Unnamed Mafia (anon) - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the name Primid when SSBB came out because :hype:, then had to shorten it due to the 5 character limit for names on its incredibly laggy wifi.

It's not a particularly interesting story.

better than mine, to be fair

Well, that happened!

Kind of upset at myself for the two longish periods of absences, they were unintentional but I don't find lurking that enjoyable plus it was so much fun making those posts! Also for not submitting an action on that last night, I don't even know what I was thinking there. And uh...waking up unusually late today, which is why I missed the deadline. ;_; Imagine if scum got random killed! Also people getting like legit mad in Mafia makes me uncomfortable but it'd be kind of dumb to say it's their fault so I don't even know, probably should get over that or something. ANYWAYS, I enjoyed the game overall, so yeah.

Don't really know what to say about the setup, so I won't. Woot?

And this is probably more offensive than anything else in the game. No one "deserves" to lose; Town did its best trying to win for the majority of the game. This is throwing insults after the game, throwing mud in the faces of all those who tried, to say, "Your best efforts were such utter shit you deserved this loss."

The game was won on a random lynch. The lynch is the town's weapon, and having it decided because not enough people voted speaks for itself. The town is only as strong as its weakest member(s).

Never mind the fact that there's a screaming match about stuff that isn't mechanics, as well as the in-game nonsense.

You gave. No reason. For why you thought I was scummy aside from a stupid wording error that TOWN could have made too. And you were yelled about it in prior games. YOU EVEN SAID SO YOURSELF THAT YOU HAD NO STRONG SCUM READS WHEN YOU LYNCHED ME. You should have been lynched before me.

That's crap. If you're town, that's a wording error. If you're scum, that's a scumslip. That's what I said during the game. I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt on "never making a scumslip", which is what it seems like you want. Someone (Bizz?) tried that another time too, basically saying "I wouldn't be that stupid as scum". Everyone makes mistakes, so, no. That's not valid.

There wasn't much reason for me to find you scummy other than that "slip", but as you *just* pointed out, I had no strong scumreads. So I voted a weak one. How is this bad play at all?

@grass: it wasn't a slip. making an easy assumption that boron's post was talking about universal PoV because it easily read that way, and that everyone assumes from their PoV that they are town, it's a incredibly silly reason to lynch someone.

The game was won on a random lynch. The lynch is the town's weapon, and having it decided because not enough people voted speaks for itself. The town is only as strong as its weakest member(s).

Never mind the fact that there's a screaming match about stuff that isn't mechanics, as well as the in-game nonsense.

I still hold that it's incredibly rude to do, since plenty of Town did try. Yeah, the later part of the game turned to shit, mea culpa, but having surprise bastard sprung on you and the game devolving into a screaming match turns people off. I maintain that publicly spitting in the face of the players is an improper thing to do, no matter how much you think everyone deserves to lose for generating 26 pages of content and spending a lot of time and posts scumhunting on Day 1 and Day 2, then abandoning that Day 3 when surprise LYLO sprung about.

That's crap. If you're town, that's a wording error. If you're scum, that's a scumslip. That's what I said during the game. I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt on "never making a scumslip", which is what it seems like you want. Someone (Bizz?) tried that another time too, basically saying "I wouldn't be that stupid as scum". Everyone makes mistakes, so, no. That's not valid.

There wasn't much reason for me to find you scummy other than that "slip", but as you *just* pointed out, I had no strong scumreads. So I voted a weak one. How is this bad play at all?

Oh because you never make ANY mistakes at all right? When your strongest scum read is harping on a wording error THST COULD BE MADE AS EITHER ALIGNMENT you have no reads. Worse you let ACTUAL scum bypass you. Twice. When you try to lynch someone you build a not shit case on them. Your town reads were biased towards who trusted you. It I'd bad play because you hsd no actual reason to suspect me. Ignored any of my interactions. Voted with no case. Your only reason for suspicion was a shit reason. And you yourself scted scummy. This is why it was bad play.

Playing with you is more painful than getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

Also Bard, I didn't know you were into Suikoden until literally this game. That's pretty cool!

Confession time, I never played Suikoden IV so I'm not sure if that's what his character is like (I did read the Wiki page though!), but it was still fun anyways so worth it?

refa thank you for pulling your self-induced pr through the entire game, it made your posts fun to read and it's something not done often anymore so wow thank you

bard's posts were entertaining too because I've been into classical music for like 12 years so lol

Edited by Miria Harvent

Also Bard, I didn't know you were into Suikoden until literally this game. That's pretty cool!

Confession time, I never played Suikoden IV so I'm not sure if that's what his character is like (I did read the Wiki page though!), but it was still fun anyways so worth it?

I'm such a huge Suikoden nerd I once tried to set up an entire Suikoden roleplay forum. lol

Failed because obscure fandom orz

Reinbach Schtolteheim from Suikoden IV is actually very humble and continuously tries to make amends for the foolishness of his family. While he employs a manservant, he is ashamed of his family and actually joins the Suikoden IV hero because his manservant was exiled by his father... and he refused to let the man go alone. So he seeks to redeem his manservant!

