Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

Hooooooooooookay. First off, sorry for completely not exisiting. I've had homework, and a test coming up, and just general major stress from living in new city, etc. etc. Basically, these last few days have been real hard, but hopefully I'll exist more now. So.

Fair enough. u sud say something sooner next tiem

Right. So, wrt backup, I did in fact use my role on Shinori. However... I was dumb and didn't ask a question that I should have and, well, basically what it comes down to is I'm now vanilla because I don't refuel shots. I assumed that since Shinori died, his 1-shot wouldn't have counted as used, but apparently it did. So herp on me. Also, I would have been able to use it N3, not N2. It's not instant and it's a night role.

Well, that's lame. :\

Also, of course I was trying to get the lynch off of me. I'm town, and I know I am, therefore SB had a much better chance at being scum than I did. And, hey, he's scum. Now, I know that doesn't prove I'm town, but the attempt at a turbowagon on me when scum was the opposite wagon should indicate that it's less likely that I'm scum if nothing else.

My point was that you didn't vote SB because you thought he was scum; let's say that hypothetically he was a townie, but scum for whatever reason would rather have killed you off. In that scenario, you'd have still voted for him, which doesn't strike me as a particularly townie thing to do. I agree that the turbowagon on you indicates a lower likelihood that you are scum, but that's not what I believe you are anyways, so w/e.

Different days. Different things. With Eclipse/Bizz, neither had flipped. I had no solid read on either of them, so it comes down to null. With Manix/Paper, Manix had flipped. I *knew* that Manix was scum and rereading things made me think that Paper was scum as opposed to town fighting with Manix. It's also different because Eclipse and Bizz both voted for each other. You're comparing two slightly similar situations but completely ignoring everything that makes them different to allow for you to find me scummy for it. Don't like this line of thinking one bit.

See, it bothers me how you could not have had a solid read on Eclipse/Bizz after that huge argument. Honestly, I didn't read things through properly and hadn't noticed that Eclipse and Bizz voted for each other (I thought it was just Eclipse), so my apologies for that. I also don't really like how black and white you're being with the Manix/Paper fights, as you're assuming they're either both town or both scum. I agree that the scenarios are different, but you haven't provided a satisfactory explanation for why Manix/Paper fighting were in fact scum fighting.

Also don't like the bit where you're assuming I'm SK because... I tunnel on Paper and defend myself?

Two unrelated thoughts. Tunneling in on players is not indicative of alignment, but rather bad play; defending is a null tell, however not scumhunting at all doesn't strike me as something a townie would do. I also like how you say that I'm assuming that you're SK when FMPOV, your behavior and actions throughout the game (not taking a definite stance on anything, focusing in on a few players) indicate that you are so. The reason I believe you're SK and not mafia is because of the Day 1 wagons.

Never voted Paper D1 first off. Second off, my reasons for voting paper are he jumped on my bandwagon for very little reason, and he hasn't done anything to convince me he's town since.

Apologies for the first one; however, considering that there are several people who jumped on to your bandwagon, what makes Paper scummier than the rest of them?

If literally the only reason you're voting on me is because of a lack of effort, I would like to encourage you to try again because that's not a solid case and doesn't indicate scummieness either way.

I'm not voting on you purely based on lack of effort (or at all anymore, really, considering you've given your explanations on that regard), and I believe my arguments should have indicated as such.

And the way that you're ITP hunting instead of scum hunting makes me even more comfortable with a lynch on you. You've been a scum read sitting at the back of my mind while I've been focusing on Paper, but I'd be just fine lynching you too.

I'm voting the person that I am most sure is a threat to the town. If I was more sure of my convictions regarding Euklyd, I would have voted him. I'm not sure why this looks bad on my part, since nothing you have done has really indicated that you are a townie FMPOV.

With Bizz flip, that narrows down the people that jumped on my wagon to Refa, Paper, and Psych.

Considering that I was the one who made the original reasoning on you in the first place (as all of the people who hopped on the wagon were basically using that as reason to vote you), I wouldn't call it jumping on the wagon any more than Eclipse jumped on the wagon.

However, Refa voting for someone who he thinks isn't scum is extremely bad.

I'm voting for the person who I think is most likely to be a threat to the town. If I start getting stronger scum vibes from Euklyd or any other player, I would be happy to lynch them over scorri. However, as that is not the case, she is who I am voting for. I'm curious as to why you think voting for an SK is extremely bad. The worst it does is fail to confirm my towniness, although my reasons for doing so should become clearer when I roleclaim tommorow.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow i was a broken record in regards to my second to last reply to scorri and eclipse, sorry about that. I'll try to proofread my posts better next time.

See, it bothers me how you could not have had a solid read on Eclipse/Bizz after that huge argument. Honestly, I didn't read things through properly and hadn't noticed that Eclipse and Bizz voted for each other (I thought it was just Eclipse), so my apologies for that. I also don't really like how black and white you're being with the Manix/Paper fights, as you're assuming they're either both town or both scum. I agree that the scenarios are different, but you haven't provided a satisfactory explanation for why Manix/Paper fighting were in fact scum fighting.

