Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that Parity is a command in FE10, so it doesnt protect against masteries in EP. Also, most unbalanced meta. We have 40+ spd royals, then 40 spd royals, masteries, snipers with 34 spd, most of the beorc not having enough caps to compete, etc. We have to ban lots of things in FE10.

Royals+Giffca-Kurt will definitely be banned - SSS strike is scary with such caps and we've got no Laguzguards here. The only usable Marksman is Leonardo, whose Lushnasadh gives him 37 AS in the averages meta and 39 AS in max stats; no longer getting doubled.

Vika and Nealuchi still have 46 AS, Hawks - 42, so I don't know what could happen...

Really, it will all be about skills, tide effects with dragons and infinitely flexible supports. Pretty fun.

Why? Tides seem like the one reason to play RD arena...

Any tided unit is OP given: 1) the boosts and 2) the only black dragon is banned. They're so OP that bany dragon pretty much gurantees 4-E-5 to be cleared in 2 turns in drafts. A +5 sp powerful unit will simply own others. I agree with dondon here.

On another note, will innate skills be locked or can they be customized except Nihil? Because if they're kept locked, Resolve and other skills won't be available. And the free skills are pretty shitty. For instance, the list is as follows:

• Beastfoe
  • Renewal
  • Parity
  • Nullify
  • Shade
  • Quickclaw
  • Howl
  • Daunt
  • Adept
  • Imbue
  • Nihil
  • Dragonfoe
  • Birdfoe
  • Pavise
  • Guard

edit: This is excluding dumb skills like Discipline, Paragon and Flourish.

Edited by Quintessence

Why? Tides seem like the one reason to play RD arena...

say that i run nasir and you don't. all of my units can double all of your units. so then you decide that you need to run nasir. now it's a contest of who can kill the other nasir first.

this is centralizing on two levels: everyone needs to run nasir, and everyone needs to attack the opponent's nasir first.

Edited by dondon151

On another note, will innate skills be locked or can they be customized except Nihil? Because if they're kept locked, Resolve and other skills won't be available.

all fliers will also die in one shot to any marksman or reaver.

EDIT: damn it i accidentally double posted. sorry.

Edited by dondon151

I think my crazy idea might be better than playing with FE10 mechanics. How about we just grab those FE10-exclusive units and make an FE9 meta where they exist (with their Tier 2 averages)? That way, theres no masteries and we can still play Micaiah Edward etc! Totes better than playing FE10's brokeness.

I question a couple things. Brom has axe access which generals in 9 don't get. Not sure if weapons had stat changes, but you would need to worry about things like that or Dark tomes for Pelleas or Lehran. Paladins don't get secondary weapons. I'm pretty sure class caps changed. Would Sanaki have access to all magic types or could you consider Light access as her tier 3 promotion since she's basically an Archsage with Light instead of staves? How will Florete work?

I think Calill is the best FE9 sage though, now that Shade is changed. Soren's AS gets killed by sieges and Rexbolt, so he's stuck with 9mt forges for offense. Ilyana is so slow so she eats your Speedwings, as she needs 3 not to get doubled by Giffca. Tormod has the best overall stats, but doesn't bring any innate skills to the table. Calill vs Tormod basically, imo, comes down to Nihil and an Energy Drop vs. a Speedwings.

We could make it so that tides only affect adjacent units, i.e. the two units to the left and right of the dragon.

That said, have a look at the tide wielders:

Unit          HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res  boost

Kurthnaga     74   23   10   12   16   30   20   19  +5 def / res
Ena           68   14   20   15   13   24   16   20  +5 str / skl
Nasir         78    8   25   15    9   22   13   23  +5 mag / spd
Gareth        90   25    5   12    8   26   23   11  +5 str / skl

Nasir is the weakest one defensively with only 26 transformed defence, but 78 HP and Nihil preventing skills from annihilating him.

As for Gareth, he could well qualify for an 'uber' more than anyone else, even disregarding his Tide... 73 atk beats Caineghis's and Giffca's. Ena is much meeker however, and her bonuses are useful. Kurt's bonus is just less useful in general, but he's not bad and can even avoid being doubled from certain units.

On another note, will innate skills be locked or can they be customized except Nihil? Because if they're kept locked, Resolve and other skills won't be available. And the free skills are pretty shitty.

I guess we could indeed allow skills to be passed around freely, maybe with some limitations, perhaps with a limit on one Nihil per team. 4 Nihils does kill the fun in the game, definitely.

I think my crazy idea might be better than playing with FE10 mechanics. How about we just grab those FE10-exclusive units and make an FE9 meta where they exist (with their Tier 2 averages)? That way, theres no masteries and we can still play Micaiah Edward etc! Totes better than playing FE10's brokeness.

It's much simpler to just copy or adapt the FE9 mastery skills to FE10, since they're mostly the same ones anyway. But each mastery skill is basically a rather small chance to proc a powerful crit... Still pretty bad for PvsP.

I think Calill is the best FE9 sage though, now that Shade is changed. Soren's AS gets killed by sieges and Rexbolt, so he's stuck with 9mt forges for offense. Ilyana is so slow so she eats your Speedwings, as she needs 3 not to get doubled by Giffca. Tormod has the best overall stats, but doesn't bring any innate skills to the table. Calill vs Tormod basically, imo, comes down to Nihil and an Energy Drop vs. a Speedwings.

Tormod doesn't have very good supports I guess. Soren can do okay with mostly forges, and Ilyana can do well, supporting good units like Zihark and Gatrie, assuming a very generous Speedwings investment (as well as some into bulk).

4 Player would battle like it would in the GBA arena, as it can support 4 people.

Randomize an order for the players. Each of the four players has a team. The only difference is that the player has 3x as many options as before.