A noble man, really. Not quite as foppish and haughty as you would have us believe.

Funny story: One of the names I submitted for Anon was Asuka Langley. Had Manix picked that one, I would have written all my RVS posts in German. :V

@Miria: I actually really meant the dog Beethoven, then ran with composer Beethoven. Orchestrating such a change took only a measure of my genius and hardly stalled the rhythm of my ode to scumhunting.

Edited by Bard

I still hold that it's incredibly rude to do, since plenty of Town did try. Yeah, the later part of the game turned to shit, mea culpa, but having surprise bastard sprung on you and the game devolving into a screaming match turns people off. I maintain that publicly spitting in the face of the players is an improper thing to do, no matter how much you think everyone deserves to lose for generating 26 pages of content and spending a lot of time and posts scumhunting on Day 1 and Day 2, then abandoning that Day 3 when surprise LYLO sprung about.

And I maintain that any side that stops caring deserves to lose, whether it be town, mafia, cult, etc. When it comes to town, the majority needs to care enough to try - I've yelled at people in my own games before about this, and it was for the same reasons. Yes, it sucks when you lose because of others, but that is the risk of any mafia game.

If you want to see what I mean, read Choral Mafia IV. One mafia faction got shafted hard. . .yet the final member didn't go "screw this game, I'm gonna get myself killed." Instead, he did his best to look town, and because of that, the mafia eventually won (talking outside of the thread was a huge help, Kelsey).

By that logic scum didn't deserve to win either, with Prims being the only person in N4 who asked for a UL and town wanted to keep going ;/

By that logic scum didn't deserve to win either, with Prims being the only person in N4 who asked for a UL and town wanted to keep going ;/

If I'd found out that one of my buddies pulled what happened to you, I would've asked for the same.

refa thank you for pulling your self-induced pr through the entire game, it made your posts fun to read and it's something not done often anymore so wow thank you

Yeah, that was really fun to write too.

A noble man, really. Not quite as foppish and haughty as you would have us believe.

Funny story: One of the names I submitted for Anon was Asuka Langley. Had Manix picked that one, I would have written all my RVS posts in German. :V

So I suppose I was an impostor after all!

Man, that would've been amazing (the writing your posts in German thing) haha.

I'm not going to apologize for bad play, because I don't like playing badly and I'm trying to get better. If you think I'm capable of playing better, tell me how to improve (in a way that's not yelling at me). If you don't, don't get mad at me for being bad at this.

Oh because you never make ANY mistakes at all right?

Of course I make mistakes. That's why I listen to responses to my cases and update them accordingly. But during the game you never explained why you felt I was objectively wrong, you just got mad at me for it and *told* me I was wrong.

When your strongest scum read is harping on a wording error THST COULD BE MADE AS EITHER ALIGNMENT you have no reads.

Why didn't you at least try to explain why there was no scum mentality behind putting yourself on a scumlist? Your defense was literally "I think my point was pretty fucking obvious", which missed *my* point.

Worse you let ACTUAL scum bypass you. Twice.

Not going to apologize for playing badly. I tried.

When you try to lynch someone you build a not shit case on them.

Oh, thanks for that, I'll be sure to remember that.

Your town reads were biased towards who trusted you.

Arguably. I'm not willing to grant it's because of that. Maybe for IT? But I felt like most of the cases that were made on me were objectively bad, so people who *weren't* making those cases were doing a good thing.

It I'd bad play because you hsd no actual reason to suspect me. Ignored any of my interactions. Voted with no case. Your only reason for suspicion was a shit reason. And you yourself scted scummy. This is why it was bad play.

FWIW I would have unvoted you after you brought up the "why would I claim tailor as scum" point (and interactions) again, which you did, but only 9 minutes before IT voted you and 20 before you self-hammered. I didn't see it before you were dead. But I would have just switched to Beethoven so *shrug*

Playing with you is more painful than getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

I'm mostly quoting this part for consistency, because I quoted everything else. But please, consider it from my point of view. Most of your interactions with me seem to be calling me an idiot. Please don't. I'm not.

Okay, my comment about pulling teeth was uncalled for and I apologize. But only for that. I think you are capable of playing better than this and you need to stop harping on word choice of all things so much. I feel that it should be plainly obvious that I am not going to call myself scum and that I mixed up "sentence" and "paragraph" when writing that post. It's not scummy to screw up on words. Do I really have to say "no there's no scum intent in a wrong word" for you to accept it as a townie mistake? This is why I got mad. I feel like things that should ne common sense just ... don't seem to always strike you as such or you find scum intent in the most ridiculous of things.

You also decided Reinbach was town after he cleared you as doctor. I also fail to see why he was given a pass because he claimed rolecop while I was scum despite no one knowing why I'd claim tailor as scum.