I'm not assuming they're both town or both scum. I looked over the fight and to me, the best explanation for it is that they're scum buddies. It was distancing themselves without ever actually following through on the read. Whereas with eclipse/bizz, Bizz has flipped town and eclipse could be scum, but I'm getting a town vibe as of now. I never once said that they both must be town or both scum, I just believe that they are both scum.

I also don't really like your insistence that you'll roleclaim tomorrow. What's the huge difference between claiming now vs then?

I also don't really like your insistence that you'll roleclaim tomorrow. What's the huge difference between claiming now vs then?

I don't really want to say any more on this subject, I feel like I've already made this more obvious than it needs to be.

Elieson: I won't deny that I'm lynching more for associative reads, However it doesn't mean I don't find Refa scummy, but the thing is almost any case I make at this stage will be calling out someone for coasting/not doing anything and its hard to make a coherent case now. I'm hoping a flip will help my reads.

Scorri now being a vanilla... ugh it makes sense and is even harder to read her now. >_>

Boron could you liek vote or something, kthxbai.

Also is it fair to assume the mafia have some sort of role that makes another player attain a nexus modifier for a night? That'd explain why Grass and Boron targeted Shinori but got redirected to different players.

Refa - You are currently up in contention with Paperblade as today's lynch. Who says you'll survive to claim tomorrow?

Also, the biggest, constant threat to the town is scum - mafia AND SK falls under this. To hunt for one without going after the other doesn't sit well with me.

Elieson: I won't deny that I'm lynching more for associative reads, However it doesn't mean I don't find Refa scummy, but the thing is almost any case I make at this stage will be calling out someone for coasting/not doing anything and its hard to make a coherent case now. I'm hoping a flip will help my reads.

Scorri now being a vanilla... ugh it makes sense and is even harder to read her now. >_>

Boron could you liek vote or something, kthxbai.

Also is it fair to assume the mafia have some sort of role that makes another player attain a nexus modifier for a night? That'd explain why Grass and Boron targeted Shinori but got redirected to different players.

Read what Boron claimed, and who she claimed to target.

Refa - You are currently up in contention with Paperblade as today's lynch. Who says you'll survive to claim tomorrow?

If I'm a) close to hammer or b) the day's about to end and I'm going to be lynched, I'll out my role and why I targetted Marth.

Also, the biggest, constant threat to the town is scum - mafia AND SK falls under this. To hunt for one without going after the other doesn't sit well with me.

Considering that I posted a considerable bit on Euklyd, I don't see how I've failed to scumhunt (I believe there is a chance that he is scum, but I'm more certain of my vote on scorri); when I say biggest threat to town I don't mean alignment, I mean player wise.

For reference, I will leave in about three hours, and I won't be back before the phase ends. If you're going to claim, make sure to do so at a time when people have a chance to change their minds, or you'll end up lynched anyway (so don't claim fifteen minutes before hammer or something equally silly).

My problem is that you're going after who you think the SK is, as opposed to mafia. Do you honestly think that Euklyd is the final mafia member out there?

For reference, I will leave in about three hours, and I won't be back before the phase ends. If you're going to claim, make sure to do so at a time when people have a chance to change their minds, or you'll end up lynched anyway (so don't claim fifteen minutes before hammer or something equally silly).

My problem is that you're going after who you think the SK is, as opposed to mafia. Do you honestly think that Euklyd is the final mafia member out there?

OK, thanks for the tip.

scorri and Euklyd are the only ones pinging me atm. Not sure how many mafia members there would be, but I'm not finding anyone else suspicious atm.

Refa, you should probably claim your role now anyway, when people are able to see it and switch if necessary. Outing your role near the day's end only causes confusion, and depending on who's around and who's not sometimes you can't even switch your votes to get a different lynch target. I'm not sure what the benefit of claiming tomorrow is.

BBM, get Marth's ISO linked to the first page.

Okay, so, basically same things that I've said before applies here. Paperblade's D1 up until Manix subbed out looks town, but everything after that is very meh.

Refa's logic isn't the best, but I am not sure if he's scum. In all honesty, I really don't know how to read Refa because I'm not seeing the scumminess that everyone else seems to see. I just think he has questionable logic but I'm not really seeing the scum intent.

Not sure how popular my opinion is here, but I am starting to not like Weapons. D1 was basically a lot of screwing around with a reread and some opinions at the end of the phase, but not very much of them were in-depth or explained. D2 had him fake a guilty on Euklyd and that was the majority of his content on D2. Scum can fake reaction tests as well, remember Rein in C9++? Wasn't it like a day or two before he retracted the claim as well? Not a whole lot from what I'm seeing on D3 either, a vote for Refa that was switched to a vote for Elieson over win-con, and still no real explanations.

I dunno, I'm just not really liking what he's (not) doing right now.

