Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

He nodded back to Wolfgang and then to Sheikah. "Yes! That is correct. If you would have me, I would like to be part of your mercenary group for a while. I'm trained primarily in the sword and specialize in being quick and hard-hitting." Meanwhile, whoever this Declan was only made drinking look like an even better idea.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hmm? No, I didn't see him earlier. Was he closer to the north? Well, no matter. Vale, then? If you were willing to help out earlier, then I'd be okay with you going with us now. Don't go too far, I'll be addressing everyone when they gather here. We can talk specifics later." Sheikah fiddled with her ponytail a bit awkwardly as she spoke.

Magali certainly didn't expect the hug, but it was a sign the girl was getting over it alright. She just wanted things to calm down again, at that point. "Don't worry, it's in the past. I'm not used to talk about this either, so." She took a deep breath to suppress her worries, if anything did the most harm, it was her being paranoid to begin with. "It's ok to make mistakes, and you don't need to apologize for that."

She looked back to the inn's entrance, but she wasn't feeling up to getting back for now. "I think I'll stay outside for a while, you can go inside and talk to the others if you like... don't worry about it anymore." She almost bit her lip, but turned her head to look at the sky instead. Just need to let it go...

Still feeling like it was mostly her fault, despite Magali saying it was alright, she held back any more apologies as she'd been told in the past that doing so continuously could get quite annoying. Especially after someone said to stop. Melanie nodded and leaned back against the wall. When Magali said she could go back inside, she shook her head. "Since you 'ave been so nice to me, I do not want to leave you alone. You deserve someone to 'elp you wis your problems too, non? Unless you want to be alone. Zen I will leave. Sinking about eet, you probablement don't want me 'ere of all ze people while you...réfléchir."

Magali glanced at the girl. "... I don't know, I just like taking my time when a lot happens. It helps me... well, not become like I did." She frowns a bit, and leans over the wall. "It's not good to become nervous about everything." She sighs.

"Ben, I did not take you for un inquiet, Magali." Mel thought for a moment, wondering if she had any sage advice hidden in the back pocket of her mind. "Bien... When I was upset, mon père would always tell me to find a 'appy memory to sink about. Somesing zat would cheer me up." She offered the older woman a smile. "You 'ave lived longer zen me, and you seem to 'ave 'ad a far better life. Peut-être you could find somesing..." It was worth a shot to mention. "Oh, you do not 'ave to say eet, juste to clarifier. Juste, ehm... Penser. Think about eet."

"You can only be so confident when you leave home on you own, hmm? Well, I'd say I'm much better at it right now." She entertained the tought, and closed her eyes. "Yeah... thank you."

"I 'ad to learn zat lesson far too early, I sink," Mel added, but didn't frown, as neither of them needed to visit sadness again today. As Magali thanked her, Mel started to beam, nodding without saying anything. Just that she'd been able to help someone cheer up was enough for her.

"I suppose you could call them my friends," Lugos told Ivan. Sure he didn't know all of them the best but those were just minor details. "You'd have to talk to my boss about joining up with us. She'd probably say yes either way but asking is a good idea." Despite telling Ivan this, Lugos realized he had no idea where to direct the man. The things I get myself into... "Say, you wanna hop up on my wyvern? It'll be faster than walking at least." And I'll hopefully be able to find Sheikah or someone who knows where she is.

Boss? Who would boss of dark lord be? Ivan held tongue. Dark lord was being quite courteous, surprise Ivan.

"Ivan never rode wyvern. But he try."

Ivan walked over to wyvern, and trying to climb up, with more than most difficulty.

Of course it wouldn't be that easy, Lugos thought as he watched Ivan try to climb onto Kralle's back, gabbing Ivan's arm during one of the man attempts and hoisting him the rest of the way up with much difficulty. "I hope you're not afraid of heights," was all the warning Lugos gave before directing Kralle into the air. Once in the air Lugos kept on the lookout for any of the mercs, eventually spotting Melanie and Magali just outside the inn. "Hey have either of you seen the boss? This guy," he pointed at Ivan, "want to join up with us."

"Um? Oh hello." Magali opened her eyes to see the wyvern riding mage with a new face. "She's inside." She gestured to the inn. "Wants to join, hm? Was he around when the battle started?" Magali said, a bit puzzled that a man would want to join their group so soon after the battlefield that the town had become.

Taima shrugged. "Not the time to be drinking anyways. Still morning. And after that surprise this morning, don't want to risk being unprepared for another one. You know what I mean?" She grinned at him and then turned to Diana. "Hey, wanna let us in on the fun? Why not deal out a game that all of us can play?"

Mel sort of wanted to pet the lizard she'd sat on before, but decided to join in on answering questions instead. "Oui, she ees inside. She did not seem very 'appy, zough... Per'aps ze battle ees still on 'er mind." Mel looked at Ivan, blinking a few times. "'E looks funny." She decided that blue hair was a funny hair color, when paired with the man's ensemble.

Edited by I have opinions

"Oh, thanks," Lugos told the pair, though he frowned slightly when Melanie mentioned Sheikah was upset. "He was certainly... 'around'," Lugos said with a awkward laugh. Nonetheless he still motioned for Ivan to follow him inside. "Come on Ivan, I'll introduce you."

Diana heard Taima's request. Oh bother. That's not something I can do... "Well... I..." Diana stammered over her reply. "I don't really know any?" Diana looked away as she spoke.

Edited by Curly Brace

"... Oh. Well... here! Let me teach you a game then. If you don't mind." Without taking the deck, Taima quickly explained the rules to this universes version of Gin Rummy. "You can bet on it, but it's better to just play for fun, I've found. Interested? There are other games I could explain too though. Or I could let you play your card game."

