FE7 Tier 1 Run, Round 1: [Completed]

Elieson

Rules:

Hector Normal Mode (HNM)
No promotion items can be used
Any units that are promoted may not see battle/be deployed
Exception is Hector, who may still exist on the battlefield, since Hector mode
Athos is considered Promoted
Ninian/Nils are not, and therefore can be used.
All units must be recruited
Exception is Karla, because Bartre cannot promote

[spoiler=Planned Unit: Support Breakdown]
Canas {A} Nino
Canas {B} Bartre

Nino {A} Canas
Nino {B} Legault

Bartre {A} Dorcas
Bartre {B} Canas

Farina <A> Florina <B> Fiora <B>

Heath <A> Kent <B> Sain <A> Priscilla <B>

Dart <A> Rebecca <B> Wil <B>

Still crunching numbers, but I should be able to complete this run. My biggest concerns are Morph!Lloyd and Morph!Darin, because I need some serious firepower to burst through them, without getting my ass handed back to me.

Suggestions welcome!

Progress

• Chapter 11, Completed
  • Chapter 12, Blazed through
  • Chapter 13, Successfully Stomped
  • Chapter 13x, Easily Survived
  • Chapter 14, Rushed like a boss
  • Chapter 15, Completed by accident
  • Chapter 16, Beaten
  • Chapter 17, Completed with Pride, met the HAMMER OF LAUS
  • Chapter 17x, Archer Heaven
  • Chapter 18, Beat in my sleep
  • Chapter 19, Done
  • Chapter 19x, Fin~
  • Chapter 20, BLASTED TO PIECES
  • Chapter 21, Critically Killed
  • Chapter 22, Roflstomped
  • Chapter 23x, Crushed
  • Chapter 24, Smashed
  • Chapter 25, Destroyed
  • Chapter 26, Demolished, and on tape!
  • Chapter 27
  • Chapter 27x
  • Chapter 28
Edited by Elieson

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Morphs, try using the Berserk Staff. Warp out Serra with Priscilla. Serra berserks the morph. Priscilla is danced and rescues Serra.

It takes a lot of resources, but I think it'd be hilarious to see it.

At this moment I'm contemplating whether or not to allow Ninils.

Also, with access to S ranks and stats surpassing 20, I say that he does count as a prepromoted unit.

Dancer has 30Spd cap, 24 Def (holy shit, more tanky than unpromoted!Oswin) and 26 Res, OBVIOUSLY promoted units, donut usee.

Canas with Luna will kill everything.

Use Sain, he will likely reach 20 STR which will help kill stuff. Heck, without promoting you could probably get everyone to LV 20 and just use whoever turns out the best.
Use NiNils, its not like they fight stuff. And you may need the special dances.

Eh, I guess I can use Ninils. It's not like they'll see a ton of combat to dodgetank anyway, even if they are extremely extremely blessed in Luk and Spd.

Did some crunching.

Farina is immensely more defensive on average than her sisters. (4 def but still that's pretty big)

Osw1n shatters Wallace at 20 in every stat except luck. How sad. I actually wanted to give the Bald Bull a try.

Raven looks like a decent unit statwise, but swordlock and a crappy affinity/support pool don't give him what I need a fighter to have. I've already got Lyn for swordlock, and Eliwood too at that.

Dorcas is probably going to slow down hard by PFoD, as he normally does.

Speaking of PFoD, since I'm planning to use Dorcas, Bartre, Serra and Priscilla, I will have to really try to grind out healing, if I'm gonna hit Kenneth's chapter

And since we're talking route splits, I'm likely hitting Lloyd because of excessive Lord usage.

Hector being promoted by storyline gave me the option of maintaining supports with him, but unequiping him permanently. This way, he won't see combat, but will be fielded and able to draw a hit here and there, without breaking my rules.

Going to rush most chapters after Dragon's Gate, because except for Farina/Nino, I won't have to really fight for EXP since it goes nowhere.

And some questions for you guys.

Uber Spear + Hammerne = InSain/Osw1n. Should I allow it?

Boots. Who should eat them?

InSain

Why is this the first time I'm seeing this?

Anyway, completely ignoring Hector after promotion seems like a waste. Unfortunately, I can't think of any alternatives that don't also severely limit your usage of him.

Any thoughts on Heath? He looks pretty solid based on his average stats. Dart's basically an axe-locked, unmounted Sain with a slower start. Not sure about supports, but they might be worth looking into.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Heath-Kent-Sain-Priscilla would make a decent support square, but Heath's speed will show up hard late game. My concern is the incredible amounts of Nomad Troopers that run from like 22 onwards. I could give this a shot though and see how it turns out. Not like I'm needing Whips or anything.

