Inception Mafia

Paperblade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still rereading.

Class is pretty soon; I'm not sure I'll have anything before then. If I'm lucky it'll be more review of stuff I already know, but we'll have to see.

uh hold on

I noticed j00 is fearmongering a lot which is scummy. I think that's what bothered me before but wasn't too sure

What do you mean by this? I was just reading j00 recently and I didn't really see fearmongering.

Also wrt proving Poly with Manix, would it be easier/safer/whatever to target dead people, since

6. You can target the dead but I can't guarantee anything will happen.

is a thing? Just a thought.

What do you mean by this? I was just reading j00 recently and I didn't really see fearmongering.

it's not incredibly blatant but I keep seeing hints of it. like with shinori's claim, for example, and kinda poly's claim too but there's more waffling there.

I'm back.

Shinori still just hasn't impressed me and even a hijacker claim doesn't really serve to alleviate my suspicions. His case on me is pretty minor for today and he still never really gave an adequate explanation of his D1 stuff. I'm fine with my vote

Rein, what's your current opinion on Manix and Poly, your ISO is a lot of waffles.

Don't like Poly's play but no reason not to give his claim a try at this stage. Manix's D2 stuff makes me feel much better than his D1 did

Kay's Prims case was pretty sparse and she hasn't done that much else, I wouldn't gun for her lynch but I wouldn't complain if it ended up happening

I'm not personally finding Refa super scummy but I can understand why some people are feeling that way. His empty unvotes are probably the biggest things he's been doing that's pinging me as odd.

Votals

(3) Refa: Grass, Levity, Manix
(1) Grass: Furet
(4) Shinori: Rein, Kay, Boron, j00

(1) Boron: Shinori

(1) Rein: Strege

(2) Kay: SB, kirsche

(3) Voteless Town: Euklyd, Poly, Refa

I think there are 16 hours left? Don't quote me on that.

EDIT: fixed so that Refa isn't voting

Edited by BigBadMarshmallow

I overslept through my free time today, so this is my latest 24-hourly post. :/ I should be around for deadline (with limited phone access for the last hour though) and for a little bit in 8 hours.

I don't actually agree with this, voting someone is still stating "what you're doing is wrong." and given pressure he should reassess his own thoughts and it tells him that he needs to talk about it more.

I don't really understand this, it was clear that he thought Prims was scummier by the vote so surely that reflects the more assertive tone wrt Prims?

Your rein vote is good. What do you make of Quote's arguments against the Scorri slot? What do you think of Refa, who was on your scum priority yesterday.

I'm not sure how to fix this quote format. Anywho, to the 1st point I will agree that a vote definitely does something and I can't justify how I communicated my criticism, but without more to a vote it's not as clear how much you're scumreading the person, it doesn't imply a lot of thought going into the read, and it doesn't reveal an intent to discover if the person is in fact scum by asking questions. I found it hard to justify you not asking or picking at anything at that stage.

To the 2nd point, I'm struggling to remember my reasoning exactly but I believe it was because Poly said that Shinori was pinging him "somewhat" and then suddenly he was on par with the much stronger Prims read without any explanation. I thought it was meant to look like he's scumhunting behind the scenes while actually just letting him shift wherever he wanted to when he returned.

I think Quote's arguments against the scorri slot are just the voteparking/policy vote? I'm treating it as null because I feel like the post in which scorri voted could have supported a vote on Shinori or Kay and it struck me as more hungry for easier content than trying to lay low. Voting there would have made her cases look more substantial. Not sure if I'd try sailing my logic here across the Atlantic, but it's how I feel right now.

I don't think Refa is scum because wagonshifting from Objection to Eurykins took a lot of effort for no scum benefit, and is in fact the opposite of what I'd expect scum to do in that situation (which is get the vig lynched). He also did that "why are you guys not voting my top scumread?" thing in that scenario which is why I'm not reading him doing it now as scummy. I'll double check the rest of it and also reread Shinori though since they seem to by likely lynch candidates and I'm not going to have much input today otherwise.

Sorry for my lack of activity this past 24 hours; had to take an ONLINE TEST which I finished like a boss. Going to do the promised rereads before I do anything else.

