What's the worst map in all of Fire Emblem?

PKL

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like complaining about FE6 in every thread? <_<

Can't really blame me for not liking it. In fact, there are things I dislike about every FE game I've played, but FE6 in particular has more that I hate about it than any other game, and the maps figure quite a bit into that.

Back on topic, other maps I dislike are chapters 1-E, 2-1, 3-10 and 4-4 in RD, chapter 13 in SD, and chapter 8 in FE9.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Oh yeah the Mermel Caves. Man that level is coming straight from a hentai movie or something.

By worst map I'd probably pick maps that bore me enough that I almost don't feel like going through them, so something like FE4 Chapter 7 or FE5 Chapter 11 would fit the bill. As far as frustration goes, I do remember quite well I hated Awakening's Chapter 18 a lot despite me usually liking volcanic levels. Design was way too simplistic (to be fair, most of the game is) and losing chests due to lava was just not fun.

Edited by Woodshooter

I've noticed quite a few FE10 3-9s.

Up to the point of your post, only one person has said 3-9...

That map is so easy though

Difficulty is subjective. Thus, what is easy for one person may be considered hard for another.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

FE9 chapter 17, all four parts

the series is hardly a stranger to bland and mediocre maps of course, but god damn taking a visually and structurally bland map concept and stretching it out for what four parts was just

why

why would you do such a thing

the series is hardly a stranger to bland and mediocre maps of course, but god damn taking a visually and structurally bland map concept and stretching it out for what four parts was just

why

actually i may have to agree with this over 23/24

that chapter is so awful it's euuurgh

just a perfect example of how varied victory conditions don't mean a good map

fe6 maps, hard as they may be, arent actually that long with miledy/percival/peggies usage.

granted, roy has to keep up, but you can have somebody on rescue duty for that

I'll admit, that's precisely what makes me hate them so much. It doesn't help that all the gaidens after Armads have some stupid gimmick that makes them annoying.

Edited by Levant Fortner

why

Some of the ideas in that map, like being able to call in reinforcements, Ike perma rescuing Leanne during part 3, are sort of cool but yeah overall those maps are really bland. 17-4 isn't too bad though, you can do some neat things there. Ultimately I think they wanted to make this big ordeal thing before Ike gets promoted but it doesn't achieve it too well.

Edited by Irysa

Hmm I'll go against the grain and say FE10 3-7. It's a long defense map where the enemies don't come at you in significant numbers so...really hard to lose and just kinda boring. There are a number of defense mapsin the series that don't have early win conditions/enough challenge to actually pressure you and they're just tedious.

Hmm I'll go against the grain and say FE10 3-7. It's a long defense map where the enemies don't come at you in significant numbers so...really hard to lose and just kinda boring. There are a number of defense mapsin the series that don't have early win conditions/enough challenge to actually pressure you and they're just tedious.

I like how you can stop reinforcements in Denning's chapter on the first turn and then spend 15 turns or whatever doing dickall

It's also great how most of the enemies are using weapons worse than Iron-quality, and almost none of them break 13 AS except a Swordmaster and Denning (18AS) in a supposedly late-game chapter. You even get fifteen units to deal with this 'onslaught'.

uh i remember someone dying in that chapter to a general

the enemies are using some pretty good weapons. too bad there's no point to that map. i'd think that just about every defense map in existence is a suitable candidate for worst map in all of fire emblem.

i'd think that just about every defense map in existence is a suitable candidate for worst map in all of fire emblem.

WHAT NO

FE5 Ch14 and FE10 3-13 are among the best maps ever in the series.

WHAT NO

FE5 Ch14 and FE10 3-13 are among the best maps ever in the series.

i should amend that to say strictly defense map

though that still leaves FE5 chapter 14, but i had a much greater appreciation for that map before i figured out the really simple trick to trivializing it.

wait what

Sol + Vantage

If you played it in super turtle mode, Pahn can be 20/20 while holding(at least) Neir, Baldo, Hezul, and Sety

Granted in LTC Pahn is only like 05.40

EDIT: As Wood said, i meant he is soloing one side. Should have posted that

Edited by JSND