Dart-Rebecca-Wil would be my only possible triangle, as Darts other options are prepromos, and he could use all the Hit boosting supports he could get (so he needs supports when prompted enemies start appearing en masse). Not that I overly mind this, but I feel like another inaccurate axeman (Bartre is a must), and two archers is kinda meehhhhhh, considering my alternatives.

I have no idea how to record vids other than FRAPS, so I was going to screencapLP this. I just did a runthrough of beating Wire a few minutes ago though :)

I'd anyone can tips me on the best way to record/post, that'd be sweet, unless FRAPS is fine.

GhgVctN.png

Welcome to The Chronicles of Eliebro, staring me!

Chapter 11

kETtDr0.png

That's terrible!

WouFyMu.png

What a bitch.

mBdvE5C.png

Fucking hell, the narrator just said he doesn't give a shit. Why do you even care?!

ODcteaQ.png

Fine fine. Just so long as you join me in the first battle of the game.

MYw1Uai.png

Or...you could give me a skinny thief >.<

hrONqYi.png

I didn't even have to restart my run one single time, and I got this badass level.

amVPNiP.png

4HaUIuV.png

Obviously he's an assassin sent by Marquess Laos and has nothing to do with this Lord Nergal chump, whoever he is.

ESfKecG.png

Not the level I was expecting, but whatever man.

wa4Ygmv.png

Elibe doesn't have rogues!

rJKUuAd.png

I'm putting that shit in a book and selling it.

Anywho, this will become more detailed as I go along. Chapter 11 is such a chumpy chapter. I just Hand Axe'd my way through. Didn't worry too much about leveling up everyone/killing everything. There will be absolutely no shortage of EXP/WEXP/Gold on this run.

End of Ch11
Unit	Lv.Ex	HP	S/M	Ski	Spd	Luk	Def	Res
Hector	02.47	20	8	5	5	3	8	0
Matthew	03.23	19	5	4	12	3	3	1

Edited by The Protown SK

Updates because Updates

Chapter 12

7aMoyHZ.png

Talk about a line that gets to the fricken point.

5vFnnvA.png

Easy to track that Ginger snob

ZRAN2Gz.png

God damnit it's that annoying B!TCH

7AZUf4e.png

Clearly someone doesn't know their role as a pawn in my life

lKMDkXW.png

So Uther, who vanishes and doesn't give a shit, sends his best man and lolserra to help.

QTMUQa4.png

Coincidentially, I love violence

Mk2av2y.png

I like this line. "Yea yea we got shits to do"

nnGDXfN.png

Pretty much

4yZp82B.png

Yet they still come. Matthew might actually speed things up. inb4 he gains another Res

xaLkdCy.png

Well, can't use this handsome fella

3TG74YY.png

BARTRE SMASH

sGc4lA9.png

Dorcaspeed

Ytr34HX.png

I will never get tired of watching Fighters attack sideways

Ji2ZN6w.png

Wtf I split his head into two pieces?!

EqAVqXU.png

Tips for improving Lowen's Game

2VKGH2F.png

8MiyxY5.png

Kama Sutra. Obviously

WM4l5wW.png

Matthew contributes!

yQdnqZQ.png

And a Hector Level! No Str/Spd...so a shit level

usjFwMH.png

Rebecca blocks an Ax with her face. She did it years before Edward did.

hgtYFqR.png

Yay, a chapter full of shitty levelups!

8hf39CM.png

Matthew dodged this like a boss

ABEh3eH.png

Then he dodged this with 1337hax

4zDmavW.png

Then he fuckin' crits

90vu8Ic.png

And ORKOs this horsebird FUCKING BOSS

xa7h3Ul.png

Oswin does something!

KL0b5C1.png

LqZhyEs.png

Hitrates. F me

UvZ7qAc.png

AT LEAST IT WASN'T JUST SPEED THIS TIME

ateay26.png

On the Bosskill, Bartre gains a fantastic level. Would not restart chapter/10

KZLu48f.png

I'm 25, you moron.

oPEv7Ye.png

Totes worth it.

U4VvMSZ.png

Ending this screencap before Serra comes back onscreen

Eliwood stole Marcus's Iron Sword. Bartre killed Zagan. Sold the Red Gem so I can buy 1~2 gear in the next chapter. Secret Book Get. Uhhh....Not much else to say. I had to restart once because a damn 29% Brigand got lucky on Matthew. Neat levels all around though.

