Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Mega Gengar's stats: 60 HP / 65 Atk / 80 Def (+20) / 170 SAtk (+40) / 95 SDef (+20) / 130 Spe (+20) | BST: 600 (+100)

Seems like Mega Evos increase the BST by 100 total.

Anyways welcome to Ubers Gengar.

Also Klefki gets Prankster + Spikes, which should be pretty sweet with the statistically best defensive typing in the game.

Talonflame gets Flare Blitz and Brave Bird at Lv.1.

There's a move called Petal Blizzard which is a Grass-type Surf.

Diantha gives you a Ralts holding Gardevoirite in return for any Pokemon. Probably post-game only.

Gogoat's stats: 125 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 90 SpA / 80 SpD / 70 Spe

Aurorus' bases: 125 HP / 85 Atk / 65 Def / 120 SpA / 95 SpA / 70 Spe

Xerneas' bases: 120 HP / 135 Atk / 100 Def / 135 SpA / 100 SpD / 105 Spe

Noivern learns Hurricane.

Freeze Dry is learned by Aurorus at Lv.1. It's 70 BP, can freeze and is super effective on Water-types.

It's confirmed that auto weather abilities have a limit of 5 turns without items.

Dedenne's bases: 65 HP / 65 Atk / 55 Def / 85 SpA / 75 SpD / 100 Spe

Edited by Professor Palutena

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Gengar's stats: 60 HP / 65 Atk / 80 Def (+20) / 170 SAtk (+40) / 95 SDef (+20) / 130 Spe (+20) | BST: 600 (+100)

Seems like Mega Evos increase the BST by 100 total.

Anyways welcome to Ubers Gengar.

Also Klefki gets Prankster + Spikes, which should be pretty sweet with the statistically best defensive typing in the game.

Talonflame gets Flare Blitz and Brave Bird at Lv.1.

There's a move called Petal Blizzard which is a Grass-type Surf.

Diantha gives you a Ralts holding Gardevoirite in return for any Pokemon. Probably post-game only.

Gogoat's stats: 125 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 90 SpA / 80 SpD / 70 Spe

Aurorus' bases: 125 HP / 85 Atk / 65 Def / 120 SpA / 95 SpA / 70 Spe

Xerneas' bases: 120 HP / 135 Atk / 100 Def / 135 SpA / 100 SpD / 105 Spe

Noivern learns Hurricane.

Freeze Dry is learned by Aurorus at Lv.1. It's 70 BP, can freeze and is super effective on Water-types.

It's confirmed that auto weather abilities have a limit of 5 turns without items.

Dedenne's bases: 65 HP / 65 Atk / 55 Def / 85 SpA / 75 SpD / 100 Spe

Mmm, 170 Sp. Atk & 130 Spd. Mega Gengar pretty darn good looking.

Ooh, Prankster + Spikes. Klefki I can feel might be UU.

Talonflame's Level 1 moves rock.

Yay, free Mega Gardy (kinda-somewhat). Though by the sounds of it, Mega Gallade feels less likely imo.

Dang Gogoat, I thought you have pretty good speed. He looks alright otherwise.

Aurorus looks pretty eh also.

Xerneas looks awesome. Kinda weird how both Xerneas and Yveltal seem to be like mixed sweepers. Power Herb!Geomancy seems pretty awesome for it.

Cool, a nice special Flying move for Noivern.

Freeze Dry looks pretty cool. Shame that it doesn't feel that likely that many others besides Aurorus will get it. It's just a feeling.

Well that's gonna send the metagame through a loop, considering the popularity of weather teams. Shame that Mega Charizard Y got Drought when it gets nerfed the same gen.

Dedenne, why do you suck? It's like inferior to Heliolisk in every way. I had faith (for a while) in you.

Edited by Konnor97

Frost Breath is now 60 BP and 90 accuracy, making it almost like Gen 1 Blizzard.

Hurricane now has 110 BP for some reason.

Edit: Holy crap, all the 120 special moves (Fire Blast, Blizzard) got nerfed to 110.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Any changes to accuracy perhaps? This said, nothing's ever immune to Flying attacks and confusion can add a nasty bit of damage.

Nope, no changes in accuracy. Just a flat nerf to Hurricane as well as Thunder, Blizzard and Fire Blast.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/1381364563488-jpg.2065/

http://www.smogon.com/forums/attachments/1381364787382-jpg.2066/

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Well they did mention they were going to modify moves, especially the special ones. I'm a bit surprised it turned out to be a nerf for those, but it's true most high powered physical moves are usually a bit weaker such as Stone Edge and Earthquake.

I'm guessing others like Gunk Shot and Focus Blast got hit by the nerf too.

3ae465ab9863324bb9411ec83173066b.png

Delphox <3

I knew you wouldn't let me down.

What kind of move that Delphox is doing?

And by the way, did anyone know what Mega Evolution that Raichu and Zoroark that changes, I wanted to see it what Mega Raichu and Mega Zoroark looks like.

Edited by King Marth 64

And by the way, did anyone know what Mega Evolution that Raichu and Zoroark that changes, I wanted to see it what Mega Raichu and Mega Zoroark looks like.

We don't know yet if Raichu and Zoroark have mega evolutions.

Mega Absol's stats: 65 HP / 150 Atk / 60 Def / 115 SpA / 60 SpD / 115 Spe / 565 BST | Magic Bounce

Gourgeist's stats: 100 HP / 80 Atk / 120 Def / 50 SpA / 75 SpD / 90 Spe / 485 BST | Frisk, Natural Cure | Evolves via Trade

Pyroar's stats: 85 HP / 75 Atk / 75 Def / 110 SpA / 65 SpD / 105 Spe | Unnerve, Rivalry

Only pokes we're missing stats from are Slurpuff, Aromatisse, Mega Mawile, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gyarados and any Mega evolutions we don't know of yet.

Gourgeist stands out as a really interesting Poke imo. I hope it gets Will-o-Wisp

camI0EX.png

Kinda cool with the different formes. Probably has it based on the country where the OT caught it.

Edited by Professor Palutena

It doesn't look like it's country-based. On Serebii someone reported the US both getting Modern (Ohio) and Polar (Maine). Can't really say if this is true since he didn't really put conclusive proof, but who knows...

Tundra's generally a bit further south than polar, which implies the very tip of the poles.

Norway's slightly closer to the North Pole as a whole since it's small and doesn't extend as far to the south, but Canada reaches 84 degrees north in latitude at the very north of Nunavut while Norway only reaches 81 due to Svalbard.