Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

"Oh, très bien. I juste want to learn so eef you 'ave to grab me again." That sounded weird, and Mel realized quickly. "Oh, I mean, for moving quickly! Ben, not anysing else." She blushed a bit and laughed it off, hoping it wasn't that awkward to say. "I am positif zat you will be a great teacher! You are very up front about sings, from what I 'ave seen of you. I am sure zat teaching somesing will be as easy as conversing. Pas problème." She offered Celestia a reassuring smile and a thumbs up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's the biggest trouble. Something must be going on that they all think it's a really good idea to invade Irksa. And, uh, Nora said she had something worked out whenever we're done, so I'm not gonna worry about details that are taken care of for me. I've got enough on my mind." Sheikah stretched a bit, looking around. "We're gonna have to get going soon. I'll give everyone just a few minutes and then we're off, got it?"

"Haha... well, I'll do what I can... if you want to learn and are willing to put the effort in, I'll do my best to teach you, even if it means grabbing you along the way." Celestia replied with a chuckle, at Melanie cutting herself off.

"I should warn you though, when I get pumped I can be kind of merciless... well, if it gets to be too much for you to handle just do something crazy like threaten me with a knife or something, I'll stop... try to avoid any actual stabbing though, that might be painful..." Celestia replied with another giggle, hoping to seem lax enough about it to avoid any actual stabbing injuries in the near future.

Taima frowned. "Yeah, it's odd that they decided to invade. Not exactly sure what the sense behind that is... I hope we find out. It'd be nice to know why we're fighting this war, you know? I'm not one to back down from a fight, but that doesn't mean I don't like to know why I'm fighting." She sighed. "Ah, heading back will be nice. A nice bath, then sleep? Looking forward to that for sure. Also getting out of this armor... Think I might have to pick up some new clothes in Bonvale. The clothes I have under here are nice for wearing under armor but not nice for much beyond that." Stretching, she slid her lance into the sheath across her back, and nodded. "Well, whenever you're ready boss." She saluted Sheikah with a grin.

"Well, I think some people have a hard time admitting it." Vale shrugged. "A lot of people have different reasons for being talented in what they're talented in, or practicing whatever trade they're practicing. For me, it was..." He paused to think a moment, glancing to the ground. He bit the inside of his cheek absentmindedly. "A mix of idealism, like the great heroes you described--sometimes you need that from the beginning. Like I said before, it gives you something to aspire to. And..." He paused again. "Also because I happened to have some natural skill. That's another reason people do the things they do. I was told I had good form, but that I needed refinement." He smirked at the recollection. "Gods, that guy was an asshole."

He focused on Artemis again, visibly enjoying her awe. The swordsman hadn't been this excited in... a while, he thought. He took a deep breath through his nose. "With practice, I think even people with absolutely no experience could do something like that. There're a lot of people better than I am--you could have asked for a better teacher, probably." He laughed. "But that aside, playing around with sticks is actually pretty much how training starts. So if you're used to that, you might at least be able to cover the basics faster." He could tell she was selling herself short, and it made him vaguely a bit sad.

"Ah, that makes sense," Lugos thought out loud. He wouldn't really have a stance while he was up in the air but he still understood the concept. The only two ways of attacking he could think of would either be getting up close and personal or trying to do a fly-by hit and run kind of deal. Both were dangerous for different reasons so it'd be up to him on what to do. But for now it wouldn't hurt to at least get a stance down if he was ever forced to fight while dismounted. He tightened his grip on his axe and brought it up to rest on his shoulder. It probably wasn't the best stance but for now it felt right.

Melanie laughed again, glad that Celestia was going along with the joke. "Do not grab too 'ard, zough! Hahaha~" She kept laughing, still enjoying all of this. The knife bit through her for a loop, but she figured out a way to joke around that, too. "I sink zat eef I tried to come at you wis a knife, I would end up stabbing myself, first! Haha... I do not know 'ow to 'andle a sword or a knife. Eef I 'ad never see someone do, I probablement would 'ave, at some point, sought zat you 'old ze sharp end! Hee~"

Mel then spotted, out of the corner of her eye, Sheikah stretching, and Taima putting her lance away, reminding her that they were going to get going soon. "Speaking of 'orse riding, do you sink I could ride wis you? I am still tired from all of zat 'ealing, and running about. Eef we are not going too fast, I suppose eet would not be zat bad. Juste, do not wake me eef I fall asleep on your back, or somesing. Unless I am going to fall off! Zat would be très bad..."

"Remind me not to let you have a knife, then. I'll just have to be as rough with you as I want, then." Celestia replied, giggling once again. It had been a good while since she was last able to talk and laugh like this.

"Sure, you can ride with me... but I'll have to say no about the waking thing... you need to be alert when you're on a horse... you'll have to wait for either camp or a town, to sleep. Just hold on tight to me and you'll be fine."

Mel giggled but felt a bit weird talking about someone being rough with her. It was embarrassing, so hopefully the talk of horses would out last it. Either way, she sighed, and started pulling her robe back on. It felt nice to take the heavy cloth off for a bit, but if they were going to get going she didn't want to carry it, at least not in her arms. Her shoulders would have to bear the weight!

"Bien, bien, I will stay awake. I do not want to cause trouble over somesing like sleep. Ben, I will not be sleeping when we get into town, not right away. I can not wait to sink into a tub of 'ot water and juste melt. Peut-être light a candle, and relax next to eet. Scented candles are fantastique~" Mel sighed, and hoped that the money they made from this would pay for a really nice inn.

Declan took note of Lanos' stance - it was a bit odd for him to be looking at, considering how he himself used his axe, but Lugos looked like a bonafide woodsman with the way he was holding his axe right now. "Huh... alright. Next step is simple: bring that axe down with as much force as you can muster up."