Hector	02.47	20	8	5	5	3	8	0
Matthew	05.15	21	5	5	14	3	3	1
Eliwood	01.60	BASEEEE
Rebecca	01.60	MMMMBASS
Lowen	02.10	ALLYOURBASE
Dorcas	03.77	BASEMODO
Bartre	03.47	30	10	5	4	5	5	0
Oswin	09.50	BAASEEE
Serra	01.88	B-B-B-BASSEEE

Chapter 13
•Many fewer pointless screencaps for your viewing pleasure

JVh0mRZ.png

Awwwww

5Z16NFM.png

Geeeee, as if the past battle didn't already tell us that breaking headline

0GUZInP.png

Oswin gets hired as a Part Time Lumberjack

ijdWQQr.png

I fucking love Fighter strikes

OSjSmUF.png

A fine dodge

4Kkw4Ex.png

An equally fine hit

pyVKkt1.png

UPW5R0c.png

I'm a witch, I invented land mines, Ka-Boom! Hard to believe she's made it this far in life without blowing herself up.

baV6K2S.png

Rebecca gains a somewhat decent level I guess?

odB8lZM.png

Meanwhile, Hector forgets how to build his muscles and instead opts for cardio boost. Huzzah!

Td4Fss7.png

Matthew Level

9HIjwbe.png

I'm counting on Eliwood to be a Str cap'd Monster. This isn't reassuring me.

V9trqQz.png

BARTRE THE DOUBLER HOLY HELL

qFZFp2C.png

AND ANOTHER SPEED. I support this

ML182dQ.png

Eliwood narrowly survives an onslaught from Guy the guy, and dishes out a tiny hit of his own.

pTs1WLw.png

Dorcas is standing on the forest just north of Boeis's castle, fyi

GQodtCt.png

ugh

tQ4ZHWn.png

Mag is always good. Mag/Spd/Def though? Yes!

qxX8MFY.png

Aaaaand Hector's done gaining speed for the day.

Not shown is the purchase of an Iron Sword, 3 Hand Axes, and a Javelin. A bit of trade shuffling gave Guy the Iron Sword that Eliwood stole from Marcus during 12, so I had to replace it. Lowen can hold a Javelin just in case. Hand Axes because Hector is blowing through his, and Dorcas needs one. I really should've bought an Iron Axe for Hector last chapter. Oh well. Also, Merlinus (duh). Oswin and Dorcas took the whole Western route by themselves. Dorcas did all the work though; Oswin only threw one Javelin.

I'm looking at Guy and thinking "Damn, his speed sure is sexy", but his Con of 5 means that everything weighs him down. Matthew might be better due to simply being able to handle heavier gear.

Hector	05.79	23	9	6	6	5	11	1
Matthew	06.19	22	5	5	15	3	3	1
Eliwood	02.87	18	5	5	7	7	6	0
Rebecca	02.44	18	4	4	6	5	3	2
Lowen	02.76	BAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEE
Dorcas	04.70	31	7	7	6	3	3	0
Bartre	04.60	31	11	5	5	5	6	0
Oswin	09.61	28	13	9	5	3	13	3
Serra	02.44	17	3	5	9	7	3	5
Guy	03.10	BAAAAASSSSEEEEEE

Edited by The Protown SK

I have no idea how to record vids other than FRAPS, so I was going to screencapLP this. I just did a runthrough of beating Wire a few minutes ago though :)

I'd anyone can tips me on the best way to record/post, that'd be sweet, unless FRAPS is fine.

I do my recording of my LP's and streams with Bandicam, then I edit my content with Sony Vegas (other free video editing software is out here besides Vegas) to make sure that my voice and game volume is balanced perfectly. It also allows me to be more flexible with what I wish to do with my videos.

Bandicam also has much smaller file sizes than FRAPS with still great quality if you place the settings correctly.

All Matt wants to learn is Speed!!!!

and lolDorcas lvl HP only, how typical ><

Edited by N7 Average Azn

I'll give it a shot. My biggest problem with FRAPS is the immense filesize that its videos create, so an alternative would be rather pleasant.

Also, I took a look at Dart v Bartre v Dorcas. Dart's speed is surprisingly higher than I expected it to be in comparison to the others, and his durability is pretty equal to the other two. I may end up dropping Dorcas and replacing him with Dart. Dorcas isn't that key in my support system for lategame anyway, and Dart can probably fit in decently with Rebecca.

Interestingly enough, Dart's brother Wil has less support connection than Rebecca. Dart + Rebecca both pull a fire support on eachother, which is the best affinity next to Light (lol Florina is the only Light I can use), so I may end up giving the Dart X Rebecca X Wil triangle a go. It'll slow me down, what with them all being 5 MOV units, but they all boost eachother's attack, accuracy and avoid to the max. I really can't squeeze Farina into the triangle (despite her being so late anyway), and the other options are pretty weak with the exception of maaaayyyybe Kent (not like he fits in that well too)

Another look at Heath puts him as a pretty fair unit in comparison to Farina, sacrificing HP for Spd with the latter. Heath/Pris/Sain/Kent seems like a formidable square since they all have equal Mov, so they'll all be charging (also, pretty decent weapon coverage with a Lancereaver). It's probably a better chain to work with, since Eliwood is likely to be screwed on average, and that means I can function better overall despite having a force-deployment of Eliwood.

