Semi-Precious Mafia - Mafia wins!

eclipse

MOD METATM but I don't think that Eclipse would make WW scum in his first game.

SB what do you think of what I said about Scorri's Kirsche vote?

you know baldrick is a counterexample to this

I disagree with what you said about it, and you've handwaved the part about his attack on you for a townread.

>No offence SB, but part of the comments on me were a little close to nitpicking. I often embellish posts with comments like that right across the site. Comes from having low self esteem. As for my telling Poly to scum hunt elsewhere, if you check back I also stated that I wasn't telling him to stop suspecting me, just that I'm just one player and there's going to be at least three mafia.

It still read like you were deflecting away suspicion to me, even if you said that.

Also, how're you sure that there are at least three mafia?

Don't like how DA BEAR just hopped on the biggest wagon and didn't say anything in regards to any other players aside from some leaning townreads. Is that the best you can do?

Polydeuces should definitely claim.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask why you don't seem to be particularly desperate for me to shift my vote from you yet, but you are at two votes currently; you're comparatively safe. Unless things shift drastically anyway.

I hadn't really noticed you were voting me.

It doesn't look like I'm getting lynched though so I don't really care about it...

How did I handwave Kirsche's attack on me? I pointed out how Kirsche had a wrong basis, but that if the basis had been correct, his vote would have been justified. And I talked about why I felt that him having a wrong basis didn't make the vote scummy. Part of Scorri's vote on Kirsche was that even if the basis had been there, his vote on me would still have been scummy.

Was Schoolteacher Baldrick's first game? I thought it was Strip or something.

I don't get your Bearclaw vote either. Why should he be worried about a vote on him if he's two votes behind the leading wagon?

Numbers are probably something like 8/3 or maybe 8/2/1. A 1:2 town:mafia ratio is rare.

Schoolteacher was Baldrick's first game, yeah. At least it started before Strip.

He was suspicious of you because you had a townread that he didn't approve of, and I don't get why you don't think that that's scummy? Maybe I'm just biased towards kirsche because of his generally lurky and lower levelled play compared to usual in this game, but I definitely think scorri's vote has some merit.

I know that a second vote is unlikely to do much more, but apathetic townies are the ones who lose games. If he is town, he really shouldn't just be sitting back and being lazy, he should be doing something, especially considering he's been gone pretty much all day. He might still get last minute wagoned if Polydeuces ends up claiming some important/obvtown role (except this will probably be hard to switch over considering the phase ends at like 5AM for over a third of the game.)

Cbf to reread. Will just address stuff since my last post.

First off: Bear why did you vote Wayward? Also apathy sucks but I'm not sure if voting you for it alone really accomplishes anything.

MOD METATM but I don't think that Eclipse would make WW scum in his first game.

What the fuck is this shit?

...I guess Poly's in line for a lynch with current numbers anyway, I don't need to push. But as it is now 15 min to midnight, and I won't be able to get online between midnight and about 9am (by which time it'll be Night phase), time's running out. I suppose if I do miss changing over then the lynch will still likely happen, but Poly's got another 5 or so hours to explain himself.

Don't really like this. "I could push him but I don't need to so I won't" is like a covered up attempt at keeping a wagon hop open.

I'm working on the basis there's at least a 1:2, or 3:6 mafia:town ratio. I'm not certain, it's just guesswork. And that leaves two slots unfilled, but we could have independents.

Don't worry about numbers dude, doing that will bite us in the ass later on. 6/3/1/1 is a really silly thing to guess as well.

I feel like he's more vigworthy

Yes let's tell the theoretical vig what to do, what could possibly go wrong?

As for Marth, I'm not too fond of how he spends a while seemingly defending scorri. It's bad but I don't get a scumread from it, so I dunno?

Waffling.

I feel like kirsche has been really under the radar

This is why.

I feel like I have reasons to distrust more or less the entire game to varying extents

@Bard: See, I find this more typical of scum than not having reads. Scum think that if they don't have reads they'll look bad so they get all self-conscious and start looking for minor things to distrust a lot of people. They force reads. Good example is WoMC in Kirby.

Don't like SB's list post. Still want to lynch Scorri, so I'm not moving me vote. Despite the stupid host spec BBM is scumhunting more so I'm happier with him.

Lynching Priority: Scorri > Poly >> SB > Wayward

Goodnight.

Town also can have a lot of scumreads, like Strege in Musical Chairs. He was under fire from it and was town. kirsche, why don't you like the post? All you say is that a single one of the points is waffling and that scum like to force lots of reads, yet somehow you've gone from never having mentioned a read on me at all. Also he has one post about Wayward that he seemingly wants to lynch him for and I read that thing as more "there are already enough votes on him to lynch him and I don't want to hammer him" over being hesitant. You also seem really touchy about the vig.

Bear: It's not about that, it's generally that being apathetic doesn't help the town all, and neither does not addressing people's suspicions of you, rather than sitting around and making comments about not being afraid of being lynched. There is a game after day 1 after all.

kirsche: I don't think SB was waffling on me when he commented on my 'defence' of scorri. I can see why he'd think that though I was trying to mostly challenge BBM's consistency with his scorri read than defend her.

Also meh I don't think Poly will magically appear and claim in three hours. I feel like we haven't had enough discussion to get a good lynch but this is our best shot IMO. Otherwise I'd go with bearclaw, then maybe BBM

Don't like how kirsche just doesn't like SB's list post without ever elaborating on it. One-worders and one-liners won't do man.

