• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 32x: Kishuna Grows a Pair

3queT6O.png

Literally, Minecraft is happening

0Jf8nzD.png

This sounds like a good idea. Oh look, a building just built itself. Let's go inside, it can't be dangerous, right?

KDotzJT.png

The thing we killed in 19x and tried to kill under the Desert... Eliderp...oh wait, you weren't deployed, nvm

1cDxS6E.png

sxZc8P9.png

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS CHAPTER, THANK YOU SERRA

aqMR24l.png

vPUQYMI.png

UC6TK0Y.png

Dorcas x Oswin best duo

iHLOSUf.png

Oh yea, forgot she wasn't cap'd too.

CdlO1Eb.png

The best enemy in the chapter, and his weapon sucks

J8eVs4X.png

gDVFRdZ.png

If there was a bench for weaponry, these would be the first ones on it

MmaYVI3.png

ZERO DAMEGE LIEK OMGZOZRZ

a602reV.png

Loloops

d9j2HAh.png

Thank god

Ev0Ymbf.png

wait a second

*Earlier in that chapter*

KDotzJT.png

God...I'm working with idiots.

The entire point of this chapter was to Hammerne the Uber Spear. Dorcas and Oswin just burned out extra Killer Lance/Axes that I had in storage. I still have a shit ton of em.

AND NOW, I TAKE ON THE WORLD

HDuWLkw.png

Darnit, I made it all the way to Dragon and screwed up. I thought Fortify healed all units in range for Full HP and didn't doublecheck Canas.

Oh well. I figured out a new tactic anyway to take on the Reed Brothers.

Also true story. Eclipse and all Status Staves are in Single Digit accuracy against them

The fact I was a favorite made me smile. ^^;

ZM you're the awesome~

I'm on a roll. Light Runes were surprisingly helpful for this, against Darin specifically.

ZM you're the awesome~

I'm on a roll. Light Runes were surprisingly helpful for this, against Darin specifically.

Haha, thanks Elie. :)

I can imagine. Nino or Canas chipping away at him safely until he goes down must've been nice.

Is this gonna be a video? It'd be cool to see how you handled it.

I'm actually uploading the video(s) at this moment.

What's the best way to embed media links on this new SF? I've always had trouble since Jyoshua changed everything over.

Part 1: Preperations and my overall team/inventory and all that jazz

You'll see me give pretty much every booster available to Canas. And uhh, check out my stupidly stuffed to the brim inventory. I'm not that great at item management. Farina is holding the Uber Spear btw.

Part 2: Battle begin, clearing Uhai's squad, Kenneth's squad and Brendan's squad

Convienently, eclipse has an always-hits if I use it first (found that out in my various preliminary runs), and Nino has astounding accuracy. Note that I keep Canas in support range for just about the entire chapter. Yes I know I fucked up the Light Rune, I should've waited for one more turn, but it all worked out.

Part 3: Defeating Ursula, Darin's squad and the Reed Brothers

Berserk worked for me on all my trial runs. This is the first time it failed me :(. I know I had Canas in range to kill Jerme, but I left him in his room hoping a crit wouldn't occur, so I could shuffle my team north towards the gate, and lead Jerme up as I killed the Reed Bros, giving me time to prep a full charge onto Nergal with Nino and Bartre giving Canas his necessary support, as well as clearing the Berserk!Sage next to Nergal.

Part 4: Defeating Jerme, (Left alive on purpose), and Nergal, and first part of Dragon

Explained above. Bartre happened to be in range of the Druid, but chumped it up by getting hit. Still made it easy for me to finish the job. Crit rates aren't what I hoped they would be.

Part 5: Finishing Dragon off, and TurnCounts

(I'm so embarassed as to how bad it is, but now that I know it's possible, I can do better next time. Also, I think that HHM will be pretty similar to this, and assuming Canas gains just a couple of extra points in Speed, things should be able to operate similarly to how he did in this run.

Edited by Elieson

So all in all, it's finished. I burned a lot of cash because I had so much surplus, and Arena Abuse on Wil/Rebecca turned out to be overall a fruitless endeavor, as they weren't used much due to minimal deployment slots and mounts just being too darn useful.

In a HHM attempt, I wouldn't touch the arenas, and although I'd grind some for supports, I wouldn't take chapters like Cog of Destiny and relegate them to pointlessly grinding up weaker units for fun. I was being dumb there.

Chapter 32 is always going to be a nightmare. I don't know how I'll handle that in the future. Lloyd v1, I think I can handle if I run Dorcas and Bartre with Swordreavers, maybe Dart too. That was a bad move on my part. I'd like to try to get v Linus on my next attempt, if only to have his map to play in and save Lloyd for Cog of Destiny, so he'll be sitting on the throne and immobile.

Oh, and RES.

I'm happy with how many units turned out, and disappointed in others. Kent and Raven were real let downs. Farina was just tanky enough to remain largely useful, with her Def lead over her sisters. The Triangle Attack is all too valuable, and their circle of crit is hard to pass up via supports. Heath was very useful while he was around, but suffered from Deployment Drop in Final. If I had an extra slot, I'm certain that he would've gone in. Oswin and Dorcas did well as a team, and with their A support, were able to burst through lategame with such incredible ease.

