Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Poly is town. You guys suck.

Specifically, his ED1 was too attention-seeking. Scum don't do that shit.

His lynch priority is absolutely terrible though. Aside from Refa, whom he has mentioned suspicion on, he wants to lynch the two inactives who may not have even read their role PM, me on an associative flip that doesn't exist yet (if you feel that I'm scum only if BBM flips scum, otherwise town, then why the hell isn't BBM on your lynch list as well), and Eurykins for "being dickish". Being a dick is (sadly) not a scum tell.

He had lots of effectively useless posts that I wouldn't expect from somebody rolling scum for their first time. Would think he'd be more self-conscious as mafia. He also seemed hyped to do something which is pretty town.

Also, since Grass unvoted to vote Eury, he's made no attempt to analyze Poly's posts, even though they've both had several posts since then. Grass has just been defending his Eury vote. Grass, do you still find Poly scummy?

I'm horribly behind on my work, don't really have time right now but still have the thread open for some reason.

There was one particular post of Poly's that I thought made him look a bit better but I don't remember any of his other ones. I'll look when I have a bit more time, maybe tomorrow during a class.

i put this in my thoughts qt but i feel this needs to be out there

random thought: now that bbm has been criticized for having a lack of reads, he's pushing out for many weak suspicions to the part where it seems like 1) appeasement and 2)"not enough votes for all these scum", which he did in chilean (and is still a common scumphrase)

the second point is implicit; bbm seems to have a lot of small, random (some implied, some explicit) suspicions thrown down on a number of players which is weird

sb's posts feel weird honestly; after isoskimming all I really see are:

- poly suspicion

- bbm defense

with maybe one or two other points scattered around. his post tone irks me as well; something i can't explain but it's like the posts feel... subdued? best I can think of explaining it.

uhhhh manix if you still think "i only have one vote" etc is scummy in y2013 i don't know what to tell you. i already explained why that means nothing whatsoever the first time you brought it up

prims; the main point is bbm has a damn lot of suspicions scattered about and not necessarily the vote rhetoric. having lots of suspicions means a less solid set of opinions = can be scum more easily faking cases

I'm reading him as town atm. I think his defense of BBM was good, and didn't come across to me as scum defending scumbuddy/buddying up to a townie. Considering who I'm voting for, it probably goes without say that I agree with his vote; not seeing any bad reasoning in regards to it either.

Also he did throw some suspicion on Grassbridger fwiw, even if it wasn't a particularly strong read (he should elaborate on this whenever he gets up).

Already gave my thoughts on SB.

It's possible I may be subconsciously overcompensating after getting criticized for not having any reads. idk. I see Trollstool reading the thread though; I want reads from her.

That's not necessarily true. Scum can pick out and go for an "easy mislynch target" as well. Why would they not? Also, by "it's more town to try to pick out the easiest scum" what do you mean by that? How would town know who is the "easiest scum" when townies don't know anyone's alignment except their own, unless you mean that they just go for who they think is scum?

Mmm. Scum could, but why would they leave all the more experienced town until the end? Since they know all of the threats why not go for the biggest ones? Actually now that I've read it back to myself it doesn't make much sense [my logic in a nutshell]. Of course the scum that slips up first would be the easiest scum. It's not like town really has a choice lol, they poke at folks until scum says or does something incriminating. Anyway, my distancing myself from that reasoning doesn't mean my thoughts on PMP and Manix have changed. I need to read the thread over again and then I'll try to put down my thoughts on other people aside from the ones I've mentioned.

Apologies if I missed anyone else who quoted me. I was trying to read over the thread again but my eyes are saying no. I'm exhausted; work was rough today.

Mmm. Scum could, but why would they leave all the more experienced town until the end? Since they know all of the threats why not go for the biggest ones? Actually now that I've read it back to myself it doesn't make much sense [my logic in a nutshell]. Of course the scum that slips up first would be the easiest scum. It's not like town really has a choice lol, they poke at folks until scum says or does something incriminating.

What exactly do you mean by this? Scum can't just attempt to mislynch the "more experienced" town, if those people aren't doing anything that would get them mislynched in the first place. I mean ... just to make sure we're on the same page here, if someone was doing something that most of the game considered very scummy and wanted to lynch over, scum can push on this player and go for an "easy mislynch". They'd NK experienced or obv!town players whom they couldn't mislynch.

You seem to be questioning things too much >.>

way to rise suspicious

and if I don't question things, scum get away with not having to interact with people, making blending in easier.

but anyway. thoughts on anyone else?

No editing means no editing. Since I know you did not change your post at all, I'm giving you a warning this time. Do not do it again or I will modkill you.

A reminder that this game is NOC which means you cannot talk with anyone who's not a mod outside of this thread unless your role explicitly allows you to do so.