Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

"Eh? Juste like zat?" Melanie said, a bit disappointed that she didn't get to hear of any sensual tales. It almost hurt, wondering if Magali didn't trust her with that sort of information, but she was probably just too embarrassed to talk about it. Mel shrugged, and slumped onto the table again, without anyone to talk to. She didn't particularly feel like getting up either. "'Ave fun, Magali. I 'ope zey do not charge you too much." I wonder eef anyone would want to talk right now... Probablement not.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taima nodded to Sheikah and then glanced around the room. Spying Mel sitting newly alone at the table, she gave a mental shrug and walked over and plopped down at the table. "Hey Mel. How are you doing after the battle? I noticed you were trying to reach that girl you had been talking to before the battle. Did she manage to get out alright?"

Giving a shaky smile, and face still flushed red, Magali nodded. It was actually a bit surprising that the girl didn't press on the matter... but now she seemed so down... but it was for the best... ah, what the hell. "I wouldn't want to talk about it at an open inn table, thanks." She muttered softly as she passed by Melanie, and out of the inn.

Reaching the vendor, it seemed Magali's bluff was actually correct, who would have thought! "Excuse me, do you have any healing staves yet? I'd like one, if there is."

Edited by Xinnidy

At an open table? Oh! "Donc, you will talk about eet later? Parfait!" And without any more pestering, she let the woman on her way, having that 'promise' in her mind. She perked up enough to almost sit up straight, in time for Taima to pop up! "Ehhh, comme ci comme ça. Not ze best, not ze worst. Definitely better zan before ze fight, which I find kind of bizarre, mais, I guess eet is not too bad a sing. As for ze woman, I did find 'er. 'Er name ees Mina, and she was juste bien. I asked 'er to come along, mais, she said she 'ad ozzer sings to do. A bit décevant, mais, what can you do?" She shrugged. "Donc, 'ow are you doing, Taima?"

Edited by I have opinions

Diana heard a resounding thud just across from her. She looked up from her cards to see Declan there. She gave a small nod to acknowledge his presence. Noting him looking not inclined for conversation, Diana turned her attention back down to the cards. Didn't take many moves to find zero more potential moves in this draw. What ridiculous luck... Let's try that again. She scooped up the cards once more, shuffling and dealing them in the same way she had been.

Taima took a few seconds to make sure she understood what Mel was saying before responding. "Well... It's good that you're doing better at least I guess. Too bad about Mina though... Are you sure she was on our side? She was right around some of the enemies we killed and they didn't seem to have any problem letting her go." She shrugged. "I guess just be careful. That's all. I'm doing ok. So what were you and Magali talking about? She sure ran out of here in a hurry."

"Oi, do not say zat. She was très bien. Zey probablement did not notice 'er. She ees très petit, eef you did not notice." Mel felt a bit insulted, she'd never trust someone evil! As, of course, those who worked with monsters had to be evil. But Mina wasn't like that. Not from what Mel'd seen. "As for Magali, she went to go and buy une nouveau staff for 'erself. She 'ad juste 'eard zat ze shops 'ad opened back up so she wanted to make sure she was ze first one zere." She had been about to bring up the topic of sex, but Magali had said she didn't want to talk about that at an open table, so she probably didn't want Mel spreading it out to everyone else in the group.

"Huh. Shopping doesn't explain how much she was blushing, but alright. You sure you didn't say something to scare her off?" Taima grinned slightly at the thought, not realizing just how close to home her question hit.

"Non, I ah'm quite sure, and I should not be repeating eet anyway." Mel paused for a moment and then frowned. "Ben, I did, but she did not want to talk about eet in public, so I do not want to repeat eet to anyone." Mel quietly cursed under her breath. "S'il vous plait, do not ask 'er yourself. Eet seemed like a privé sujet, donc, even I did not press ze matter." Mel hoped that Taima wouldn't ask, because she knew it would come back to her, and she didn't want to upset Magali over her silly tongue.

Taima grinned. "Oh dear. Well... I won't push. Though I guess that will just mean I'll need to fill in the blanks with m imagination. Hmm... I'm going to go with either you told her you were in love with her orrrrr... Hmm... Found out about some deep dark secret that she swore she would never tell anyone and you stumbled upon by accident." She grinned even more at the girl across the table from her, hoping to get some sort of reaction out of her. "I think I'll go with found out about some embarrassing secret from her past. Yes, good. That will work."

Accountability

Sheikah continued her furious writing, frustration becoming more and more apparent as she continued at her work. After several minutes she put her book aside and sighed heavily, scanning the room and seeing Declan along with Diana. She approached their table, but did not take a seat. "Declan, what was going on back there, and where did you go after? The guards seemed pretty convinced you were up to something. Any idea why?"

Vendor

"Sure do!" the shopkeeper replied gladly, retrieving one quickly. "These are your basic, standard variety type. Easy to use and they're pretty effective! It'll be six hundred for one of these, unless something else catches your fancy."