How much more time is left in the phase? I need to reply to the past few pages of things, but not sure how much time I have left to do so.

Nah this isn't my first mention of bearclaw, I mentioned him way back during some time during ED1 when I thought he was scum wasting time by voting on the Shin wagon. Refer #82 and #85

I think you're scummy because I feel like you're playing to your scum meta and find people irksome for the smallest of reasons without explaining much. Then there's the 'picking up a scumread and then dropping it for no reason' about me that I mentioned. On further questioning you explained your scorri read better, hence you're lower on my lynch list.

should have searched for BEAR instead of BEARCLAW in your iso

I'm not sure about my read on you. I don't agree with a lot of what you're saying but I feel that your effort and tone are somewhat townie, and I can't really remember the last time you were scum but I feel that you try to throw suspicions around more when you are. Also I need to make more of an effort to separate my usage of "dislike" to "disagree" and "find scummy" because I think that I've been using dislike at times when I didn't really mean to indicate a scumread.

Also I thought that Kirsche said something about Poly before going to sleep, but he didn't really, which I think is slightly suspicious. He lists Poly in his list of scumreads, but I don't think he ever says anything direct about him. Just indirectly by attacking my defence of him and attacking WW's choice not to push him.

The last time I was scum was in Avatar: The Last Airbender mafia. I also don't remember the last time I played with you as town, but I think it was that same mafia game.

You've got about 1 hour and 20 minutes remaining.

(I fell asleep)

Bearclaw (3): Wayward Winds, Polydeuces, SB

Polydeuces (5): Refa, Marth, Bard, Shin, Bearclaw

scorri (2): BBM, Kirsche

Kirsche (1): Scorri

Bearclaw, run that name by another mod, 'cause IMO you're running kinda close to rule 1.5.

Edited by eclipse

Not playing

bearclaw please try to keep your usernames mafia-friendly, since ISOs are a pain and spaces in your name are even more so.

Not playing

Wayward looks less like newb town than I thought and just general newb. I thought that he would just sit back and coast at first, but now I kind of see his actions as scummy. He looks really defensive in places with stuff like "let's see how much flak I attract for this one" and when he said to Polydeuces to "do a bit of scum hunting elsewhere or I’m shifting my vote to you" is also pretty bad along with him having a very weak opinion on Polydeuces reaction to it.

What is scummy about his actions, though? First you say you're seeing his actions more as general newb rather than newb scum, which would indicate a null tell at worst. But then you mention that he looks scummy for being self deprecating, but is that something only scum would do?

DIdn't like scorri's earlygame defensiveness, but I agree with her kirsche vote and feel a little bit better about her than I did before. Would still lynch, but I feel like there's bigger fish to fry.

kirsche's vote on BBM was bad for reasons that scorri already explained. I feel like kirsche has been really under the radar and his play's been weak and lazy. Not really enough to propel him over some others, but still.

If you earnestly feel that kirsche is lazy, why have you done nothing to pressure him? If playing weak and being under the radar lets him stroll through Day 1, then he will continue to do so until pressured; why not pressure him now, rather than later?

Polydeuce's early posts were dumbtelling instead of scumtelling, but his empty unvote post where he pretty much discredits all of his own reads, says that DA BEAR isn't around enough to pressure but then votes him after more people call him out on it, which was a pretty bad reaction. He also hasn't explained his read on DA BEAR. I feel like most of this stuff about Polydeuces has been beaten to death though. Would lynch here.

Already said that I didn't like Refa due to him replacing early scumhunting with short questions and responses that say you do or don't disagree. Also his comment about me tunnelling on scorri with two posts on her is funny, and he says that I spend more time talking about my opinion on himself and scorri than coming up with scumreads, when those are scumreads. I've just focused on my more prominent ones, and I've said things about other players as well. Also him voting Polydeuces for dumbtelling was bad.

You have never refuted my point that what you consider dumbtelling, others consider scumtelling. The problem with your theory is that it preassumes that dumb mistakes are never made by scum, which is simply not the mistake; again, noone is voting Polydeuces because he is making dumb choices, but rather because they see the scum intent in them. The fact that you are misrepping this argument seems rather scummy to me.

I don't even get what you're trying to prove with your bolded sentence, considered I've provided multiple sets of reads. Yes, me and scorri are your scumreads, but you barely had any reads on anyone else, and instead spent your time justifying your positions on us; focusing on your more prominent reads is what tunneling is when you do it to such a high degree.

Other notes because the phase is almost over and blarghhhh;
Bearclaws' attitude is really bothering me; apathy does not help a town win.
I'm reading SB's recent posts as more towny
No more thoughts only post before deadline

Votals

"What are your intentions, you with the tourmaline?" The stone's glow intensifies, and the rest of you shield your eyes. When the light fades, you see Polydeuces, slumped over. Bits of the once-radiant tourmaline litter his area, his blood slowly covering them. A piece of paper flutters down.

Dear Polydeuces,

You hold a Tourmaline. This stone comes in many colors. You, uh, have a lot of debt with many different credit companies.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Stop PLAYER. You will prevent PLAYER from doing their night action (if they have one).

*snip*

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Mutters of shock and disbelief fill the room. He was no different from the rest of you. . .

It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends on 10/7 at 7 PM HST (that's 10/8 at 5 AM GMT). NO POSTING AT NIGHT!