Dunno how Oswin will fit in with his 19 Def, fits a pretty nice niche. Having my entire team below 45 HP might call for an Oswin tank. He'll have Serra to himself at least, and can probably get C with Hector for one extra Def. We'll see how that goes.

FRAPS is terribad compared to Bandicam. Bandicam also has a 10 min free recording mode, so you can test it out with full quality with 10 mins/vid to see if it works for you.

Here's a link also to help with making Bandicam file size efficient as well.

http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/vfw-x264-xvid-divx-h264-codec/

Also, good luck with the run! You've sure have given a lot of thought into this since you can't use promoted units.

I was never really good with planning out my supports chains in FE, I usually just go on without them if I'm not grinding for supports. That's what I'm doing for my blind Lyn/Hector HM LP/Stream, supports make it too easy when you don't have promotion restrictions. >D

Why are you using Lyn? She's going to be really terrible lategame without promo. Yeah supports, but let's face it, nobody in her support square is going to be a boss-killer. Same with Eliwood; I find he doesn't pick up until after promo. I don't expect Florina to be very good combat-wise either, though she'll probably have utility uses. Same with Fiora.

I would give Canas any Energy Rings (do you even get any in HNM?) and Sain any Speedwings. They're probably your best boss-killing bets, with Luna/good offence. Personally I'd also use Raven because I'm pretty sure he'd have the best STR/SPD combo at 20 out of all units, and he can also slot in for a triangle with Priscilla and Lucius (whom I'd also consider using btw- no Luna or Nosferatanking like Canas but he pulls quite good MAG/SPD).

If you're going to use all three sisters; I'd just have them support each other. Giving a support to Hector is kind of useless since by the time he really wants it, he's going to be off-limits. Also then you can TRIANGLE ATTACK.

Why are you using Lyn? She's going to be really terrible lategame without promo. Yeah supports, but let's face it, nobody in her support square is going to be a boss-killer. Same with Eliwood; I find he doesn't pick up until after promo. I don't expect Florina to be very good combat-wise either, though she'll probably have utility uses. Same with Fiora.

I would give Canas any Energy Rings (do you even get any in HNM?) and Sain any Speedwings. They're probably your best boss-killing bets, with Luna/good offence. Personally I'd also use Raven because I'm pretty sure he'd have the best STR/SPD combo at 20 out of all units, and he can also slot in for a triangle with Priscilla and Lucius (whom I'd also consider using btw- no Luna or Nosferatanking like Canas but he pulls quite good MAG/SPD).

If you're going to use all three sisters; I'd just have them support each other. Giving a support to Hector is kind of useless since by the time he really wants it, he's going to be off-limits. Also then you can TRIANGLE ATTACK.

I assume the reason why he's using Lyn and Eliwood is because they're forced into the last chapter anyway, and might as well have a lvl 20 Lyn+Eliwood than ones that aren't max lvl.

But the triangle attack guaranteed crit would be a great asset to have for being handicapped so much

Yea Luna is the obvious plan for lategame, hence the BartreNino. If I can stick a crit dance on him, I should have no problem.

Triangle attack is something I completely forgot about. That gives the sisters a good chunk of offense against bosses that I would rush, like Limstella and Ephidel.

I considered the Raven Lucius Priscilla trinity but it's a paperthin trio. Priscilla will be OHKO'd by just about everything lategame, and I don't know if Lucius/Raven will be able to keep her safe. If she's in the square with Kent, Sain and Heath, she has better protection to work with. No one will cap hp over 45 without robes, and Priscilla will be lucky to hit 25 hp herself.

Raven is still a solid unit statwise, but swordlock will hurt bad late game unless I buy a metric ton of Lancereavers (which may not be a bad idea).

The reason for Eli/Lyn support is because they're forced so often anyway, and both have effective weaponry to hit Nomad Troopers and the ever so popular Cavalier with.

Edit

Uber Spear Triangle attack is neat. Does Brave Triangle attack strike twice?

Edited by The Protown SK

This is looking mighty interesting. Also, I'm not sure why you mentioned Limstella since it looks like you can't surround her, and Ephidel because... yeah.

You can tell it's been a while since I've played.

Sisters Triangle might actually be supreme in Light against Uhai and Ursula

Sisters Triangle might actually be supreme in Light against Uhai and Ursula

That, I can agree on. But what about the brothers Reed? They're the main ones I'm worried about.