What's the worst map in all of Fire Emblem?

PKL

Like the title asks, what (in your opinion) is the worst map design ever in FE? What about the most frustrating?

IMO, the worst map in all of Fire Emblem has to be FE10's Part 2 Chapter 1. It's all luck-based, down to even the enemies moving to attack or not. It's also the map I've been most frustrated in all of FE.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any desert map.

Ever.

In fact I am currently procrastinating so hard about continuing my H5 Playlog or FE6 no HM char log because of fucking deserts. I hate deserts. FUCK.

I want an FE game with no deserts. I have to go play Pokemon until I can muster up the effort to do one of those two...

Edited by Irysa

FE6's desert sucks forever.

It's not the worst map ever, but I don't like Fe8's desert because there's too much going on there for me to beat it quickly.

I find desert maps kinda relaxing. I'm weird or maybe I just use too many pegasi. :P Dondon, why is Chapter 16 FE6 frustrating? Is it because of how many people you gotta recruit and all the side objectives it has?

Any desert map.

Ever.

In fact I am currently procrastinating so hard about continuing my H5 Playlog or FE6 no HM char log because of fucking deserts. I hate deserts. FUCK.

I want an FE game with no deserts. I have to go play Pokemon until I can muster up the effort to do one of those two...

Don't fear FE11's desert map. It's among the easiest desert maps in FE.

I find desert maps kinda relaxing. I'm weird or maybe I just use too many pegasi. :P Dondon, why is Chapter 16 FE6 frustrating? Is it because of how many people you gotta recruit and all the side objectives it has?

i'm copping out a little bit by recruiting cass and not using warp at all, but it's a nightmare to plan because:

1. you have a warp staff, and you want to use it

2. you have to either recruit hugh (with roy) or steal his member card (with thief)

3. you have to steal narcian's delphi shield (with thief) and make sure that the thief isn't murdered

4. you have to recruit zeiss (with miledy) and break down the 100 HP wall beforehand (generally with a brave bow user)

5. you might want to get the rescue staff

6. you have to seize the throne with roy

too fucking hard to plan around. and i guess there's also douglas to worry about too.

the only bad part about FE6 chapter 14 is the bishop with a sleep staff.

Edited by dondon151

For the longest time, I always dreaded playing Chapter 26x/28x in Blazing Sword. I was dedicated to recruiting Jaffar when I first learned that you could actually get him as a playable character (I think I was 12 at the time ._.), but it would take me at least 30-some odd tries to beat the dang map. Units getting trapped in water and units getting hit with the Berserk Staff always did me in, and most of the few times I actually GOT to Sonia, she'd kill one of my better units with a lucky-as-HELL critical with Fimbulvetr. Just...holy crap. O_O

Edited by Karaszure

Four Fanged Offense Lloyd Version just can fuck right off.

Battle Before Dawn is ass on a cracker.

That freaking FoW Desert level in FE6 can die in all the fires ever.

In all of Fire Emblem, Chapter 2 has to be the worst

Because FE11, FE12, AND FE13 has Chapter 2 as their worst map, in a row

Yeah Chapter 2 of FE13 in L and above. Unless you have like 12 Speed Frederick, and 10 Speed Chrom there is no way to beat this map at 100% reliability

FE12 Chapter 2 is all sorts of frustating >_>

FE11 Chapter 2 is the hardest chapter ever

Edited by JSND

Yeah Chapter 2 of FE13 in L and above. Unless you have like 12 Speed Frederick, and 10 Speed Chrom there is no way to beat this map at 100% reliability

It's also possible to beat it 100% reliably (or really close) if the MU has at least 15 defense.

With 12 speed (along with the DEF), which is also very reasonable if you used the water trick, it actually becomes easy.

But you don't use the MU, right?

Edited by Nobody