"Oh my gosh a bath... ahh, I can't wait~" Celestia replied ecstatically at the mention of a warm bath after a long day's fighting and travelling. She could practically already feel the warm water against her skin, soothing every inch of her body... though the thought did bring to mind a certain other recent warm feeling, which caused Celestia to blush a tad.

"Scented candles, huh? Can't say I've ever had the chance to try them... it was never a luxury I could afford the time or the money to."

"Ahhhh, arrêtez! Do not talk about ze bass like zat! You will just make me want eet when I know I must wait for eet. Franchement..." Mel sighed through her smile. She really did want the chance to relax. "As for ze candles, ma mozzer, she was very interested in zem. Donc, we always 'ad one 'anging around ze 'ouse, and I was free to use zem. We shall fine some in town and get zem before our washing. Pas problème! Trust me, you will enjoy ze bass more, wis a good smell to go wis eet."

"Hahaha, sorry, sorry... I got a bit excited thinking about it, to be honest..." Celestia replied with a sheepish grin and a blush, as Melanie explained her own history with these scented candles... they did sound rather delightful. The templar wondered to herself what kind of scents they might have available... truthfully she really didn't know. Of course, after that, something about what Melanie said caught her ear.

"Oh? From the sounds of it. I'd reckon that you just invited me to bathe with you. Is that right?"

Lugos grabbed his axe with both his hands and leaned back, lifting his left leg into the air in preparation to lunge forward at the same time. "Like... This!?" He accentuated 'this' by lunging forward and swinging the axe down onto where he thought the head of an average man would be. The axe actually went a little farther than he'd wanted it to but given that it was the first time in a long while since he'd swung an actual axe, and that there was nothing to stop it, he figured he'd done pretty well.

Artemis pondered Wolfgang's questions for a moment before giving a definite answer. "I'd imagine wyverns would be more aggressive than pegasi, but the latter are definitely harder to tame. Look at Sigurd, we've been together for over a decade and we're still at odds fairly often," She said, laughing a little. "Sparring with Lugos, huh? Could be fun. Hey, yeah, maybe we could learn something from it! Man, I haven't sparred with anyone since my days in the academy," She concluded wistfully. Having finished replying to Wolfgang, Artemis turned towards Vale.

"I never thought of it like that before. Everyone needs to be inspired somehow, huh?" Artemis said cheerfully. Maybe she wasn't so weird after all! "Yeah, I started learning anima magic for the same reason. Still, I've always wondered about that," Artemis said, sighing a little. "If you take up things just because you're talented at them without any regard for what you want to do, then what does that make you? That's actually part of the reason that I wanted to try my hand at swordsmanship in the first place. Most people in my shoes would have focused their efforts on refining their skill with anima tomes, saying that it's far too late to start learning a new weapon. But is that what's right for me?" She questioned while twirling a strand of her hair. "Sorry about that, got off on a tangent there. I think you're underselling your own skills, though. The only other person I've seen who's better at swords than you was Tyrius, and somehow I doubt he'd be willing to teach me!" She laughed. "Never would've guessed that all of the swordsmen I've encountered started out the same way I did," Artemis said, a little sad thinking about it. All of the people she'd fought must have had people who cared for them. Did they really need to die? Shrugging that depressing thought off, she finished her previous thought by proclaiming, "Maybe I'll do better at this than I thought!"

Edited by Refa

Diana stirred from her sleep. Wha... oh... She realized that she had nodded off to sleep, while still holding her deck of cards. I must have been exhausted, at least in part... Stretching slightly, she then gave the cards a quick shuffle. After dealing out the cards in a square, she glanced around, noticing that not a lot had changed in terms of who was interacting with who. Seeing Lugos with Declan, and briefly watching Declan trying to teach Lugos invoked a memory.

"That's it. You're doing good." A deep, male voice spoke. "May I suggest adjusting your stance a little, though? Just keep your legs slightly closer together, and bend your knees a little more." I did as instructed. "Is this okay?"

"Yes. Now try a few slashes, using your knees to provide a little bit extra." I continued to follow the instructions. It felt a little bit strange, but slowly it started to feel a little more natural.

"From there, everything is just now practice. I hope I have been helpful to you."

"Yes... thank you." I replied. He promptly gathered his few belongings with him, and went on his way.

Awash with a remembrance of how she was taught the sword, she took a deep breath. I still may not be the best at it... but I try. It is still useful to have a way to defend myself...

"Eh? Ben, I did not say zat, but eef you wanted to... I 'ave not bazed wis someone since my parents. I guess you could wash my back, or somesing." She smiled, noticing that Peter seemed to have nodded out of the conversation again. She giggled, and figured that perhaps it was her turn to joke with him. "Ben, Peter, eef you wanted to join us you are free to. Eet would be like 'aving ze family togezer again. Heehee~"

"I will be most pleased to give it a try, then~." Magali had a long, flat smile. Perhaps she could look more into that theater as a career... well, that'd have to wait until she actually got there. "If you say so. This seems like a great advantage if you know your limits, I agree. All the more power to you. Here's to hoping the situation never goes so dire that you'd need to risk yourself such, though."

It was then that Magali realized they seemed all but ready to pack up. "That was a nice chat. Perhaps we can continue on the way. I'd like to know more about this theater, if you don't mind~." Magali prepared for the travel herself, though that admittedly did not require much from her. The woman did not carry much on her on the battlefield.

((Nobody said I couldn't post a closure anymore and this is a FREE COUNTRY))

((EDIT: Well ok my country is a leftist pit dammit trent))

Edited by Xinnidy