Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Well have you checked all of them yet?

I had to go out for a little while, sorry. I just now started checking, and the one Fire type person I found on my list just happened to have Charmeleon! What are the chances? lol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go out for a little while, sorry. I just now started checking, and the one Fire type person I found on my list just happened to have Charmeleon! What are the chances? lol

Its all right.

But yeah checking all of them is always the best thing to do if you want a certain one.

Though I do remember a FS thread somewhere here..

I managed to get a Gale Wings Fletchinder thanks to Megazam's Trace, but it has a stinking QUIET nature. Which means reduced speed. >_<

But on the bright side, it's female, so I can breed for a better nature and try to pass Gale Wings. But then again, hatchlings are more likely to get a normal ability, aren't they?

Edited by Anacybele

It's like 60% HA pass rate when with a female pokemon who has it

Oh! Well that's cool then. :D

None of its egg moves interest me, so I'll just breed it with my Talonflame and have it pass its moves down. Gotta change up its moveset a bit first though, as I don't plan on getting another Talonflame with higher sp. attack. :P

Edited by Anacybele

If you want to play it safe, breed it with a Ditto. Also, I think the % has been bumped to 80% nowadays. Well, Bulbapedia says it's for the Ability Slot, so I guess the HA slot would fall under it as well.

Well, I just noticed that my Talonflame is also female anyway. xP

I have a Ditto that I got in a trade to increase egg chances (since it has a different ID number than my self-caught Pokemon), so yeah, you're right. I'll wait until I can get the Oval Charm before I start this though, to help with that even more. It is in this game, right? Also, my Talonflame can still actually help out, now that I think about it. Flame Body makes eggs hatch faster if the user is at the first slot in your party, right?

Edited by Anacybele

Be my guest. :)

Seeing as I'm talking about training Fire type Pokemon, I think I'll use the Mega Charizard X and Gale Wings Talonflame on an all Fire type team, since that's my favorite type. The other four will be Rapidash, Infernape, Flareon, and Pyroar. My favorites of this type! I so should design a Mega Rapidash and Mega Infernape. They're my FAVORITE favorites. :D

EDIT: Oh, silly me, I already have the Oval Charm. lol But I'm also on the verge of completing the Central Kalos dex, so yeah, I'll still wait to breed for these guys.

Edited by Anacybele

Hmm, now there's an idea. Maybe once the tournament I'm preparing for is over, I'll try to make competitive mono type teams for all of the types, with no overlaps preferably. I already made all of my mono region teams, so I was getting bored of not making more themed teams in general.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Hmm, now there's an idea. Maybe once the tournament I'm preparing for is over, I'll try to make competitive mono type teams for all of the types, with no overlaps preferably. I already made all of my mono region teams, so I was getting bored of not making more themed teams in general.

I'm trying to get teams for all my characters for RPGmaker

Its hard but after that I'm going to do Mono teams as well

Totally random, but whoo!

Just bred a HA female Torchic after just 10 eggs. From a male Torchic nonetheless.

Don't talk to me about the boxes of failed Eevees.

Now to figure out who has Baton Pass...

Edited by VincentASM

My Fire type team vs your Fire type team. It's gotta happen someday, SL. :D

So, I was thinking this moveset for Mega Charizard X:

Dragon Claw

Dragon Dance

Flare Blitz

Metal Claw

Taking into account its Tough Claws ability. Yes, I'm aware that both Dragon Dance and Metal Claw are egg moves (the latter used to be a level-up move, damn it...). But is there a breeding partner that can learn both of those?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, Shadow Claw is stronger and is a base move.

Edited by Anacybele