FE7 Tier 1 Run, Round 1: [Completed]

Elieson

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT

OK, Planned out my future support patterns and chapter access.

Going to 24A and 27B (Linus and Jerme). Fighting an Immobile Lloyd will be a huge help for me, even if it is in Cog. Also, Jerme's chapter has the Bolting that I can make extremely useful with Nino. I miss out on a Speedwings for Canas, but it seems like I will do just fine with 2 Body Rings, and I can still get 2 Speedwings for him from chapters 28x and 30. That means actually using Eliwood and Lyn before chapter 24, the AGONY.

Also, I plan on taking advantage of Hammerne a bit better in Final. With as powerful as Nino!Bolting is, I might pump her with Filla's Might or Thor's Ire, and Hammerne the Bolting once during the battle. I can only get one Eclipse in HHM, but Nino seems more capable with Bolting crits than Eclipse's shifty hitrates.

As far as supports go, I've planned a restructuring based on the success of things like Oswin/Dorcas, as well as boosting Eliwood's offensive capabilities with Durandal. I plan on using him much more in the coming challenge, and based on his Str growth, he'll shine with a full Lyn support and Hector for crit; at least in Final and any other chapter in which all 3 lords are forced. I will be grinding these supports as early as possible/convenient.

Revised Support Breakdown

Hector - A - Oswin

Hector - B - Eliwood

Eliwood - A - Lyn

Eliwood - B - Hector

Lyn - A - Eliwood

Lyn - B - Wil

Oswin - A - Hector

Oswin - B - Dorcas

Dorcas - A - Bartre

Dorcas - B - Oswin

Bartre - A - Dorcas

Bartre - B - Canas

Canas - A - Nino

Canas - B - Bartre

Nino - A - Canas

Nino - B - ??

Sain - A - Kent

Sain - B - Priscilla

Kent - A - Sain

Kent - B - Heath

Priscilla - A - Heath

Priscilla - B - Sain

Heath - A - Priscilla

Heath - B - Kent

Florina - B* - Farina

Florina - B - Fiora

Fiora - B* - Farina

Fiora - B - Florina

Farina - B* - Fiora

Farina - B - Florina

*Whichever sister has the lowest str will not get A rank'd with their sister*

I don't have a plan set for Lyn and Nino's B supports. I might have Nino work with Rebecca, and Lyn with Wil. If Florina doesn't get to A-rank with either sister, I'll give her a C support with Nino (for a +1 Atk and +5 Crit/Accuracy, it'll help with Bolting).

I also don't plan on touching the Arenas. Seems like I can do plenty fine with the incredible amount of cash earned from selling promo items, and I had such a surplus of equipment and money by game end that I know I can be more attentive to my funds and be just fine.

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT

OK, Planned out my future support patterns and chapter access.

Going to 24A and 27B (Linus and Jerme). Fighting an Immobile Lloyd will be a huge help for me, even if it is in Cog.

Lloyd moves in HHM.

Also regarding Canas. I'm contemplating giving him the Afa's Drops instead of Nino. To survive Dragon's 39 DMG, he needs to proc 5 HP out of his 12 levels, and the more Mag and Speed he can get, the better. I don't really need him prior to 23x for anything significant (except for maybe the Desert, and I have three fliers for that

**P.Edit

ZM my only concern is that deploying Rebecca with Nino that late in the game is going to be a challenge due to having at least 6 mounted units plus a healer sucking up my deployment slots. I'm questioning the likelyhood of Rebecca seeing Nino after 28x at all (I'm probably exaggerating this though, and I'll find that out later). Wil/Lyn though would probably work since they're both being deployed in their recruitment chapter, the next one, possibly Port Badon, and Dread Isle bits.

Edited by Elieson

Lloyd moves in HHM.

What's his movement pattern in Cog? Does he only aggro if I'm in his range? Also, I'm not competing with FoW, which is a benefit.

(speaking of Cog, I should be able to get Warp)

What's his movement pattern in Cog? Does he only aggro if I'm in his range? Also, I'm not competing with FoW, which is a benefit.

(speaking of Cog, I should be able to get Warp)

Lloyd and Linus do not move at all in Cog of Desinty. I know that Lloyd only starts moving around after you speak to him with Nino. I have not played Linus's chapter to recall if he moved or not in the earlier chapter you face him at. I thought he did on hard mode. Maybe that was EHM instead.