##Vote: Weapons

Votals

Paperblade (4): Elieson, Eclipse, Scorri, Euklyd

Refa (3): Weapons, Paperblade, Marth

Scorri (1): Refa

Weapons (1): Boron

Not Voting (1): Psych

With 10 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch at deadline and 7 to hammer. Phase ends on October 3rd at 9PM EDT (October 4th at 1AM GMT). You have slightly under 14 hours left in the phase.

ugh I'd prefer a Refa lynch to Paper but I don't want to tie the lynch

That's never stopped you before? It seems weird that you'd get all self conscious about this now, especially considering we have like 14 hours left in the phase, more than enough time for someone to switch a vote on me or what have you.

Votals

Paperblade (5): Elieson, Eclipse, Scorri, Euklyd, Psych

Scorri (1): Refa

Not Voting (0): None

With 10 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch at deadline and 7 to hammer. Phase ends on October 3rd at 9PM EDT (October 4th at 1AM GMT). You have slightly over 2 hours left in the phase.

I think this may be the first time in the game that everybody has been voting someone?

ISO'd Paperblade; results below.

Day 1

Honestly, his day 1 is looking pretty good. I'm not really seeing any scum intent in most of his posts (more on this later), and he is making an active effort to hunt scum. However, there's one thing that seems off to me, and no it's not the scorri bussing. It's this;

All 2s is my boy

Also something I noticed on my reread is that Manix didn't really have a scumread on me other than a "I dislike Paper's defense of Refa's NL suggestion" that he never addressed me directly about, but gets on my for finding him scummy about my idea when he seems to find me scummy solely due to that idea + my reaction to his reaction. This irks me for some reason, it feels sort of hypocritical

This makes more sense retrospectively, considering that Manix flipped scum and it makes sense that he'd waffle on some of his points. What bothers me is that Paperblade is implying that he knew that Manix was scum, even before he flipped (keep in mind that this is Day 1). Unless he's a Day-Cop of some sort (and as he didn't claim Day-Cop, I'm assuming he's not), there's only one way for him to have known that...

Day 2

I don't really get his scum claiming vanilla case. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be the safest role for them to claim (considering if they claimed other roles, they couldn't be sure of duplicates, could get watched/tracked on following days, etc.)? Not sure if I find this scummy persay, but that's really iffy logic.

He spends a lot of it talking about the semantics of rolespec, which feels like a lot of fluff, before jumping onto a lynch of me without actually explaining why that would be a good thing to do.

Day 3

Firstly, he votes Elieson just for being a 3rd party. Now, I agree that Elieson revealing his role could be potentially detrimental to town (but then again, if he hadn't he might have gotten mislynched, which would have been far worse), and there is a chance that he is SK, but the actual case was rather flimsy and seems more like a policy lynch than anything else.

Also I don't get WTF is going on with his Eclipse argument, so just leaving that out of this.

Conclusion

I had him as a town read at first because I wasn't really paying attention to him, but after ISOing him I'm honestly finding him a lot scummier than I was before. Seeing as my other scumreads aren't going anywhere atm;

##Unvote

##Vote: Paperblade

Actually it's a little over 2. I meant to say we had 3 hours left when psych voted. Derp

Sorry about that, I just read the description, hadn't actually bothered to check the time.

no it's not the scorri bussing.

So... question. Bussing is when scum tries to get one of their teammates lynched. I'm assuming that this is a misuse of a word on your part because otherwise this would seem to imply that you find me to be mafia when you've been pretty clear you find the opposite true this phase.

So... question. Bussing is when scum tries to get one of their teammates lynched. I'm assuming that this is a misuse of a word on your part because otherwise this would seem to imply that you find me to be mafia when you've been pretty clear you find the opposite true this phase.

Oh...yeah. I meant wagoning, sorry about that.

"That Paperblade sure is shifty," people observed. And nobody really disagreed so you strung him and lynched him.

Votals

Paperblade (6): Elieson, Eclipse, Scorri, Euklyd, Psych, Refa

Not Voting (0): None

Paperblade has been lynched! He was:

Dear Paperblade, you are Luka Megurine, the Shrouded, as claimed by Bizz in Bizarro Mafia.

Bizz claimed Shrouded as the game winded down and everyone had to massclaim. The mafia actually already knew she was the Serial Killer, but they were getting picked off themselves and needed more kills from her to win, so they left her alive, and then they got eliminated, leaving Bizz alone against the town for three Days. And due to you, she survived and won her first game as SK! So even though she says she didn’t deserve the win, you’re pretty happy with yourself, and you’re not about to let yourself be dethroned even though you already were by my 1-shot Vig claim get wrecked.

Therefore, on Day 1, you may not be lynched. In addition, for the first three Nights, you may not be targeted by any actions. Any attempts to do either of these things will fail.

You are allied with the Successful Claims. You win when the Successful Claims reach parity with the rest of the game.

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to send in your actions. Phase ends on October 4th at 9PM EDT (October 5th 1AM GMT).

Edited by BigBadMarshmallow