Top Posters In This Topic

So many from Final Fantasy Tactics...

Ramza Beoulve

"Names don't matter. What's important is how you live your life."

"Surrender or die in obscurity!"

"If only you had lived an honest life, you wouldn't have died in obscurity."

"There's no 'justice' in using and deceiving people!"

"Change the world? You think anyone really can? I'm not that reckless!!"

"Beoulves must not fight for a defunct royal family, but only for noble rights!"

"You started this war! Was that the will of God?"

"I've taken my whole life for granted. When it came down to it, I dropped it all and ran."

"If you need someone else to fulfill your dreams, it loses it's value, wouldn't you agree?"

"Your actions have meaning only if they hold true to your ideals."

"You don't know the truth. You don't realize you're just pathetic puppets, dancing for the bad guys!"

"A real human being? Don't make me laugh!! How valuable is a 'freedom' you didn't earn yourself? The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost!! You lost your freedom when you lost your pride and confidence!! 'Equality's' not something you're given. It's something you fight for! Any 'freedom' gotten from Lucavi isn't true freedom!"

Delita Heiral

"Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God."

"Me and you are caught up in the same flow...I'm just going against it."

"The best ways, don't always lead to the best results."

"Only those close to the top are rewarded without trying. It's the way of the world."

"Most people have to act the roles given to them. Then again, most of them haven't even noticed they're acting."

"I won't be used. I'll be the one using! Those who used me must pay for what they've done!"

"Disrupt the "order"? This "order" you talk about is just a matter of your own convienence!! Using "God" as an "order" to control the people is absurd. You have no right to take advantage of the innocent."

"A 'heretic' coming to church... pretty bold..."

"Ramza... What did you get? I..."

Alazlam Durai

"But we also know that what we see with our eyes alone isn't necessarily the truth."

Balbanes Beoulve

"Never shame your name... never tolerate injustice... living true to your heart is the warrior's way... the Beoulve way."

Gaffgarion

"Unless you make it to the top you're just going to get used, so you're better off dead!"

"Betraying you? C'mon, this is business!"

"I don't know what's going on, but it's in the contract!"

Gustav Margueriff

"Your revolution can never succeed! What we need is food and a place to sleep, not ideas!"

Miluda Folles

"Ignorance itself is a crime!"

"What you think is right is only what you can see. But, that's not everything."

Wiegraf Folles

""God" is an image created out of man's insecurities."

"A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave."

"You'll never know the feeling of the 'Meager'. You may think you know it, but you've never lived it!"

""Reality" is far harsher than you can possibly imagine!"

"Two lions are fighting for power after the king dies... Both want to know who their allies are. But, it's hard to read strangers' minds. So, why not kill 'em all and bring in your own people?"

"Governments falsify history only so it favours them. But you can't blame them. Because people always hope for a 'miracle'. Endlessly complaining, lazy, nuisances... that's what the masses really are. Governments give the people what they want... and history repeats itself. Governments might well have taken advantage of their insecurity... but then again, people are satisfied being used... 'God' is nothing but an image created out of their insecurity. It's their fault for knowing they're comfortably numb, and not doing anything about it."

"You don't understand how hard it is to fulfill your ideals. Even if your ideals are great, they're just dreams if you can't fulfill them! So how can you fulfill them? You need power! That's the politics of the world! I can see it clearly now! You can't fulfill your dreams without power! You say I'm a dog of the church! Go ahead!! I don't care. You can all despise me, but I'll be laughing at the end! You'll all submit to me!"

Cidolfas Orlandu/T.G. Cid: "Pledging life-long loyalty, that's the Orlandu way."

Dycedarg Beoulve: "'Justice'? I'm embarrassed to think you even said that! You think such pretty ideals can govern the people!? Why are you able to use that sword? Why do you think the people call you a hero? It's all because of me!! Because I dirtied my hands you're here! You should be thanking me, not despising me!!"

Cidolfas Orlandu: "Our nation exists because of the people! We exist because of them."

Cardinal Draclau: "Ha ha ha... You're the one holding the stone. You can change not only the world, but the truth of everything with it's power."

Bandit Boss: "We're no bounty hunters, but what the Hell... let's kill him for the gil!"

And that's not all!