Chapter 32 is always going to be a nightmare. I don't know how I'll handle that in the future. Lloyd v1, I think I can handle if I run Dorcas and Bartre with Swordreavers, maybe Dart too. That was a bad move on my part. I'd like to try to get v Linus on my next attempt, if only to have his map to play in and save Lloyd for Cog of Destiny, so he'll be sitting on the throne and immobile.

I'm happy with how many units turned out, and disappointed in others. Kent and Raven were real let downs. Farina was just tanky enough to remain largely useful, with her Def lead over her sisters. The Triangle Attack is all too valuable, and their circle of crit is hard to pass up via supports. Heath was very useful while he was around, but suffered from Deployment Drop in Final. If I had an extra slot, I'm certain that he would've gone in. Oswin and Dorcas did well as a team, and with their A support, were able to burst through lategame with such incredible ease.

Bows aren't that necessary. They're a luxury, especially Longbows. I might rework things so that Lyn and Wil have support with eachother, if only to give Wil some extra firepower when Lyn is forced in earlier chapters, primarily with a Longbow. I won't shrug the Brave Bow either, because I'm not deploying archers lategame unless I have to.

Sadly, Brave Sword users are not what I hoped they'd be. I'm limitted to the Cavs (who are flippy), the Lords (who just outright drop in usefulness due to existing in lanceland for just too darn long), Raven (who has a crappy affinity), and Guy (who has to get seriously blessed in Str to be usable lategame). I might try for Sain as an A-sword user for chapters after PFoD, if only to take advantage of his decent speed and Brave Sword use. Either him or Lowen. The others just won't cut it by that time.

I found it hilarious how much resistance you ended up procuring through all of that lol

Brave weapon usage is going to be really critical I think for taking down the late game magic users and enemies in general. So, I think its worth while to field at least one bow user. Rath to me being the best candidate with being able to ferry anyway, low terrain cost for a mount, and gets 50% str and 50% spd growth which is really all you need. Plus, he starts with C rank bows which is very close to start using B for the brave bow. He basically has no supports though and not the greatest affinity.

I would lean towards Sain for a brave sword user. Mount, supports, very reliable strength growth, and decent con. Plus, enough time to train him to B swords. I would avoid Lowen because his strength at lv 20 is 12.4 while Sain averages 19.X. 14 damage makes a huge difference. And Lowen is not really doing anything better than Sain other than +1 con.

Plus, pegasus trio with supports all around will make easy work of Victory or Death and Cog of Destiny.

Would anyone be interested in following a LP of this in HHM? Any suggestions/changes you'd like to see me make in either game flow and/or process? I'm open to all options, but I refuse to be a bore!

Obviously, I would like to see you go through the HHM run :p,

Edited by Eri

IIRC, Linus agros if Nino attacks him, probably the same as Lloyd.

As for Nino's support, unless you really want someone for final, maybe you could go with Merlinus? Other than that, Florina would probably be the best bet for a C, as she'll probably be getting deployed and she'll probably have the lowest strength of the sisters. I could see Rebecca being useful, but like you said, her getting deployed is iffy. I'm not seeing Erk being useful between his meh growths and Nino making him redundant, and Legault probably won't be getting deployed much as he's only useful for thievery (not to mention his affinity wouldn't be terribly useful).

For the lords, you could use the Ninis' Grace trick to AA them up to 20 in A New Resolve. Hector shouldn't be much of an issue, but it'd definitely help Lyn and Eliwood.

Edited by bottlegnomes

IIRC, Linus agros if Nino attacks him, probably the same as Lloyd.

As for Nino's support, unless you really want someone for final, maybe you could go with Merlinus? Other than that, Florina would probably be the best bet for a C, as she'll probably be getting deployed and she'll probably have the lowest strength of the sisters. I could see Rebecca being useful, but like you said, her getting deployed is iffy. I'm not seeing Erk being useful between his meh growths and Nino making him redundant, and Legault probably won't be getting deployed much as he's only useful for thievery (not to mention his affinity wouldn't be terribly useful).

For the lords, you could use the Ninis' Grace trick to AA them up to 20 in A New Resolve. Hector wouldn't be much of an issue, but it'd definitely help Lyn and Eliwood.

I am surprised to hear recommendations for Rebecca getting deployed. Are supports that beneficial to you for here deployment? I would think that after you reach chapter 15 see is not very useful anymore. Plus, Lucius would make a better two range unit than Rebecca long term.

