Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Deadeye got nerfed! Ah man, and think about all the games that invalidates.

Darn you accuracy bonus cancel!!!!!!!!!

Games aren't "invalidated" with rule changes...

When Nasir is banned, suddenly everyone who used him didnt lose their matches in Serenes Arena Cup. They still won, because he was ok to use according to the rules back then.

It's similar with Deadeye.

if you give me like an hour or so I could get a topic up for you guys.

Also, want to remove Reyson? He's pretty bad.

Yeah sure.

So bro, Horace.

X and Y are looking for someone to host a FE9 Draft Link Arena match with Sothe, Ena, Nasir and Reyson banned.

Anyone available?

Just jumping on this, I think I can host one of these today (Preferably with players who haven't done a round of drafting yet, so no RePKVenno yada yada)

I also lost most of my games I think.

Anybody else think 2x effective weaponry should return? Mainly, this would make fliers more competent as they could take a Laguzguard without being 1-2HKO'd by arrow attacks.

2x effective weaponry would buff the Dragons and Royals, as well as fliers in general (but only slightly, +10 mt brave hits and +18 mt Silvers will still take them down pretty quickly). I don't imagine it would affect much else - how often do you see other effective weapons anyway? Most of them are kinda niche options, overall, and changing to a 2x system makes a lot of them totally redundant (e.g. Laguzslayer is strictly worse than a Silver Sword+... when it's effective. All armour and mount slaying weapons become worse than their respective silver (except the Regal Sword, and even then it's 10% crit in exchange for 4mt and 10% hit)).

Overall I think the 3x system is better as long as the Dragons aren't banned. If they're banned, it might be more worth reconsidering.

No one uses hammers because shit accuracy

No one uses anti horse/anti armor weapons of cause low accuracy and fairly low MT (Silver forges have double if not more MT)

Anti Laguz weaponry is a gimmick at best because also, low accuracy. No one deploys laguz with horribad flee, like Mordecai.

Bows having 3x on fliers makes them more relevant. Fliers have low durability as it is: a silver bow from base Rolf has 59atk, or Brave Bow's 33 atk x2. Its still huge, and nearly destroys all fliers that aren't obliterated at base (base Elincia with a LaguzGuard would have like 3 HP left, for.instance)

Sages get the worst punishment out of this. While laguz can eat boosters and become beasts, sages already have to battle the dilemma of trying to ride out the duration of protection. Royals all run FGs anyway, so at late game, where royals have more control, they also have less protection.

I'd like to see 3x stay. All 2x does is buff laguz even more, and make sages even less likely to hit the field (unless Nihil!Calill, and we all have a stance on that). Super Laguz have it easy enough, what with Super Lethe, Super Ranulf and Royals like Giffca and Tibarn running standard.