Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

Kay's interactions aren't bad that I can see right now but I have a big issue with her right now because of my role. /** Yes, and the EXACT same thing as before, but it shouldn't be so because Kay targeted Paperblade. **/ It also pings me that Kay didn't say that she would transfer an item to Paperblade but didn't mention it would take two nights until one of those nights had already happened, and then a driver wrecked the plan and left the communicator as dead weight with Rocker. BBM & company can decide how much of this to act on but based on what I know I think Kay is scum.

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL OF THIS?

##VOTE: STREGE

PRIMS SAID THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MY VOTES.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Vote: Kevin

His motivation seems to have dropped immediately, indicating to me that he's scum who knows he was caught.

I agree with this.

>Proves claim of Town Crier

>Still called scummy

I don't know if this is scummy or just stubborn.

You're role could be useful for Scum. For instance use the anon-account to get pressure off pre-claiming. Your role also seems really weak compared to other roles in this setup

nvm, ninja'd

And blame NekoRex for the whole "I only have an anonymafia account and nothing else" role.

lol. more like blame Prims. Seeing the other roles something that weak just doesn't seem likely (if BBM or Paper disagree they should speak up because Idk as much as them) which leads me to believe your hiding something.

lol. more like blame Prims. Seeing the other roles something that weak just doesn't seem likely (if BBM or Paper disagree they should speak up because Idk as much as them) which leads me to believe your hiding something.

No, that's literally all I can do.

2126 7037 6158 91 469 5558 469 4202 1770 410 2107 1428 469 5436 5436 133 469 4049 1504 4049 1770 1145 3124 469 6158 4161 3124 1973 6158 4221 4221 6940 469 3124 7037 4221 4221 469 4698 6158 6940 469 3124 410 469 3124 4898 6158 1770 5996 6276 7037 4898 469 3124 91 7037 469 1504 3124 7037 1668 469 6276 410 4898 469 5996 410 1668 7037 469 4898 7037 6158 5996 410 1770 6498

Kay's not lying about her claimed role. There might be more to it, but everything she's said about what she has claimed is true, including the exact mechanics of it. And she did try to target Paper, as well. Honestly I think she's town because there's no way other than a 1-shot JoaT item swap that we have to transfer items, even if it's super gimmicky.

Poly, okay, you've proved your role. Do you have any actual reads though? I don't like how you expected Kay to just drop the vote on you after proving your role.

Aside from what I had before, nothing new. I'm gonna go through a couple ISOs to check on some people, but as it stands, I've already told you all the reads I had.

I don't really remember you giving many reads. You said you'd go read some ISOs and then I don't think you ever came back? I forgot to take logs but at most you might have said you found Strege a little suspicious (although that might have been Kirsche).

The odds of the doctor having blocked the kill are decent enough that lynching Kirsche just based off the fact that he was hooked is probably not a good idea. And I haven't really found any of his in-thread actions bad since super ED1. Also I think that if he were scum he would have sacced himself and just stayed in the chatroom the whole time and refused to get out, or not bothered showing up at all, but he came and was amenable so meh.

@eclipse: Which part? The part in the /** comment field **/ is supposed to be vague and the rest I was reminded of when I checked Kay's ISO sometime during the last two nights. A significant element of this pertains to my role so I want confirmation from BBM/PB that I'm not totally off-base about what's going on in Role-Land before I expand any further.

Kay is at least right that Poly's sparse activity shouldn't really sway me, though. Poly whoisscum?

PEDIT: @BBM: My problem isn't with Kay's role being proven (because I don't think that helps her case, barring modspec in a Prims game). I have an issue with the thing being the SAME, but I guess you knew that then? Eh, I guess I'll drop that point. Kay is still scummy but I like the kirsche wagon for more than the role reasons that have been cited:

##Unvote: Kay

##Vote: kirsche

Onward! (to sleep)

Alright, ISO'd everyone left alive but BBM/Paper/Bearclaw. Thoughts:

Bluedoom: Jumped on the dayvig of Objection, then vanished for, like, four days and has made only two posts since the 27th. The lack of content since the dayvig kinda pisses me off (though I suppose I'm not one to talk), and the quickvig bugs me more. I think he's a possible mafia gunner who has limited shots.

