Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Or just ban Nihil...I can guarantee that Nasir would not be nearly as good (still pretty bro, but not OP by any means) without it.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just ban Nihil...I can guarantee that Nasir would not be nearly as good (still pretty bro, but not OP by any means) without it.

But nihil is a valuable strategic element, the problem is ease of abusing it, so logically we must limit it's abuse.

"One Nihil per team" could be a good rule, regardless of innates. Or a proper Nasir nerf, but right now we're not particularly close to determining the best treatment for Nasir / dragons.

Lots of options here, so I'll raise another topic of discussion: what is the most broken thing about Nasir? Single one.

It's pretty much the combination of higher skill points, free Nihil and great base stats, especially on the defensive side.

The free Nihil might be the biggest thing I suppose since you can't Wrath/Resolve it, but a combination of other skills on top of that aren't helping.

Edited by Woodshooter

its definately the innate nihil.

like theoretically you could give ena nihil and still have 25 skill points but that means your only nihil user (unless you use calill) is just sitting around untransformed for a few turns which is problematic if there's a vantage/wrath guy running around or something

i think her speed is worse too, which is actually kind of a big deal.

oh actually all her non hp stats are worse or equal.

Edited by General Horace

I think limiting Nihil to one regardless of Innate is the best move possible. That way custom skills matter again but we keep the strategic element of one Nihil. It's win-win. Perhaps we should also test Nasir with only 1 Nihil per team and evaluate if he needs the ban or not then.

Also, am I alone in thinking Vague Katti needs to go? I am? Ok fine ._.

Edited by PKL

I don't really care honestly. In one of my past games Nasir got OHKOed by a 10% crit, leading me to the conclusion that I'm just not very lucky (which wouldn't change regardless of Vague Katti).

Well, if I'm simply just not very lucky, then you're like Oliver Twist haha. You definitely have me beat there.

The VK is balanced in the sense that both players have one. But it might negatively affect unit balance, so I wouldn't be too opposed to its removal.

Yeah, see, this is the whole reason I want it gone. Wrath can be played around. Brothers can be played around. But Vague Katti is just...there, waiting to hax your lower def units at any point (and turning anyone who wields it into a crit machine). Inviting hax and limiting less than 20 def units is mainly my issue with it.

One year after... Quint appears

1) Shade/Provoke. The rest of the options are gimmicky. Reinforce, Stealing, Corrosion and Staves don't suit well in LA. Consider the following:

• Somebody stallying the opponent with 3 extra units. Mediocre or not, they're 3 extra units that might determine the course of the battle, so not having Tanith may be considered a disadvantage in such case.
  • Somebody wasting a turn stealing a Laguz Stone/Gem/Accessory/whatev. Instead of attacking, you steal, wut.
  • Somebody rigging Corrosion procs to leave an enemy unarmed, just no. Unfair disadvantage.
  • Get a fast, lucky, bulky Sage/Priest and spam Fortify/Ashera Staff/Latona while the enemy slowly kills himself with counter hits. Nope.
  • Dragons are so bulky, have plenty of skills and are immune to regular crits (?). So Op
  • Nihil, imo, is a skill designed to neutralize and counter powerful enemy bosses. It transforms the LA into a number/stats battle which is lame.

2) BanHammer yes, to both!

3) Fine as is.

Guys, imo, you should ban Nihil or in the best case, restrict teams to only one nihil user no matter if said unit has it as innate or assigned skill. Nihil just transforms the battles into number battles. The essence of FE is its randomness amirite? The idea of friendly battles is seeing how rng works (crt and skill hax yes), eitherway, choose the 5 best units statistic-wise, dump Nihil and create a game. Other factors affect team building too, and Nihil make battles pretty boring, predictable and lame. Nihil is for the game not LA :smug:!

Yeah, see, this is the whole reason I want it gone. Wrath can be played around. Brothers can be played around. But Vague Katti is just...there, waiting to hax your lower def units at any point (and turning anyone who wields it into a crit machine). Inviting hax and limiting less than 20 def units is mainly my issue with it.

Pkl loves to be in the safety zone. Dat lck of yours :Kappa:

Also guys, why don't you try a new mechanic for battles? Instead of running averages or max stats meta, why don't you simulate level ups for each team unit considering base level, growths and RNG? Bad idea right.

That could be pretty fun IMO. Funner for something like a Draft LA where you simulate level up gains after all of the units have been drafted. Therefore, it adds a bit more value to prepromotes.

• Somebody wasting a turn stealing a Laguz Stone/Gem/Accessory/whatev. Instead of attacking, you steal, wut

there are lots of occasions where i'd rather not attack, and screwing over any laguz lategame or removing a laguzguard doesn't sound like a bad option at all

i kind of like stealing personally, because otherwise volke is a waste of space

Edited by General Horace