Miluda Folles: Who do you think we are!? We're not animals! We're human, just like you! There's no difference other than our families! You ever been hungry? With only soup to eat for months? Why do we have to suffer? Because you nobles deprive us of our right to live!

Algus Sadalfas: Human? Hmph, ridiculous! From the minute you were born you had to obey us! From the second you were born you were our animals!

Miluda Folles: Says who!? That's nonsense! Who decided all this?!

Algus Sadalfas: It is the Will of Heaven!

Miluda Folles: Heaven? God would never say such things! In his eyes, all are equal! He'd never let this happen! Never!

Algus Sadalfas: Animals have no God!

Miluda Folles: !!!

It's just like hrnghhhhhhh, I love the FFT script as a whole. I wish there was a fully voice acted version or something...Like with Ramza, how many good guys actually tell people that they're pathetic puppets? And he manages to spout pretty inspirational stuff regardless of any first impressions one would get from "Surrender or die in obscurity!", imagine that! And then Delita, and the rest of the cast, it's like wow. So good. I love that game.

"You don't need a reason to help people" - Zidane, FF9

You got it right

Zidane_Tribal_art.jpg

That one's always stuck with me as well. Also, Tidus in the final battle saying "I know this is selfish...but this is MY story!"

I guess my biggest ones would be from Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and Chrono Cross. Final Fantasy VII's death scene with Aeris always got me:

Cloud

"......Aeris.

This can't be real!"

Sephiroth

"Do not worry. Soon the girl will become part of the planet's energy.

All that's left is to go north. The Promised Land waits for me over the snowy fields.

There, I will become a new being by uniting with the planet. As will this girl..."

Cloud

"...Shut up.

The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean a thing.

Aeris is gone.

Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry......or get angry......

What about us...what are WE supposed to do?

What about my pain?

My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!"

Chrono Cross's opening words, the first half of Kid's letter, are also very memorable:

What was the start of all this?

When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,

From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty back then,

We loved so many, yet hated so much,

We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,

Whilst our laughter echoed,

Under the cerulean skies...

I love the entire Morpheus conversation in Deus Ex.

Morpheus: JC Denton. 23 years old. No residence. No ancestors. No employer. No –
JC Denton: How do you know who I am?
Morpheus: I must greet each visitor with a complete summary of his file. I am a prototype for a much larger system.
JC Denton: What else do you know about me?
Morpheus: Everything that can be known.
JC Denton: Go on. Do you have proof about my ancestors?
Morpheus: You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals.
JC Denton: I'm engineered. So what? My brother and I suspected as much while we were growing up.n
Morpheus: You are carefully watched by many people. The unplanned organism is a question asked by Nature and answered by death. You are another kind of question with another kind of answer.
JC Denton: Are you programmed to invent riddles?
Morpheus: I am a prototype for a much larger system. The heuristics language developed by Dr. Everett allows me to convey the highest and most succint tier of any pyramidal construct of knowledge.
JC Denton: How about a report on yourself?
Morpheus: I was a prototype for Echelon IV. My instructions are to amuse visitors with information about themselves.
JC Denton: I don't see anything amusing about spying on people.
Morpheus: Human beings feel pleasure when they are watched. I have recorded their smiles as I tell them who they are.
JC Denton: Some people just don't understand the dangers of indiscriminate surveillance.
Morpheus: The need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by God. Now we can implement the same functionality with data-mining algorithms.
JC Denton: Electronic surveillance hardly inspires reverence. Perhaps fear and obedience, but not reverence.
Morpheus: God and the gods were apparitions of observation, judgement and punishment. Other sentiments towards them were secondary.
JC Denton: No one will ever worship a software entity peering at them through a camera.
Morpheus: The human organism always worships. First, it was the gods, then it was fame (the observation and judgement of others), next it will be self-aware systems you have built to realize truly omnipresent observation and judgment.
JC Denton: You underestimate humankind's love of freedom.
Morpheus: The individual desires judgment. Without that desire, the cohesion of groups is impossible, and so is civilization.

Morpheus: The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning.
Morpheus: God was a dream of good government.
Morpheus: You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.

Speaking of Denton...

JC Denton: “What a shame… He was a good man… What a rotten way to die.”