Eclipse: Nothing really jumps out at me from her. Not much new from when I ISO'd her last time.

Rein: Hopped on the j00 wagon pretty quick, but that may have just been jumping on an obvious lynch. Not reading scum on him still.

Kay: Riding me all game (well, since I subbed in, anyway) for some reason. I feel like it's just going after a newbie thinking I'm noob!scum, but this could be gunning for a mislynch.

Kirsche: I'll get into him in a bit.

Rocker: Vanished after October 26th. Obviously lacks content and I feel like that's intentional, especially if he has insomnia. Probably scum insomniac.

Shinori: Easily provable role, and I'm not seeing anything super scummy from him. Not sure where the idea that he may be scummy comes from.

Strege: Alright. I think I mentioned this before, but I noticed Strege targeting Kirsche a fair bit on the first two days. Then he kinda stopped until after Kirsche mayor-hammered Grass, where he noted sketchiness. I feel like one of the two is scum, and I'm inclined to believe it's Kirsche because I feel like in a setup like this, where any role seems fair game for either side, scum would want to try and grab as many power roles as possible, and running Mayor & Godfather would help them tip the scales in their favour.

Elie: After the confirmed townies (BBM/Paper/Bear), easiest townread for me IMO. His scumhunting has been solid and steady without feeling forced, and the logic behind his reads has been good.

Town

BBM

Paper

Bear

Elie

Eclipse

Shinori

Rein

Null

Kay

Scum

Kirsche

Bluedoom

Rocker

IMO, of the scum/null reads I'd go Kirsche > Bluedoom > Rocker (inactive scum does very little) > Kay in terms of lynch priority.

##Parasol-fu: kirsche

Rocker asked for a sub. I think he's getting one tomorrow or something. Either way, how the hell did you get Insomniac from him being inactive? And why does him being inactive mean he has to be inactive scum? He could just town uninterested in the game.

Also you know that while the name of the game is Choose You're Own Role, people didn't actually get to choose their own role right? They picked a character, and then Prims assigned a role for them off that. Or everyone in the town would have been like DEATHPROOF QUESTION ASKER PLEASE. So the mafia couldn't have purposefully grabbed GF + Mayor. And if you think the mafia would try to pick good roles then what's your explanation for them picking Insomniac, if you think that's what Rocker is?

Rocker asked for a sub. I think he's getting one tomorrow or something. Either way, how the hell did you get Insomniac from him being inactive? And why does him being inactive mean he has to be inactive scum? He could just town uninterested in the game.

Reading his ISO, the very first post he made had him asking what an insomniac role was. I went with this to add a bit more context to his posts, which weren't very useful.

If he's getting a sub, then I suppose I'll hold off until he gets it.

And if you think the mafia would try to pick good roles then what's your explanation for them picking Insomniac, if you think that's what Rocker is?

To try and give themselves someone to sway night actions to via posting reads and info for people who trust them? I feel like that's the most obvious thing that scum would use an Insomniac.

@eclipse: Which part? The part in the /** comment field **/ is supposed to be vague and the rest I was reminded of when I checked Kay's ISO sometime during the last two nights. A significant element of this pertains to my role so I want confirmation from BBM/PB that I'm not totally off-base about what's going on in Role-Land before I expand any further.

I DO NOT REMEMBER THE DRIVER CLAIMING THEIR TARGET IN THE THREAD. HOWEVER, SOMETHING ELSE OCCURRED TO ME, WHICH MEANS THAT THERE'S A POSSIBILITY THAT YOU'RE JUST ABSENT-MINDED.

AFTER REREADING A BIT, I DON'T LIKE ANYONE'S VOTE ON KIRSCHE. THE LAST THING HE POSTED WAS A HAMMER, AND HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO COMMENT ON HIS OWN CASE ON D4, WHICH IS WHY I THINK KAY'S VOTE MAKES VERY LITTLE SENSE. STREGE IS ON KIRSCHE BECAUSE OF AN ASSOCIATIVE READ (AND NEVER MIND FOR HOW LONG IN THE PAST DAY PHASES), AND POLY'S VOTE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE JUSTIFICATION AFTER HIS SUPPOSED ISO READ. RIGHT NOW, POLY'S VOTE BOTHERS ME THE MOST. MY GOSH, THE SCREEN BACKGROUND LOOKS PINK.

