Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

Declan put on a smirk at both things Sheikah said to him. "So it was a jealousy thing, huh? Figured that may have had something to do with it." he replied, taking a swig of his drink. "And you underestimate me, boss. I don't get drunk easily at all."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thank you very much." She nodded to the vendor and left, almost pennyless, but it would have to make do. She just hoped things weren't hectic when she came back.

Returning to the entrance of the inn, Magali noted that Melanie wasn't alone --Taima was there too, and they were talking already... and Melanie looked kinda reddish... it couldn't be, could it?

Magali took a deep breath and nervously approached the two. "Hello, figures the vendors were open already, this healing staff is brand as new, thankfully." She glanced at the two quickly. "And how's it been since I left?"

"Ben, well, we could not plan for somesing like zat to 'appen, could we? Zoe, you are right, after fighting ze monstres, we should be plus prudents." Melanie nodded her head in agreement with Taima, glad that the subject has changed, even if her face was still beaming red. She wasn't sure it could get much more vivid, but Magali's sudden return changed that. She was getting to flustered she had to hide her head in her arms, flopping face first onto the table. A muffled voice responded, "non, nossing. Nossing at all. Eet 'as been fine..."

Taima couldn't help the slight smirk that spread across her face, but she quickly controlled it, turning her face into her normal neutral expression. "Oh, not much. You know, normal every day stuff. Like what the boss wants to talk to us about later. Good to see your shopping went well. You left in such a rush earlier, I should have known it was to go shopping."

"Don't jump to conclusions there too easily, mister big shot. I'll trust you with alcohol for now, but if you end up doing anything dumb, don't say I didn't warn you," Sheikah lectured. "You seem old enough to know how to handle it well enough, at least. Dunno about some of the others."

Magali felt a shiver through her spine. Melanie totally opened her mouth about it. Oh god. "...Are you sure, Melanie?" Magali pressed on, not sure how she would react further.

And then Taima spoke to her. "Everyday normal stuff...?" She stood for a moment. If she told Taima anything about me, they're definitely hiding it well... oh god, what are they planning? A bit more uncomfortable, she continued. "Yeah, I was shopping, alright. My last healing staff is almost breaking, so I had to get another one..." She nervously shifted her gaze to Melanie. Come on, what did you tell her?

Edited by Xinnidy

Melanie wasn't sure of what to say, and if there was anything, she wasn't saying it in front of Taima. "Magali, may I speak wis you, outside?" She propped her head up to say that, quickly exiting her chair and almost assaulting the door with her arms to get it open. She was extremely worried, wondering if she'd already ruined the trust Magali had given her. She found the inn's outdoor wall, slumped up against it, slid down it, and curled up on the ground.

Declan laughed as he set his drink down. "Relax, boss. Either way, I'm a happy drunk, so I doubt I'd cause any trouble... hic." He replied, before his gaze went over to the three girls over at the other table. "Oy, boss. Whaddya think they're doin' over there? You think that they're planning something fishy?" He added, sticking his tongue out mockingly at Melanie.

Oh dear. She closed her eyes for a moment as Melanie passed by her. She took a deep breath and looked at Taima. "Look, whatever she told you... don't pay too much attention to it, I'm a dancer, I'm a performer, yes, but I don't sleep with any guy out there, that was a special thing... she just had to ask the embarassing questions... think what you will, but please keep it to yourself." She shook her head, and turned her back to follow the girl outside before she could receive a reply. When Declan showed up and addressed then, she just picked her pace and pushed Melanie, the girl was almost outside, too far to notice, thankfully.

Standing outside, Melanie was already curled up against the wall, which was surprisingly... off. "Look, you can tell me, whatever it is, I'll try to fix it, or bear with it. But... what did you tell her?" She spoke, hesitantly.

Edited by Xinnidy

Taima blinked. It seemed that she'd been lied to. Either that or there were two things going on. Either way, this had been an amusing time. It was always interesting to see people getting all flustered over romantic issues.

