Personal Favorite Ests

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that most of the people here don't know who the actual Est characters are... :lol:

Oh, and Pelleas is mine.

Well, does she fit the archetype? Katarina is an Est, the Wiki says so :P

Which is funny, as I have the list of Ests open in another tab, and Katarina isn't mentioned...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I never really considered Farina an Est since her starting chapter is so favourable for her and she's already level 12, underleveled but not too underpowered to train quickly. The next few chapters just hand her exp too... Farina is a breeze to train compared to Nino.

L'arachel is my favourite mega underleveled unit to train. Pelleas is fun too, since he has his own semi-personal siege tome in Fenrir (Lehran pretty much doesn't exist) and he gets two of them.

It would seem that most of the people here don't know who the actual Est characters are... :lol:

Oh, and Pelleas is mine.

Which is funny, as I have the list of Ests open in another tab, and Katarina isn't mentioned...

I'm looking at this

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Archetype

scroll down to Est and you'll find it says Katarina. Besides, her growths, bases and jointime screams Est.

I consider Pelleas and Kurthnaga as Ests because they join pretty late with mediocre stats but turn out to be great in the end.

I also like Tiltyu and would use her more if not for her 5 mov. Corple/Sharlow are worth it too, can't have enough staff users in FE4, especially if their rank is high (in Corple's case, he may even be able to ressurrect a fallen character, but chances are this didn't happen with the player)

Gaiden!Est. She joins late, but she gets to promotion very quickly because of mummies. Falcon Knights have great stats and movement and basically OHKO undead units, which makes even a very late one pretty handy to have.

Plus she saved me like 10 turns in a draft because SHE OPENED A DOOR. 10/10

I'm looking at this

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Archetype

scroll down to Est and you'll find it says Katarina. Besides, her growths, bases and jointime screams Est.

Her story screams "Obvious Nino stand in". She's an Est confirmud

Therefore, my favorite Est is Averstsa

Edited by Eradicator Boner

Best Est is definitely Lewyn!Corple.

Search your heart. You know it to be true.

lolcorple

But seriously, I just have no use for a level 1 healer who comes 1 1/2 chapters from the end of the game

the only one i can think of using with any particular regularity is Pelleas. i guess Tiltyu kind of sort of counts too? idk defining FE archetypes has always been pretty arbitrary and i couldn't be bothered agonising over who fits what definition (it never even occurred to me that Tiltyu could be interpreted as one until now)

...wait, the wikia counts Katarina as one? i knew the wikia was extremely inept and all but ahahahahaha oh wow

lolcorple

But seriously, I just have no use for a level 1 healer who comes 1 1/2 chapters from the end of the game

Levin!Corple can use staves and HOLSETY. Of course, Levin!Sety is much better, comes earlier and will do both.

That's why Claude!Corple is better. Can't have enough staffbots, anyway.

Levin!Corple can use staves and HOLSETY. Of course, Levin!Sety is much better, comes earlier and will do both.

But can you really blame me for not seeing any good in Corple? I mean, hey, even if it's "you can deploy everyone" Genealogy of the Holy War, I have limits as to what is and isn't useful, and my definition of "useful" does NOT include a level 1 healer who joins 1 and a half chapters before the end of the game (where I'd already be set in who I am going to use, in all likelihood) AND needs to spam 10 use staves to do much of anything.

the only one i can think of using with any particular regularity is Pelleas. i guess Tiltyu kind of sort of counts too? idk defining FE archetypes has always been pretty arbitrary and i couldn't be bothered agonising over who fits what definition (it never even occurred to me that Tiltyu could be interpreted as one until now)

...wait, the wikia counts Katarina as one? i knew the wikia was extremely inept and all but ahahahahaha oh wow

Yeah, if we're including Katarina as an Est then the conversation doesn't make any sense.

How on earth can you compare a Lvl 3 (or 5) base class unit you acquire in Ch 18 (that's FE11 Est) with a Lvl 7 pre-promote?

And Sharlow has Elite and gets a staff that makes the enemies go nuts. Valkyre!Corple's 30K staff allows you to pull a suicide run on Ishtar in Chapter 10, I guess. Sharlow's 30K staff can at least save you some actual grief by berserking, say Sleep Stave users.

Nino because she is adorable and her supports with Rebecca/Florina/Jaffar are really cute

Ewan because I like to imagine him as a midget shaman/druid who barely reaches the waist of the enemy fighters. That picture always manage to make me giggle.