##UNVOTE

##VOTE: POLYDEUCES

Reading his ISO, the very first post he made had him asking what an insomniac role was. I went with this to add a bit more context to his posts, which weren't very useful.

If he's getting a sub, then I suppose I'll hold off until he gets it.

To try and give themselves someone to sway night actions to via posting reads and info for people who trust them? I feel like that's the most obvious thing that scum would use an Insomniac.

Okay but now that you know that roles weren't actually chosen do you still find Kirsche scummy?

I think the risk of him being scummy is lower, but I was suspicious of him for a little while after reading both his & Strege's ISOs before when I tried giving you my reads a few days back..

>Proves claim of Town Crier

>Still called scummy

You proved your role, not your alignment. Your behavior is the scummy thing, the unproven role was the cherry on the icing on the cake.

Trust me, I'd probably be a lot jumpier if I were scum. And besides, Mafia Crier sounds stupid and would serve zero purpose.

Self-meta is bad and you should feel bad. Plus, you proved that part of your role, we don't know that there isn't a second part.

Aside from what I had before, nothing new. I'm gonna go through a couple ISOs to check on some people, but as it stands, I've already told you all the reads I had.

You didn't have a single properly-explained read before now.

People are making some good points about Kevin. I'll unvote him, but Clipsey, I'm not certain his hammer was that townish. IIRC it was pretty early and someone else was likely to hammer if he didn't, so it got rid of the chance that people could start talking again that phase, and messed with timing. More convinced by BBM's statement about a doc save being likely.

I think Strege shouldn't be pressured into saying things that are best not said publicly, if I'm not totally off-base about what he's implying.

##Unvote (Kevin)

##Vote: Polydeuces

(Don't take this the wrong way, even a meh listpost helps a fair amount imo, but it's like, adding +50 towncred points to your score of -1000)

kirsche then went from obstinately not voting Grassbridger to mayor-hammering him.

I didn't want to vote him because I wanted to see if you'd try and push rein, and if I had voted GB you would almost definitely want to, or at least act like you wanted to, hammer him.

I'm pretty sure I made a post saying "GB is probably scum then", my read on him didn't appear out of lack of option.

Kay's interactions aren't bad that I can see right now but I have a big issue with her right now because of my role

"Guys Kay's scum because of my role"

*eclipse votes him*

"err hang on maybe I'm wrong about that."

;/

Kay is guilty of this as well. "People have made some good point about Kevin" - all that was said was that the possibility of a doc save was real and eclipse pointing out that I didn't get a chance to post D4 (which is true, I was sleeping). In your vote post you didn't even mention the being hooked thing, so was my vote really just based on the fact that I didn't post D4? If you criticised me for having like 4 different ISOs that I wanted to reread then fair enough but the reasoning presented looks really weak.

Back to Strege, I don't like his association with GB or j00 either. GB at least always had Strege on his list of scum but never actually voted, or really pushed, him at all.

I don't know if this is overdefensive or overdefensive. Your reaction seems pretty steep for the number of votes.

"And how did you get this information"

Is this really worth a vote? What about him saying that his role incriminates someone is scummy? This vote weirds me out because you haven't had a suspicion on Strege and suddenly he's voteworthy.

Did we end up deciding against the whole Kirsche being scum thing again?

What do you think we should do? Why don't you give your opinion on the whole "kirsche being scum" thing before asking others?

STREGE IS ON KIRSCHE BECAUSE OF AN ASSOCIATIVE READ (AND NEVER MIND FOR HOW LONG IN THE PAST DAY PHASES),

Tbf my vote has been parked on him all game, of all things you can't really criticise him for tunneling.

people could start talking again that phase

People weren't going to start talking again in that phase, we have seen countless times that when a lynch is decided that discussion just dies. It shouldn't, but it does, so the best thing is to just move on as quickly as possible before this game drags out for too long and people DO start to lose their motivation. This is why j00 was quicklynched as well.

Can't really defend/attack Poly's vote until he expands on it because atm all I see is "I don't like his interactions with Strege". Which is cool but he should give examples.