"I-I... I..." She was frantically looking for an excuse, but there obviously wasn't one. She will not be mad, sûrement... Juste explain eet, and everysing will be fine. "T-Taima, she asked why you ran off, donc, I said you were going shopping, because zat was what you were going to do, ben, she did not believe me, because ta face rougissait, oui?" She paused a moment and stood herself up, starting to feel less worried with getting it out. "Donc, donc, I tried to say zat I 'ad said nossing, but I slipped, and said zat, I would not repeat what I 'ad said." She looked up at Magali, wondering if she was upset by now. "Donc... I-I, went back to zat blague I 'ad made earlier, about liking you, and said zat was what I 'ad said, as to not let 'er know what I 'ad actually asked... I sought zat she would not believe me! Mais elle l'a fait! I guess eet was because I was already red because I was being asked about zis and I did not know what to say, so I went along wis eet, because I did not want to tell 'er what I 'ad actually said because I did not want to ruin your trust, mais I sink I 'ave juste vissé le tout..." She slipped back down against the wall, smacking herself in the forehead.

"Why do you think they're up to something? Man, you're paranoid," Sheikah commented, her expression immediately souring again when he hiccuped. She slid his drink away from him. "No complaining! I warned you, and you don't seem to hold your alcohol as much as you boast. Happy drunk or not, your judgement can still be erred, and I'm not having that right now." She raised an eyebrow at Melanie and Magali leaving, but spoke nothing of it.

Peter waved as Artemis headed to the stables. He smiled as he saw Declan playfully stick his tongue out at. . .someone. Maybe the kid needed a good fight to get things out of his system. Taima sat at a table, the other two girls having rushed out past him. "You know where those two girls were off to in such a hurry? They didn't even notice me, and I'm not exactly tiny."

Diana looked up from her cards just in time to see Mel and Magali leave the inn, leaving Taima by herself. Curious. I think it might be time to see what's going on. Diana scooped up her cards, not worrying about completing the draw, and wandered over to where Taima was. She vaguely heard Sheikah talking while she was moving but didn't care enough to figure out what it was about. Nor did she think it was directed at her.

"Hey, Taima. What's going, or rather, gone on over here?"

Edited by Curly Brace

Taima grinned internally as two people in a row asked about Mel and Mag. "Ah... I'm not quite sure. Something about healing stuff maybe? I don't know, Magali came back from shopping and then they ran off." She shrugged. "Who knows."

Taking deep breaths, Magali tried to calm down a little as Melanie talked, the worst had to be past, since she left some words with Taima before she followed her. She started to feel bad about being nervous enough to push her away from the inn.

Of course, she couldn't believe it when Melanie said that... she didn't. She'd bluffed. Wait, then what I just said to Taima... oh, oh no. She wanted to hide her face in her hands, but endured it to not make the girl think she was disappointed. Her face was certainly reddened, though. "M-melanie... that's..." She took a deep breath. "That's fine, I'm sure I can talk to Taima and sort this out, she's not that much a stranger. It was kind of my fault too, for running like that." She placed her hand on the girl's shoulder to try to calm her down. "That was an uncomfortable moment, but it's okay... just... this is why I don't speak about it in the open, okay? We're fine, you're still a good girl. That happens..." She tried to use the nicest words she could think of. She wasn't angry at the girl so much as embarassed for herself. Great, now Taima must think I'm some kind of sexual fiend. I need to stop being paranoid about this.

"I suppose you could call them my friends," Lugos told Ivan. Sure he didn't know all of them the best but those were just minor details. "You'd have to talk to my boss about joining up with us. She'd probably say yes either way but asking is a good idea." Despite telling Ivan this, Lugos realized he had no idea where to direct the man. The things I get myself into... "Say, you wanna hop up on my wyvern? It'll be faster than walking at least." And I'll hopefully be able to find Sheikah or someone who knows where she is.

