Semi-Precious Mafia - Mafia wins!

eclipse

What the eff, the topic title didn't change. ;/

Anyway, it looks like all actions came in. . .but I need to rest. You have until 7 PM today (that's five and a half hours) to change your minds!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You reconvene for the next day. Polydeuces' body is nowhere to be found. Instead, BBM's corpse is slumped over his own stone. A piece of paper floats above him.

Dear BBM,

You hold a chunk of Amber. This stone has held the key to many past mysteries. You, on the other hand, hold on to grudges.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Trap PLAYER. If you die before the next night phase, you will reveal PLAYER's deepest secret (which is their role PM) to everyone.

*snip*

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The amber shines, projecting another role PM with it.

Dear kirsche,

You hold a Bloodstone. You will stop at nothing to get what you want, as long as you don't have to suffer the consequences of your own actions.

ONCE during the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Mimic PLAYER, followed by the verbage in PLAYER'S role PM. PLAYER must be dead. You will use PLAYER'S role as your own for the night.

*snip*

You are allied with the mafia. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated.

Without further ado, you begin discussion.

It is now Day 2! Day 2 ends on 10/9 at 7 PM (10/10 5 AM). GO!

Also I just want to say odsaundoinaonreounuoeandeuao;

For the record, I had Polydeuces as a mafia read and kirsche as a town read. Clearly I fucked up somewhere.

Theoretical dayvig should shoot kirsche after half of this phase so we get some better associative reads IMO.

Actually, I agree. It would be better not to waste this day lynching kirsche instantly, because afterwards we'd go back to where we ended up Day 1 (hint- it involved lynching a townie). Still, I'm keeping my vote on him because I'm not sure that a theoretical day vig exists, but we shouldn't hammer.

Ok so upon re-read,

kirsche's vote pattern for D1: Scorri-->BBM-->Scorri. Can't make anything out of it, but Scorri's LD1 wasn't really solid either. Her kirsche vote was meh at best and she didn't really spend time getting any other reads? Too bad she missed the hours before phase end, because we could've maybe got better insight on what her thoughts of the game were.

kirsche's say on SB looks like a horrible buss but SB's content has been solid generally(except for maybe comments like finding everybody in the game suspicious) and his view on kirsche is agreeable. it could be distancing but I don't have much more to go off so *shrug*

I personally think WW is newb!town. I mean come on I've never seen newb!scum write walls of post together and tryhard to find scum; also stuff like 'I'll unvote and then vote only when I make an informed decision' strikes me as heavily town IMO.

Shin and Bearclaw are being lazy which is honestly annoying because its hard to get reads. Like, they just hopped on the Poly wagon LD1 and before that just vote-parked and never said more. I know I said bearclaw was scummy last phase but I wouldn't want to gun for his lynch because it'd be an easy lynch at this point of the game. You know, especially since we have a guilty now, players are probably gonna be more lazy .

Refa, the court would like you to testify as to what made you change your opinion of SB from scum in ##114 to towny in ##173.

Kinda been reading Bard as town, but nothing much to say for now.

imo scorri is looking townier after kirsche's alignment flip. Not majorly town, but she's definitely improving from yesterday considering kirsche's push on her and vice versa.

Also, my action failed last night. Could've been kirsche, I dunno. Dayvig should shoot fast because SF is horrible as far as getting discussion flowing after a guilty report.

Kind of busy right now, more after school.

Thanks BBM!

I've been out of it for a bit, nothing's really changed from me looking at Poly (and associatively, kirsche doesn't push Poly particularly hard either, no real indication of Town/Not Town) but I admit there is something more interesting on the table right now. I'll read kirsche's posts and do some analysis later, gotta jet to school.

Note to self: always shoot Bard.

##Vote: kirsche

Probably a good thing because uni is time-exhausting. I posted everytime I could and was still accused of lurking so no more games for me until Christmas. /retire

Well, we know we're lynching/killing/baking kirsche, it wouldn't hurt to keep the scum hunting. Marth, you say I'm lazy, but you need to remember my timezone, especially considering phase end is at like 5am for me.

I'm looking at scorri's kirsche vote, it came very late and didn't have much basis. Considering kirsche was never really at risk of being lynched, I'm smelling some distancing. I can appreciate scorri's busy, but the scumread on BBM and weak case on kirsche look bad.

Refa, mind sharing how SB's gone from one of your scumreads to kinda town? It's an interesting metamorphosis!

...I see Kirsche is trying to speed up his hammer. Hmm.