Bows aren't that necessary. They're a luxury, especially Longbows. I might rework things so that Lyn and Wil have support with eachother, if only to give Wil some extra firepower when Lyn is forced in earlier chapters, primarily with a Longbow. I won't shrug the Brave Bow either, because I'm not deploying archers lategame unless I have to.

Sadly, Brave Sword users are not what I hoped they'd be. I'm limitted to the Cavs (who are flippy), the Lords (who just outright drop in usefulness due to existing in lanceland for just too darn long), Raven (who has a crappy affinity), and Guy (who has to get seriously blessed in Str to be usable lategame). I might try for Sain as an A-sword user for chapters after PFoD, if only to take advantage of his decent speed and Brave Sword use. Either him or Lowen. The others just won't cut it by that time.

Also, Canas is absolutely going to get A with Nino and B with Bartre, because that +1 Atk is worth more than a +1 Def.

Would anyone be interested in following a LP of this in HHM? Any suggestions/changes you'd like to see me make in either game flow and/or process? I'm open to all options, but I refuse to be a bore!

Congrats! I'd also be very interested in seeing a HHM run.

For final, I had a few questions/comments:

1. When you sent Fiora to fight Kenneth, would equipping the uber spear help, or would it open up a frail unit to danger from the bolting sage?

These two assume Priscilla had the rank for recover and enough fila's might uses, neither of which I'm sure about.

2. For Nergal, I think you could have killed him a turn earlier. If you had Canas attack him off the bat, that'd do 29 damage. Then have Priscilla recover Canas and let Nergal attack like you did (58 damage). Then have Nils fila's might Canas again and finish off Nergal (87 damage).

3. For the dragon, you could possibly do the same as with Nergal in 2. The only difference would be rescue-chaining Priscilla and Nils out of range. With A Nino B Bartre and the same offense, Canas would do 30 damage a hit with fila's might. That'd take 3 turns to kill the dragon.

As for general strategy stuff, not really much I can think of.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Congrats! I'd also be very interested in seeing a HHM run.

For final, I had a few questions/comments:

1. When you sent Fiora to fight Kenneth, would equipping the uber spear help, or would it open up a frail unit to danger from the bolting sage?

These two assume Priscilla had the rank for recover and enough fila's might uses, neither of which I'm sure about.

2. For Nergal, I think you could have killed him a turn earlier. If you had Canas attack him off the bat, that'd do 29 damage. Then have Priscilla recover Canas and let Nergal attack like you did (58 damage). Then have Nils fila's might Canas again and finish off Nergal (87 damage).

3. For the dragon, you could possibly do the same as with Nergal in 2. The only difference would be rescue-chaining Priscilla and Nils out of range. With A Nino B Bartre and the same offense, Canas would do 30 damage a hit with fila's might. That'd take 3 turns to kill the dragon.

As for general strategy stuff, not really much I can think of.

The Uber Spear wouldve been burned out by 6 uses potentially, and I want sure how much I.would need it for the remainder of the fight. Also, if I were in a pinch against Brendan, I wanted the girls to have a strong enough weapon available to strike him with. After seeing hitrates, I'll probably run the US against Kenneth's room, and give [unit] a Filla's Might boost.

Pris had A rank for Fortify btw. All units bar lords had A rank. Also, I had a full use Recover staff, and I think 14 or 15 Filla's uses.

2. I realized that after the fact, actually. Rescue chaining.wouldve worked fine against Dragon as well, but I was cautious because I either needed two Fortify uses or 1 Recover use, both of which provide different needs for Nils. I wasn't Confident in my rescue chaining with such a tight team layout, though I see how I could make it work in future battles with better spacing. Thanks for the tips though, I think in HHM, those strats will be more useful, or at least required for the former

Congrats on finishing this run! I haven't posted in this thread before, but have been following it for a while. It's nice to see how far you can take the game with these weird challenges - I liked how Supports became a crucial aspect of your team planning for instance.

In the next run, I'd be interested in seeing your thought process as you go through a chapter - what your strategy at the start of a chapter for getting past enemies, and some screenshots of chapters at different points would be nice (more stuff like C32 and Light basically).

I enjoyed the 32/Final approach to my LP. It felt more professional, which is kind of what I was going for. I'll be doing much much more of that in my HHM run.

I'm starting up my HHM run and I found an exploit that will allow me to have Matthew hit Lv20 in Chapter 11.

SOOOO TEMPTED TO DO IT JUST TO GET IT OVER WITH

Edited by Elieson

I3emRRh.png

yiI7ed2.png

This is I think turn 4. Unlock the upper door, and when the thief unlocks the lower door, steal his Lockpick. He'll steal it back. Every time you steal, boom, free 10EXP.

200 turns of this should be enough to suffice for a Sothe copypasta.

Derp. Thief stops stealing when you have more speed than he does. How could I forget the obvious

Edited by Elieson

Realized it after the thief stopped stealing. Hurpaderp. Oh well it's still an easy way to grind Matthew up one level

Realized it after the thief stopped stealing. Hurpaderp. Oh well it's still an easy way to grind Matthew up one level

Rig so he doesn't get spd until Level 20 duh :P