Edited by Reinfleche

Melanie turned a bit red. 'Ow ees she zis good at guessing? Mais, I 'ave a cover for zis! Since she was already blushing, it would probably come across fairly well. "'O-Ow did you know? I... Ben, I guess I will not 'ide it from you, Taima. I did confess to 'er. She 'as juste been so nice to me, and supporting. I 'ave never felt such affection from anozzer person, I juste could not 'elp myself!" Despite her joking, saying such things was just making her even more red. "Do not tell anyone, eet was very 'ard for 'er to swallow. I mean, I ah'm so young! 'Oo wouldn't be surpris?" Zat was almost parfait! Zere ees no way she would not believe zat... Oh, but zat might juste cause plus de problèmes. Calice!

"Ah, wonderful, I'll take one, then. I think that will be it." Magali said as she handed over the money to the vendor -- exact money, and now she was out of her pay, wow. Well, I hope Melanie didn't get too excited, she did brighten up when I comforted her...

"Huh. And here I was teasing you." Taima shrugged. "I'd give you some advice but... that's not really my area of expertise. Don't really have any interest in such things myself. Good luck I guess? Just... be careful, ok? Falling for someone you work with can be dangerous if things go poorly."

Oh, non... She bought eet. Zat ees not good. Melanie did her best to chuckle along. "Oui, I know eet is not something to be taken lightly... Particulièrement when we are all fighting pour our lives, non?" Merde, 'ow do I explain zis to Magali? I juste did not want to talk about zat to anyone else et now, Taima sinks we are een love! Franchement! Melanie was sweating bullets inside, just red on the outside. "I will be careful, for sure."

"Oh, zat ees good! I do not want somesing like zis to spread, I do not know 'ow comfortable everyone else would be... You know, people een ze group, getting so close, so quickly, and all." Mel stared down at the table, trying to think of something else to talk about, anything, her face getting redder and redder by the moment. "A-Anyway, Taima, w-what about you? Anysing on your mind?" Change le sujet, changement le sujet!

Declan scowled before turning to the source of the voice that knocked him from his concentration, which he quickly discarded once he realized it was Sheikah. "Honestly? They probably saw years-old wanted posters of me in some backwater town on the other side of the land and thought it'd be cute if I happened to be working for a pack of imbeciles like that so they could cram a few bucks into their greedy pockets." He snarled, though it wasn't in any way meant for Sheikah. Rather, it was to himself, who he despised for even letting something like this happen.

"Pff, are you asking me if I have a crush in the group or asking if I have anything on my mind. Seems like you're asking both." She grinned and kind of shook her head. "There's not much on my mind. Just glad to have a bit of a break before the boss wants to talk to us again. Never a good sign there."

"Non, NON, non, let us juste stop talking about relations, I was juste asking what was on votre mind." She was getting quite frazzled with all this talk, eyes looking back at the door at times, wondering if Magali would bust on through. Taima was smiling though, so maybe she was enjoying this embarrassment? Zat would be très mechant. I 'ope she ees juste enjoying ze conversation. "Eeeehm, did ze boss say what she wanted to talk about?"

"Hmm? Oh I guess if you want to drop it, we can. And she didn't say. I'm kind of just assuming that she'll want to talk to us about the battle and future plans. After all... we were separated at the start of this battle. That shouldn't be happening in the future. Too dangerous." She grew more somber and just kind of shook her head.

Analytic

"I see... would they be able to recognize you from that, especially when they've likely been working here for a long time, even if they had seen the poster?" Sheikah asked skeptically, scrutinizing his respose. "And give 'em at least a little credit, there actually was someone they needed to apprehend here, just not you. Seems more like a simple mistake in the details than being out to get you in particular or that they were anxious for money to me." She bit her lip. "I am not really one to talk on that end, I guess, since I was just keeping track of company bookkeeping and my own money now. Sometimes mistakes happen, and sometimes people really are malicious, but assuming the worst in people rarely leads to good results for anyone. Law enforcement in particular get a hard enough time as it is than to be judging them like that."

--

Transaction Complete

"Here you are, then," the shopkeeper responded, handing over a healing staff and taking the money. "Thank you for your purchase, and have a good day!"

Declan sighed. "Honestly, that is plausible, but I'm just not convinced. Considering that they were armed to the teeth and didn't show up until after we were done and I was vulnerable to a gang rush makes me wonder... but I might just be a bit paranoid based on the past, so..." He replied, ordering a drink as he did so. He badly needed it at this rate.

"Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" was Lugos' response to frying the enemy leader in one go. Sheikah seemed... displeased that the man was dead, though Lugos could easily understand why. Information was a valuable thing. Speaking of valuable things, Ivan was apparently giving him 'tribute' in the form of the axes belonging to the now fried corpse of the armored man and some bandit. Though Lugos could hardly lift axes for the life of himself, let alone fight with them, he could always sell them. "Ivan, right? You did good job, yes," Lugos said as he took the axes, surprised that they weren't quite as heavy as he remembered them them to be.

Ivan just nod head slightly in acknowledgability. He wanted ask about the group of dark lords, he not know about others.

"The rest, your friends?"

Ivan stomach rumble again... Is better to work for demons, than be starve, yah?

"Ivan need long-time work. Would work for dark lords from lowly servant Ivan be satisfacting?"

"They were probably armed intending to do something about the attacks, and didn't expect us to be there to make shorter work of it than them," Sheikah reasoned, frowning as he ordered his drink. "I hope you aren't easily intoxicated. If you're drunk when we next converge, I'm not going to be pleased."