"Oh, hi Diana," Peter said, a bit embarrassed that he didn't see her. "I doubt those two girls would want an old man like me to pry into their business," he continued. "Ah, do either you mind if I have a seat? This battle business reminds me of my age."

Done feeding her steed and with no money on her, Artemis figured there wasn't much to do but return to the inn. Apparently some people were talking outside, but Artemis couldn't hear it so it probably wasn't very important. Opening the door, she went to sit at one of the seats near the bartender. "No alcohol for me, thanks, just some milk will do," She requested as she opened the book again and continued reading from where she last left off.

"Please, you're only a couple of years older than me, surely? You're what, thirty? I'm twenty-four, that's nothing." She grinned at the man and gestured to the recently vacated seat. "I have a hunch Mel won't be coming back soon. Feel free to sit down. You too Diana, if you want."

Edited by scorri

"Thanks, Taima," Peter said with a grin. "Ah, to be your age again! Six years doesn't seem like a long time, but it's enough to mess with a person's body. There's no way I could drink as much as I did back then, for one!"

A wave of reassuring pleasantness washed over Melanie as Magali said it had been alright. She managed to stand in time for Magali to put a hand on her shoulder, finally letting her let go of any anxieties she still had in her head. "Je suis très désolé, really..." She looked up at Magali with a rather sad face, finally giving in when Magali said she was a good girl, giving her a hug. "I swear, I will not do somesing so stupide again. I almost ruined ze kindness you 'ad shown me, and so quickly... Je suis un imbécile." She released Magali quickly enough, realizing that it was probably not the best time for something like. "Ehhhh... Sorry, for zat, aussi..."

"Thank you." Diana said to Taima. Diana sat down and got her cards out again. She just listened to Peter and Taima talk as she carefully dealt out seven columns of cards, each one with one more card than the last. She flipped the top card of each column face up, and started to move them around systematically.

It didn't take long for her to realize that Peter had addressed her and she forgot to respond. "Oh, sorry Peter. I got a little distracted. Hey."

Edited by Curly Brace

As Vale headed inside the inn with Wolfgang he gazed at the people already inside and pondered how he might get along with them later. He'd have to introduce himself at some point. He considered Wolfgang's offer again; he was eager to accept it, but wondered how this Sheikah might react to him. Would they trust him after the circumstances of his introduction? He always believed first impressions were important, even if he never always applied that rule to himself. He looked towards the bar and his mind wandered again when he saw the girl he handled earlier; he had recited apologies in his head but didn't know how he'd execute any of them. It'd be easier if I act nonchalant about it, he thought, but if she approaches me I'll have to have something to say in mind I suppose. He shrugged to himself. As usual he had no idea what was going on.

"So, Wolfgang, when did you want to introduce me to your commander?" he asked as he sat down, "I'd like to take up your offer and travel with you guys. I know my entrance wasn't that great, so I'll understand if the rest of you don't trust me, but I'm glad I was able to help anyhow." He twirled a lock of his hair while pondering whether he should drink or not. It seemed like a good idea.

Man, maybe I should grow my hair longer, like him. Its already kind of long but not as long as his. And what is up with Melanie and the other girl, they seem flustered. Oh well.

Wolfgang shrugged, and then replied to Vale, " Oh, speaking of the boss, she's right over there, sitting next to... Declan. Wow, he's not in a foul mood...and I guess he's drinking too much. Hmmm... maybe we should go to their table, I'll introduce you to her. I mean I guess if she was ok with taking me into her group, I'm sure she would accept you."

Declan, you hypocrite! You can't even handle yourself while drinking, I see you're quick to criticize others. Hmph, what an ass. Wolfgang thought to himself as the two went to Sheikah's table.

"Commander, this is Vale, a wandering mercenary looking for a job that I met in the last battle. I'm guessing you already saw him fight earlier? He says he wants to join the mercenaries, right Vale?" Wolfgang said to Sheikah, then turning towards Vale and nodding.

Edited by Bluedoom