Walton Simons: “You take another step forward and here I am again, like your own reflection repeated in a hall of mirrors.”
JC Denton: “That makes me one ugly son-of-a-bitch.”

"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." -Grimsley, Pokemon Generation 5.

"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!" - Jon Irenicus - Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

"I won't live as long as you have, and I'll never be as powerful. Things like saving the world and fighting goddesses are just beyond me. They're out of my reach. That's why I've always chosen to fight for the smaller things in life and the people close to me. If that means I have to fight you to protect them, then so be it." - Sothe - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

"You...you took my brother and my father! My sword may not even scratch you, but I don't care. This one blow... will contain... all my anger...and all my pain!"

Mist - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

"...Now that I've confronted you and traded words with you, I have come to a decision. Throughout Daein, I, Tauroneo, will be known as the king killer. Come! Let me earn my name!"

Tauroneo - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

"We're not fighting targets. I know the difference. Targets don't squirm on the ground and gurgle in pain. Targets don't make the grass slippery with blood.

I learned that lesson the first time I took a man down. They're fighters, just like us.
But there's a difference. They're trying to hurt the people I love. Anyone that tries that is an enemy of mine. That's why I won't hesitate to feather them. If I let even one of them live, they will do everything they can to kill one of our own. I... I'm afraid of that. I won't stop spilling blood until it's over." - Rolf, an Archer in "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance"

"Die! With magnificence!" - Virion, an Archer in "Fire Emblem: Awakening"

"I have taught you to feel the Force again, shown you the contrast, and yet still you do not understand!

This is what you have wrought: countless murderers, slayers, assassins, born of war that has, as always, taught the wrong lesson.

You showed them life without the Force — and instead of showing them truth, power, all you showed them was how the galaxy may die. You are responsible for all of this.

Rven now, events spiral towards destruction, and there is nothing that can be done because you refuse to listen, to understand! You have seen the effects you have on those close to you, heard the echoes scream across dead planets, and watched as your strength has grown, yet it is for nothing. To have the Jedi Council brought low by such a failure, there is no victory in that.

You have not heard a thing I have taught, and for all I have said, you have never learned to listen.
Stay here and die, apprentice, among the wreckage of all that remains of the Jedi. It is a fitting grave, until the Sith come to end you... to end everything. And as you lie here, I pray that you will listen... and finally awaken." - Kreia - Knights of the old Republic: The Sith Lords

"You shot my banjo!" - Edward Van Helgen - Curse of Monkey Island

"Thank you. I prepared it myself." - Nadia - Command & Conquer: Red Alert

"My goddess... Never before have I defied you in even the least thing. But I have seen the error of my ways and wish to save the people whom I once desired to destroy.

I am one man, and my life is precious. How much more precious are the lives of the countless multitudes?" - Lehran, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

"People of Crimea... Behold a true queen! YOUR queen! Long live Queen Elincia!" - Lucia, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" - CHARNAME - Baldur's Gate

Edited by BrightBow

"I tried the butcher command in the arena, and the necromancer managed to raise both a skeleton and a walking hollow skin... which I suppose I'll keep since it makes about as much sense as a walking skeleton. So... keep the necromancer away from your raw skin stockpiles, he he he."

-Tarn Adams, a.k.a. ToadyOne

Edited by Verdant Shade

Another one i remembered:

Dude Chillin' Under The Tree In Kakariko Village in Ocarina of Time (at night)

"People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting too."

"They call me Gato, I have metal joints. Beat me up and win 15 Silver Points."

Gato, Chrono Trigger

SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERED GATO

I'll probably butcher this, but...

"I lost, you won, here's your silver points~

Now wasn't that fun?!~" -Gato, from Chrono Trigger.

ocarina of time honestly has a lot of good quotes (especially sheik) but this one stood out the most to me

"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."

sure its heavily based on the game but playing it now compared to when I first did when I was a kid actually kind of neat

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time has the best quotes.

Prince: Most people think Time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction but I have seen the face of time and can tell you they are wrong. Time is like an ocean in a storm, you may wonder who I am and why I say this ,sit down and I will tell you a tale like none that you have ever heard.

Prince: Where the promise of Honor and Glory tempted my father to a grievance hell, do you think I felt regret as I gazed upon the destruction we had brought or at least humility of the speed of which a world can be transformed from a good world into a hell? If you think that, you are mistaken. From that moment I thought of one thing only, the honor and glory I would bring my father, by fighting like a warrior in my first battle.

