't care about turn count. The only thing having them dance for each other repeatedly would do is allow them to max it out on a LTC run (you could even change up the ranking system so it's based on unit movement instead of overall turn to punish people for leveling their dancers like that). Really there's no issue I can see with having multiple dancers.

I'd be interested to know how a game would turn out if everybody could dance alongside being a regular unit. Of course, they'd have to set a rule like one dance per turn per character.

There is a basic problem that the word "Jeigan" and "terrible" does NOT mix

Except when people talk about "Bad Jeigan" they are talking about Jeigan, and Frederick is basically Jeigan who looks pretty

Except that Frederick is still a great unit and last I checked Jeigan was considered to be a pretty great unit as well considering the garbage stats enemies had in the NES/SNES games and how broken stat boosting items were? I'm honestly having some trouble trying to understand what you are saying here.

One extremely minor archetype I'd like to see continue is the twin bandit leader duos with cute/friendly sounding names. I really enjoyed the chapters that involved Victor and Vincent in Awakening.

They're not as cute as Rose and Maggie though.

Anyway, more midbosses in chapters, more defend maps, more siege engines/tomes/staves, leadership stars, capture.

Fuck it, a new FE5 would be a remake I'd actually like

Edited by Woodshooter

I just noticed an annoying grammar mistake in the title (curse you Your). Isn't there some kind of full editor I can use to edit the thread title?

Full edit first post?

Edit: I got ninja'd. Ah ha ha.

Edited by Crizix

Should be at the bottom right next to the quote options. And only on your own posts, of course.

Funny how I didn't think of it. I've certainly used that edit button enough times. Anyway that was hugely off topic. Sorry about that. Onwards with the conversations!

Excellus, like almost every other character from Awakening, is a poor imitation of a past character.

Hes also a really terrible Captain Ersatz to a character in a book series. Who kicks. Ass.

I HATE YOU, EXCELLUS!! I mean fuck...Aversa even hints at the guy being a eunuch!

Rrrrr..RAAAAAAAAAAAGE! /Nowi

I vote give everyone characterisation including minor bosses and make them really good so people can go drown in some feels every time they kill a boss

Yes everyone should be Mustafa or whatever that dude's name was from FE13 Chapter 10.

A dude being a pegknight would rule! Bonus points if hes hot! No gonks on my flying ponies, please.

A wyvern rider Jeigan. :B We should have that. Im sick of the Jeigan being a horsie. Sothe was cool in that respect but still...

Im sick unto death with a tsundere archetype who grates and grates on your nerves! Ugh!

Lady Lord who dominates the storyline please. (This is one reason why i like Eirika. She can still have the entire story revolve around her.)

Can we PLEASE fucking stop starting the game with freaking numbskull bandits attacking a town? PLEASE? Why do we need to waste our time with that?

I'd love a shota manakete. I seriously want one. As much as I adore Myrrh and Fa, we desperately need some adorable shota (or shotabait like Nowi) manaketes to use in battle.

I'd love a shota manakete. I seriously want one. As much as I adore Myrrh and Fa, we desperately need some adorable shota (or shotabait like Nowi) manaketes to use in battle.

I just want another Male Manakete. I thought all Manaketes were female until I learnt about Bantu and remembered Morva existed.

Male Manaketes tend to be bad guys a lot. In fact the only female Manakete I can think of who plays the role of an antagonist is Idun and she has no actual villainous intent at all. I think I'll add a female Manakete villain to my list of wants alongside another playable male.

I would like to see Pursuit come back as a class skill for a couple of classes/lines, maybe only working on the Player Phase. I'd like to see more depth to the doubling system in general.

A couple of things from FE5 I'd like to see return are capturing, dismounting, and possibly fatigue. They'll need some tweaking to fit in with the modern system/fix issues, but I don't think they would be bad for FE.