Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

There must be a sort of agreement system in place imo. And I don't think this will work daily since I think some character's balance needs to be discussed more than that.

what if we did something like each nominate a solution, then use a poll to select a solution, if there is a tie then we try to create a compromise of some sort?

also

barst is fine the issue is bord cord and darros the other 3 axe users you get that chapter are all awful compared to him i think they need to be discussed as a group

catria is op maybe drop her speed?

edit: balancing characters independently isnt the best method i think since how characters compare to each other is a major part of game balance in fire emblem

also i think it would be nice for 11 and 12 to have 2 seperate topics

Edited by Wintersmith

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barst could lose some of his strength and/or speed, since his starting combat stats really do stand out among the rest of your army.

FE12!Caeda is fine really. You could nerf the Wing Spear in some way, but would you still use her then? Probably not, so keep her as she is.

Barst could lose some of his strength and/or speed, since his starting combat stats really do stand out among the rest of your army.

FE12!Caeda is fine really. You could nerf the Wing Spear in some way, but would you still use her then? Probably not, so keep her as she is.

This is Catria's day, not Caeda's. :P:

barst: doesn't need a nerf; honestly he's screwed anyway because he doesn't have access to paladin or DK after promo and he doesn't have any ranks for horseman

catria: doesn't need a nerf; she's good in H3 but really isn't that special. if you nerfed her at all, she would be approaching unusable.

Nerf Catria's support list. That thing is a joke.

And maybe base DEF by 1-2. For a supposed late/end-game unit, she often acquires 3HKO-status in early and mid game.

barst: doesn't need a nerf; honestly he's screwed anyway because he doesn't have access to paladin or DK after promo and he doesn't have any ranks for horseman

Isn't Hero good enough? Unless Ridersbane access is a must for a unit in your book.

Weren't combined reclass tables discussed earlier though? he could make a neat DK with his axe rank if that was allowed.

Edited by Irysa

catria: doesn't need a nerf; she's good in H3 but really isn't that special. if you nerfed her at all, she would be approaching unusable.

I'm going to shamelessly second this. Also I may have bias towards these two characters.

Barst, probably -1 or 2 base Str and Spd. He's like ultamiteli pwning everyone since chapter 2 and still pwns a lot of others for quite some chapters after that.

Catria, well I guess she could be as she is now.

Maniac and Lunatic is where the bad characters become unviable, so yes. So, what do you all agree to with Catria? Barst seems to be fine but it's been mentioned the other axers have their issues, which we'll get to soon. Catria, as dondon mentioned, is in a weird spot where if you nerf her, she becomes unviable. But she IS the second best combat character and an absurd growth Falcoknight, so I'm not completely convinced that she's fine as is.

Edited by PKL

Nerf Catria's base DEF and her support list. If you nerf her offense she sucks but Cav!Catria with DEF shards is way too durable.

p9f1.png

That is a boss. On a gate. Gates are like forts but better. SM!Catria is actually a dodge tank in a game where dodge tanks are not supposed to exist. Seriously, nerf that support list.

Edited by commonguard

No, i didn't forget.

I've just been thinking on how we can do this better. What I came up with, is this:

We discuss a group of characters for an indeterminate amount of time (until we all agree on their buffs/nerfs/changes to the game) then we will have a poll while we discuss the next set of characters for an indeterminate amount of time until we're done. Do you guys like this idea? Here's an example if I didn't make myself clear:

Group 1:

Shadow Dragon Marth

Barst

Bord

Cord

Ogma

Darros

Castor

Navarre

Lena

Julian

we discuss all of them until we're done suggesting changes and stuff. The suggested changes will be put up in a poll. Then we vote for the change we think is best and the change will be reflected on the google doc. The first discussion should be (IMO):

Gameplay changes

Things like Archers having 6 move, their class base spd being 6 or other changes like that.

My first suggestion:

Warp warped out of the game. Discuss.

Keep warp. Make unit who is warped have their turn ended (may be too extreme, maybe can't attack but can still talk/visit/move around)

Don't forget to suggest other gameplay changes in your posts too!

Espinosa- that...would be rather trollish.

Irysa- hmm, it would probably still be abusable but not as much. Maybe require some thought even. I kinda like it actually. Although you could still technically warpskip some maps. Warp Caeda->Bosskill in EP->Warp Marth->Seize next turn

Elieson- the best suggestion :P

EDIT: Shinpichu- It still does ridiculous stuff in the GBA games, you just need a mag stat. Making it come later is a thing though.

Edited by PKL

Limiting warp range to mag/2 actually makes a world of difference, as you're now forced to fight all those enemies even if 100% recruitment isn't one of the goals of the run, and yet it's still warp and therefore tactically important for LTCing. Also, Lena reaches 12 magic at level 20/12 on average, so you're pretty much limited to 5-range warps which cannot break the game in any imaginable universe.