Prince: Never trust a man who betrays his master, or take him into your service, lest he betray you as well.

Prince: [to himself] "I'll just ask the first sand creature I meet, 'Could you direct me to the baths, please?' 'Well, thank you.' 'Don't mention it - I used to be a bath attendant back when I was alive.' [falsetto] 'I'll meet you at the baths.' [indignant] She orders me around as if I were a servant!"

Prince: Bravely I have fought and slain my enemies; honour and glory were mine. But though I fight until the desert sands themselves were red with blood, I could not bring back the dead.

Might as well contribute to this.

"I've never seen humans as anything else but a drink." - Flandre Scarlet, Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

Reimu: "This is going to be a long night."

Remilia: "This is going to be a fun night."

- Reimu Hakurei & Remilia Scarlet (simultaneously), Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

"Now, sleep with this trauma that will leave you sleepless!" - Satori Komeiji, Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism

"I'm the strongest!" - Cirno, Touhou Kaeidzuka ~ Phantasmagoria of Flower View

"Kupo!" - A Moguri, a lot of Final Fantasy Games (and Kingdom Hearts, as well)

"My friends, they are my power!" - Sora, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

I can't remember anymore quotes right now. Might update this if I can get more.

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, it is morphing time!!" - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

"WRAOOO!" - Feral Chaos, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

I have many many quotes to bring up buuuuuuuuuut lets start this

"I never cared about justice, and I don't ever recall calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears before me, I will destroy it!" - Zero Megaman Zero 4

"You can’t go forward if you keep looking back" - Luke Fon Fabre Tales of the Abyss

"Hey, that's Cloud's line! '...It's too dangerous, I can't get you involved...' Blah blah blah." - Aerith Final Fantasy 7 :P

Some Bravely Default quotes

Chapter 2 Sidequest :

Merchant : What ? Who are you ?

Ringabel's girlfriend ?

Edea : First I'm going to retch, then I'm going to pummel you !

Yulyana : Now, tell me, why have you two come again ?

Tiz : I wanted to be alone with Agnes

Agnes : What ?

Yulyana : Oh ho, You little devil, you !

Tiz : Oh, no ! I didn't mean it like that ! At least not the way I think you're thinking !

Yulyana : Tiz, was it ? I thought you were a lost cause, but it seems you've some fire inside you !

Look, she's blushing.

Put the girl out of her misery with a big kiss on the lips !

And later...

Ringabel : Cryst-fairy or not, you've no right to interfere in another's love.

So, Tiz how was it ?

Tiz : Uh.. fine, couldn't have gone better

Ringabel : Heh heh heh, say no more, Tiz.

Edea : No, do say more ! What's going on here !

Airy : Yes, inquiring minds want to know !

Yulyana : Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't ever recall calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears before me, I will destroy it!" - Zero Megaman Zero 4

Megaman itself has a lot of great quotes.

"Fight, Megaman. For everlasting peace" - Dr. Light, Mega Man series

"Every generation has its legend. However, a lost legend should remain lost... Allow me to show you why!" - Phantom, Mega Man Zero

" Zero : You... You must be the pirate copy of X...

Copy X : No... A perfect copy of the original X. The new hero who saved the human race from this wasted world. Didn't you notice...? The humans have found happiness more than ever before... The utopia that humans have searched for is here in Neo Arcadia. This is something that you and the original X could never create... Only I could do this!

Zero : This is a peace that can only be achieved by retiring uncountable numbers of innocent Reploids... This is not what anyone wanted! This place is just a joke!

Copy X : Ha ha ha. You are so funny... It's been fun... Now, let's get down to business!" - Again, Mega Man Zero

"Rest for a while. I will handle it, you can count on me. I won't stop! When an enemy appears... I'll terminate it..." - Zero, Mega Man Zero.

"You are scum, and talking to you is a waste!" -Keisuke Takagi, Devil Survivor.

"I really want to go up there, face God, and beat his punk-ass down!" -Tadashi Nikaido, Devil Survivor.

"Objection! That is... Objectionable!" -Miles Edgeworth.

(I got them all wrong, I know)