Peter let Taima explain the rules of the game. He wasn't particularly good at it, but it helped to pass the time. "It's Diana's call, but that sounds like fun. Not interested in betting money, though - bragging rights are more than enough!"

"Oh, thanks," Lugos told the pair, though he frowned slightly when Melanie mentioned Sheikah was upset. "He was certainly... 'around'," Lugos said with a awkward laugh. Nonetheless he still motioned for Ivan to follow him inside. "Come on Ivan, I'll introduce you."

Ivan at least thankful dark lord not make him freefall for the fun.

Ivan watch as a couple of The Harbinger's friends spoke to him, he wonder what say.

"I am Ivan! I pledge allegience to thunder god, the dark one! Ivan have quick hands, can be help." Ivan was little louder than attended, was nervous. Ivan also noticed no-one ask him introduce himself yet. A blunder!

Edited by Tryhard

After a while of silent thought, Sheikah seemed to have decided upon a course of action. Sort of. "Okay, I'm tired of waiting around. I'm going to get everyone so we can talk this over, finally. I won't be long."

And she wasn't long, the rest of the group assembling within minutes, arriving last herself. Joining her was a woman of average height and short blonde hair, wearing a dark violet dress with white gloves and black heels, although Sheikah hadn't explained why she was here yet. The boss glanced around at the group, she spotted another new face. "Are you with us?" she asked Ivan. "No, details like that that can wait, we've been delayed enough. Alright, we've got some options. I talked to the shaman we captured after the battle to try and see what he'd tell me about who he was with. Seems like they're part of a larger group based somewhere sorta around here- deep in the woods, and they've got a connection with monsters he didn't talk more about. Maybe he doesn't know as much because of lower rank, maybe he was just being obstinate, wouldn't say a thing about 'em. He doesn't totally know how the workings of the higher-ups go, but their leader is named Regus, and the person in charge of attacking Ardiera was Kreug, who Lugos killed." She paused, catching her breath a bit. "This is Nora. She was being kept captive by Kreug in the house when I got there and didn't realize she could've got out earlier. She can explain things better than I can from here."

Nora cleared her throat before speaking up. "I am Nora Deriyenn, a noble of sorts from Bonvale. Regus and I have somewhat of a history- he has sent assassins after me and other nobles several times, and while I have been fortunate enough to survive them due to my own guard, we can take little action due to difficulty of locating him until now, and we cannot afford to divert the few soldiers we have when Angala has been such a menace. I moved to Ardiera just recently to try and avoid this sort of fate, but it seems that he has located me already. This is the first time where an attempt on my life was not made immediately- his reasoning is beyond me. What I would ask of you is to find and locate him in this base now that it has been located. You proved to be proficient combatants this day already from what I witnessed, and I can assure you I am able to reward each one of you handsomely for this sort of assistance."

Sheikah waited for a bit until she resumed her speech. "So that's her story. We can choose to pursue that. The other main option, of course, is to continue working with the Irskan army against Angala. Well... I'd have to renew our contract. Dervas was a bit skeptical of a group full of people who hadn't worked together at all, but I'd think we'd have proved ourself enough for that to not be a concern. I didn't really know which to go with, which is why I'm asking you guys on your thoughts. Which will it be? I think we can count on the effects of both this... cult or sorts and Angala being notable, either way we go, but obviously which we choose to pursue will have more focus."

Despite enjoying the outside, they had all been gathered inside, for some reason or another. That reason was soon explained as the woman in red, Nora, talked about attacks on her life. "Assassinat?" Melanie said under her breath. She didn't find it too hard to believe, she'd had perfectly good experience with those trying to take lives for no reason --or at least no known reason--, but that still didn't make it anymore comfortable. She raised her hand as if this was some sort of classroom, going to speak anyway. "I sink we should try and find zis Regus. Not only do I sink zat miss Nora, 'ere, does not need ze stress of 'er life being under attack, but I can not sit around whilst zese fous try to mess wis ze monstres. Nossing good will come of zat." She finished with gusto, putting her hand down and taking a few steps back. "Ehm, sorry... Eet juste 'its a little bit close to 'ome."

Declan was still deep in thought - with a little bit of alcohol still swimming around in his head. He glanced over the group as a whole, then stepped out for a moment to get a bit of fresh air - something that he'd been lacking since joining up with these mercenaries, due to all the dead bodies they'd make to befoul the stench wherever they went.

The gathering was sudden, but the expository tale told by the noblewoman had put Magali's head back to work. "I find pursuing Regus will be fine, too. I'm sure the war will have a lot of attention as it is, but a cult that's pursuing nobles could be hiding quite a big matter." Besides, they're working with those foul monsters. "Since they're targetting the nobles, I don't think they're up to something small, either. Perhaps they're planning something as big as the war."

Having finished reading her book (Artemis uses Skill Book), Artemis had nothing better to do than to pay attention to Nora's plight. Apparently the noble was being hunted down by assassins who were involved with the earlier attack on the town. The same ones who were working with monsters. Compared to their other option, which was continuing the war on Angala, her vote was obvious. "I agree with the other two, we should help Nora. I don't think this decision should hinge on whether or not these people are controlling monsters or how big the reward is. Maybe this is just my belief, but I'd rather help someone who is in need of it than fight a meaningless war," Artemis concluded, having pointed out her thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Refa

Peter looked up from his hand. "They're probably going to be less-than-happy about the death of one of their own," he mused. "Might as well get paid by the well-dressed lady to make sure they don't backstab us." He turned his attention back to the cards. Gah, nothing. As usual, the cards do not smile upon me.