Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's going to be a slight delay right now because I'm calculating everybody's support bonuses (makes it go much faster when done though). Refa and SB did me a favour by doing the work on their own yesterday (should be done soon enough anyway so no worries).

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

mczu.pnghhml.pngh12z.pngppqd.pngvw0j.png

PKL's team

n82d.pngmczu.pngppqd.pngwq5b.pnghhml.png

n82d.pngvs hhml.png

Turn 1.

PKL's Ike (Vague Katti) attacks ZM's Boyd (Killer Axe)!

22 damage 98% hit 31% crit 27% Aether

(91)

(78 25 93)

Boyd receives 22/60 damage!

Boyd counterattacks!

20 damage 22% hit 33% crit no skill

(12 26 54)

Ike receives 20/52 damage!

Ike attacks again!

(88)

(96 18 30)

Critical hit!

Boyd receives 38/60 damage!

Boyd is KO'd!

Stats:

ZM

Marcia 43/43

Boyd 0/60

Kieran 49/49

Rolf 44/44

Mist 38/38

PKL

Ike 32/52

Marcia 43/43

Rolf 44/44

Oscar 49/49

Boyd 60/60

ZM acts next.

Edited by Espinosa

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

PKL's team

ppqd.png vs n82d.png

Turn 2.

ZM's Rolf (Killer Bow) attacks PKL's Ike (Vague Katti)!

11 damage 60% hit 39% crit 13% Deadeye

Rolf activates Deadeye! 60% hit -> 100% hit

(47 73 47 7)

Ike receives 11/52 damage!

Ike is asleep! He loses his avoid and can no longer attack.

Both sides survive the fight

Stats:

ZM

Marcia 43/43

Boyd 0/60

Kieran 49/49

Rolf 44/44

Mist 38/38

PKL

Ike 21/52^

Marcia 43/43

Rolf 44/44

Oscar 49/49

Boyd 60/60

PKL acts next.

Edited by Espinosa

I wouldn't throw statboosters/extra skills onto people to keep units different for reasons other than supports (masteries aside, I guess).

i don't agree with this because without at least the speedwings available, SMs are quite dominant. they double a lot of units. all of the guys with 25-26 spd are at huge risk of getting instakilled and some of the guys with 24 spd also get destroyed by falcos and ike.

needless to say i would be using a totally different team if stat boosters were disallowed because i wouldn't even touch 26 spd largo. if he goes up against an enemy SM, he's pretty much dead.

also espinosa you can totally be doing more than one match at a time

one thing you can do beforehand is to generate a long list of RNs and just use those instead of generating new ones every time, kind of like in the GBA games (except neither party will know the RNs beforehand).

to continue with the stat booster argument, there's no harm in having the secret books and ashera icons available, either. honestly i think that stat boosters increase the number of viable units without making anything broken (though we'll see about tauroneo), and they're way easier to work with than band boosts and knight ward levels.

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

PKL's team

wq5b.png vs ppqd.png

Turn 3.

PKL's Oscar (Killer Lance) attacks ZM's Rolf (Killer Bow)!

14 damage 53% hit 44% crit 26% Sol

(77 27 45 89)

Rolf receives 14/44 damage!

Both sides survive the fight.

Stats:

ZM

Marcia 43/43

Boyd 0/60

Kieran 49/49

Rolf 30/44

Mist 38/38

PKL

Ike 21/52^

Marcia 43/43

Rolf 44/44

Oscar 49/49

Boyd 60/60

ZM acts next.

Edited by Espinosa

one thing you can do beforehand is to generate a long list of RNs and just use those instead of generating new ones every time, kind of like in the GBA games (except neither party will know the RNs beforehand).

to continue with the stat booster argument, there's no harm in having the secret books and ashera icons available, either. honestly i think that stat boosters increase the number of viable units without making anything broken (though we'll see about tauroneo), and they're way easier to work with than band boosts and knight ward levels.

I find all the clicking, calculating, typing, HTML and copy n pasting to take the lion's share of the time spent between each input. The RNG generation itself takes a second or two. You're the forum's master of efficiency though, so you could try botting the next game.

Stat boosters definitely make a lot of characters viable, but perhaps it also makes sense to limit the usage of certain stat boosters on units. Items like Goddess Icons and Secret Books barely need the restraint, but Dracoshields, Speedwings and Energy Rings could have some sort of limit per unit (even taking into account the limits in a valid game file). How good units like Largo and Tauroneo will be with boosters only experience can show, but it might be a good assumption that they won't be much better than Ike?

Even with extra skills allowed, Tauroneo could still have a place on teams as one of the two Resolve users (though a customisable Resolve is sure to be pretty damn powerful, especially if combined with another great skill).

edit: Sleep seems to be 5 turns in PoR. I'll count both the turns spent attacking and defending, I think (in contrast to Stun which only matters when moving i.e. initiating attacks).

Edited by Espinosa

Maybe one stat booster of these kinds permitted maximum : Seraph Robe, Energy Drop on physical attackers, Spirit Dust on Sages/Bishops, Speedwings, Dracoshields. For example, Soren can have a Spirit Dust, a Speedwing and a Dracoshield, but not three Dracoshields only.

Everything else can be used as much as you want. Perhaps balanced so that Mist doesn't get all the Goddess Icons for Miracle procs and Skill Books to help her Sol procs.

As for added skills, I'd only add one and consider the base skill a freebie. Resolve/Wrath Nephenee or Tauroneo would exist, but not Resolve/Wrath Largo for example.

My two pennies I guess.

Edited by Woodshooter