As far as I know my night action did not fail, but as it was directed at Kirsche as well (figured there were enough people on Bear's case, obvious-target-Poly turned out to be a mislynch, so I might as well look at someone else), I didn't pick up anything new. But BBM's action told more than my action could have anyway.

I'll recheck my spreadsheet and get back to you with any updated suspicions.

Shin, me calling you lazy has nothing to do with timezone at phase end. The problem is you vote ended up being on the leading wagon, and before than, was sustained since RVS on bearclaw. There isn't much scumhunting besides that, although in hindsight it probably would've been better at phase end.

Oh, huh, that's nice.

No one else should vote for kirsche right now. He's at L-2 right now, and don't want accidental hammer. K? Cool.

Moving on, I will reread after I'm done taking a test in ~3 hours.

I bet Bard survived to Day 2 because he's SCUM

I personally think WW is newb!town. I mean come on I've never seen newb!scum write walls of post together and tryhard to find scum; also stuff like 'I'll unvote and then vote only when I make an informed decision' strikes me as heavily town IMO.

Shin and Bearclaw are being lazy which is honestly annoying because its hard to get reads. Like, they just hopped on the Poly wagon LD1 and before that just vote-parked and never said more. I know I said bearclaw was scummy last phase but I wouldn't want to gun for his lynch because it'd be an easy lynch at this point of the game. You know, especially since we have a guilty now, players are probably gonna be more lazy .

Disagreeing with that analysis of why he's newbtown. Terrador managed it in Drafters, and the "I'll unvote until sure" could also be seen as new players coasting, especially when he backed off of his initial wallpost when it came under criticism.

Being an easy lynch does not make it a bad lynch, if the player in question is actually scummy.

Don't like how DA BEAR's only scumread is dead and rather than updating his reads he decided to ask me who I targetted. Get some content up and I'll answer your question.

Refa should answer how I'm suddenly town to him. Shin and DA BEAR have coasted through Day 1, although DA BEAR is a bit worse from this. Almost all of DA BEAR's posts are spammy as hell, and he only had one scumread. Shin was lazy too Day 1, but his posts were at least relevant to the game. Both of them should step it up.

##Vote: DA BEAR

Yeesh, Uni destroyed my brain today. Anyway...

...Anyone else think Scorri was a little lacklustre there? I'd have thought the news of BBM's heroic sacrifice would have got a little more of a reaction. And, uh, does dropping the hammer end the phase early or something? I'm just baffled why a confirmed mafia player isn't booted when he's probably not even looking in now he's discovered. Or, completely the opposite, he's doing some private last minute plotting with the other mafia member/s.

(That doesn't mean I want him removed, I just want to know why hammering is bad).

Back to the subject of Scorri, I'm not overly suspicious of her yet, I'm just entertaining the possibility that BBM was onto something.

Bear's still quiet. Hopping on the Poly wagon and not really commenting on anyone else (despite being around later to report the time) suggests to me he was after a lynch, nothing more. There's playing badly, which is what I'm doing, and there's not bothering to play, which is where Bear seems to fall at present. But if he is mafia, then for all we know he could actually be very active... talking privately to the other mafia. Regardless, that's the second time he's hopped on a bandwagon and attempted to bump it to the hammer. I'm leaving my vote where it is.

Back to BBM, I can't help but notice that apart from Kirsche his main attacker was Bluedoom. We had the meta dispute, reasons for voting Scorri, and in post #112 there was no small amount of minor quibbles. To be fair Marth did apologise close to the end of D1 and repeated the apology when BBM turned up dead this morning, but it did go on for a rather long time. It could well have been paranoia, but I'm keeping an eye on him for a bit.

Otherwise, I've got little to say at the moment, just anomalous feelings. If Bear is next to the noose and turns out to be scum, then I'd expect Shin to be Town due to the long running criticism of Bear. Scorri... can talk a bit more before I start getting overly suspicious there, and I'm currently seeing Refa as leaning town for frequent updates on his own thoughts. Bard... Kirsche's 'shoot Bard' line could be misdirection in either direction so I'm putting him as null-read until I reread his posts. SB's paranoia doesn't give me any reason to suspect him either.

Question; do the mafia eliminate their night victim as a group, or do they nominate someone to do the deed? (Just trying to figure out if my night ability can help in spotting killers. You can work out what it is from that and the above post.)

What? No, why would you be modkilled?

Hammer does in fact end the phase, so we don't want to rush that because of killing discussion time.

I haven't had a chance to reread yet, sorry, been busy getting work done.