Even using Ninis' Grace and rescue chaining I remember she still had a hard time surviving and actually killing anything once you got to that lv 18-20 range in the arean. Those Wyvern's, knights, and cavaliers

Also regarding Canas. I'm contemplating giving him the Afa's Drops instead of Nino. To survive Dragon's 39 DMG, he needs to proc 5 HP out of his 12 levels, and the more Mag and Speed he can get, the better. I don't really need him prior to 23x for anything significant (except for maybe the Desert, and I have three fliers for that

**P.Edit

ZM my only concern is that deploying Rebecca with Nino that late in the game is going to be a challenge due to having at least 6 mounted units plus a healer sucking up my deployment slots. I'm questioning the likelyhood of Rebecca seeing Nino after 28x at all (I'm probably exaggerating this though, and I'll find that out later). Wil/Lyn though would probably work since they're both being deployed in their recruitment chapter, the next one, possibly Port Badon, and Dread Isle bits.

On average, afa drops over 12 levels is like a 0.6 gain in any stat. I think it would be more useful for Nino to make sure she stays exceptional for Final. As I said, Rath and Brave Bow before :D Accuracy, evasion, and +1 attack from B support between Rath/Lyn.

Edited by Eri

So yeah... As to Cog!Lloyd... What are you gonna do about him? He'll be hard to pin down while on the throne...

IIRC he still had a Light Brand in Cog.

If he's aggro, Bait with Pris!Pure Water/Nini's Grace, then Uber spear Triangle attack+Canas!Luna with proper supports and/or Swordreaver.

If not, then no Baiting. Canas!Pure Water will still be usable if locked to 2 range Combat.

Also, New Resolve would be a good spot to train Lyn, though Wil!Lyn will fair decently in her second chapter with Mani Katti usage against the Cav reinforcements. She should have B with Wil by then, and probably Eliwood too. E

Edited by Elieson

IIRC he still had a Light Brand in Cog.

If he's aggro, Bait with Pris!Pure Water/Nini's Grace, then Uber spear Triangle attack+Canas!Luna with proper supports and/or Swordreaver.

If not, then no Baiting. Canas!Pure Water will still be usable if locked to 2 range Combat.

He doesn't aggro unless Nino talks to him, IIRC.

yeah you can get lloyd off the throne by talking with nino, but he won't attack nino

linus is the same but he will attack nino, so if you just lure lloyd away, you should be able to kill him over the course of one player phase

Rolling through, I ran into a strange situation. I had Matthew on a forest dodgetanking Zagan, and now Zagan is at 4 HP. I had Matthew run away, and Zagan isn't moving. Currently grinding supports for Eliwood/Hector, Bartre<>Dorcas<>Oswin and I realized Matthew/Serra can support, as well as Rebecca/Lowen. I'll grind them up a little bit while I'm doing this, because any added offense for Rebecca and defense for Matthew will be appreciated early on.

I figure that at least a B support (if not A) between Lowen and Rebecca will be more advantageous for early on activity, versus saving her for Sain, Wil or Dart later on. Nino might still need her, so I won't worry about reaching A with Lowen because Nino at best can only provide Rebecca with B support.

Matthew x Serra. Well, Serra's affinity isn't helping anyone in her support pool in a significant way aside from a crit bonus on Sain or maybe Erk (a stretch).

Edited by Elieson

Actually, I'll try to roll a:

Matthew - A - Guy

Matthew - B - Serra

Guy - A - Matthew

Guy - B - Rath

Serra - A - Erk or Lucius

Serra - B - Matthew

Rath - B - Maybe Wil?

Rath - B - Guy

So yeah... As to Cog!Lloyd... What are you gonna do about him? He'll be hard to pin down while on the throne...

1) Waste all light brand uses at two range with high resistance unit (no critical to worry about).

2) Talk with nino to get him off the throne.

Non-low turn count strategies lol

Edited by Eri

Wil and Rath don't have very good support bonuses, IIRC. Rath prefers Guy and Lyn (though she's booked), and Wil prefers Dart, Lyn, and Rebecca. Though maybe try out Rath/Wil. Something good could come out of it, since I don't remember much about it.

Tbh I'm probably not doing /that much/ with Rath. When I get him, I'm:

Busy training 3 fliers

Training Lords and possibly both healers for comparison purposes

Probably not deploying Wil for any significant reason, much less Dart and Rebecca and Lowen.

Eh, lyn is also A supporting Eliwood so for her it's either B Wil or B Rath, and Wil makes it easier to train her, what with Wind > Dark.

1) Waste all light brand uses at two range with high resistance unit (no critical to worry about).

2) Talk with nino to get him off the throne.

Non-low turn count strategies lol

IIRC, once Nino talks to him, he'll only move if he can attack, so that won't do.