1st Serenes' Pokémon X/Y Tournament (Multi Battle) - New poll!

Alfred Kamon

Opinions?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. This tournament isn't working-- what should we do?

• Scrap it completely and make new ones.
    • Put this on hiatus and make new tournaments in the meantime.
    • Wait till this tournament finishes.

Meh, if your IVs are lower than 15, the judge will say something. Or is it under 10? The only stat it really matters for is Speed, to avoid speed tying since there are lots of Pokemon with matching base speeds, especially when you get to the 90s.

I think that happens if it's under five.

Edited by Shuuda

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking, but this would be at level 100, right?

So how does it work at level 50? Are the numbers just halved?

The numbers are approximated when brought to level 50.

405 atk at level 100 = 213 (IIRC) at level 50.

So yeah, usually it's half + something.

But don't worry that the reasoning stays the same. 1 speed stat (calculated at lv.100) of difference will make one pokémon attack before the other even at level 50.

The numbers are approximated when brought to level 50.

405 atk at level 100 = 213 (IIRC) at level 50.

So yeah, usually it's half + something.

But don't worry that the reasoning stays the same. 1 speed stat (calculated at lv.100) of difference will make one pokémon attack before the other even at level 50.

Ok, thanks. I'm a bit wiser than before now :)

Tomorrow the first round is starting.

Round 1 goes from 11/22/13 to 11/25/13 included.

Within this time, all the couples should fight against the others in their group.

Please keep track of your wins/losses!

I need to know who won how many matches in order to establish the couples who will pass to round 2.

That said, plan your time carefully and have fun.

You can use this topic to say when you would be available for the battles, but do NOT comment the battles here (if you really must, do it without spoilers). No one wants his team to get spoiled before the tournament ends.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I'm available to fight any time today that my partner is available from now onwards after I get online (currently about 10:30 AM here EST). I'm not sure if I'll have a completely free schedule on Saturday or Sunday, but I'll proceed for now like I do.

I wish everyone to have a good time and awesome battles. Let's have fun! ^_^

Tomorrow the first round is starting.

Round 1 goes from 11/22/13 to 11/25/13 included.

Within this time, all the couples should fight against the others in their group.

Please keep track of your wins/losses!

I need to know who won how many matches in order to establish the couples who will pass to round 2.

That said, plan your time carefully and have fun.

You can use this topic to say when you would be available for the battles, but do NOT comment the battles here (if you really must, do it without spoilers). No one wants his team to get spoiled before the tournament ends.

Good luck everyone!

3 days is not much time... I think the window should be longer for round 1 especially cause there are a total of 8 people you have to coordinate schedules around to battle.

That being said, I'm free Saturday and Sunday anytime, so I should be able to play most matches.

What if we extended it into Thanksgiving break? I don't know how common it is elsewhere, but where I am, most classes are still held on Monday and Tuesday, with Wed/Thurs/Friday off. We could extend it to Friday so people can use that free time for battles.

I'm available to fight any time today that my partner is available from now onwards after I get online (currently about 10:30 AM here EST). I'm not sure if I'll have a completely free schedule on Saturday or Sunday, but I'll proceed for now like I do.

I wish everyone to have a good time and awesome battles. Let's have fun! ^_^

Thanks, you too! ^^

@Everyone: Yeah. The ideal would be to have all the battles within 3 days, but if that isn't possible we could extend it to Friday.

I wanted to keep it short mostly because people would otherwise have too much extra time to prepare themselves and leave the battles to the last two days or so. But imo having few time to prepare could have made things more interesting-- Anyway let's see if we can have these battles in time anyway.

Me and Fruity are available on Saturday and Sunday-- personally I'm available on Monday too (Monday is included like I said before, btw).

On weekdays I'm free for battle any time between 6pm and 11pm GMT. When necessary, I can do battle somewhat earlier or later too.

I need to check with my partner what times work for both of us of course.

Edited by Sylphid

I'm free for the rest of today and Monday. I should also be able to find plenty more time during the week, I'll have to check with my partner though before we arrange any battles.

Shuuda & Wackosso Vs Knife & Eradicator Boner

The winner was me & Wackosso, in what I thought was a very tough battle.

Edited by Shuuda