Kay's case on Prims seemed really simplified, and I don't really understand how what she accused him of necessarily made him scummier than anyone else. I'm not just seeing the case and it felt opportunistic. I don't like what she has in D2 as well. Do you have any other opinions on people besides Shinori? I can't tell whether you actually think Levity, Refa, and Grass (whom you mentioned in your first D2 post) are scummy or not.

Grass and Refa is scummy, Bizz is null, and btw regarding Prims, yes, it was not really a great case. It's also a lousy excuse that I was just catching up on 15 pages of mafia and trying to build a case on someone even if it wasn't perfect. But last I checked saying "I'm not totally sure what's going on yet so I'm gonna not vote since I have no strong scumreads" is worse.

Don't like Poly's play but no reason not to give his claim a try at this stage. Manix's D2 stuff makes me feel much better than his D1 did

Kay's Prims case was pretty sparse and she hasn't done that much else, I wouldn't gun for her lynch but I wouldn't complain if it ended up happening

I'm not personally finding Refa super scummy but I can understand why some people are feeling that way. His empty unvotes are probably the biggest things he's been doing that's pinging me as odd.

That's quite a lot of fluffy vague reads.

I don't really see how j00 is fearmongering in regards to Shinori's claim.

'

i mean poly, what he's done this game that's memorable is claiming super early what we all thought was a watcher variant, and then flubbing his role this phase

i mean, just what

i doubt a scumteam would let anything like this happen, but it's not exactly helpful to town either

This post doesn't seem really useful. Scum don't always get to tell their scumbuddies not to do stupid things, Poly could easily have just panicked when he realized how the setup seems to work and tried to retroactively claim something better without consulting them. And townies do stuff that's not helpful to the town all sorts of times. So, you're not only waffling horribly, you're doing it with bad arguments imo.

I'd like to know if Shinori plans to post more this phase or if he's just gonna sit around playing LoL and not care if he gets lynched.

Shinori: Hrm. Reads apathetic to the point that I'm not really sure it's scummy. Like, he's not hiding it at all. Personally, a large part of my read is going to have to hang on the sudden willingness to lynch scorri and SB in post 552, which I think is scummier than not. I can interpret it as honestly digging up reads and packaging them with some measure of apathy (allowing him to offer a blanketed "I would lynch all of these people"), but I feel like it's a little more likely to be just pulling reads out of nowhere given the vagueness. Overall mildly scummy, but I like my scumreads better.

Refa: A lot of not-content or echoing on D1 but I think that's owing to a genuine lack of townreads or busy-ness, due to his jumps on Eurykins and Grassbridger which don't feel like they're pulling punches. The backtracking with Grass looks bad because Refa doesn't have any other cases. I still think Refa is townie though.

Going to bed. If stuff to comment on does not materialize in the next 6.5 hours I will reread Rein at that time and hopefully post something.

Grass and Refa is scummy, Bizz is null, and btw regarding Prims, yes, it was not really a great case. It's also a lousy excuse that I was just catching up on 15 pages of mafia and trying to build a case on someone even if it wasn't perfect. But last I checked saying "I'm not totally sure what's going on yet so I'm gonna not vote since I have no strong scumreads" is worse.

Fair enough if you were just catching up on mafia, but the case on Prims felt opportunistic and more like you were annoyed with his behavior than actually finding him scummy for it. I understand not wanting to just say "I'm not gonna vote because I have no strong scumreads", but it seemed like you were trying to force a case, which I don't feel is that much better.

I'm also not really sure what Quote means by "fearmongering," do you think you could explain what you mean by that?

Strege, when you get back, what are your current scum reads right now aside from the guy you're voting (and a mildly scummy read on Shinori)? I'm not sure what you think of Quote, or if you still dislike Kay and scorri/me.

Strege said that stuff I did was null but not that I was null so idk

also what I mean by 'fearmongering' is the tendency to shoot down claims/information with stuff like "yeah that doesn't mean anything!! they could still be scum" like when BBM kept shooting down shinori's claim in healer mafia with stuff like "him proving his role doesn't mean anything he could still be scum" and that's something scum do a whole lot (there's probably a way better explanation for this) but it's like, being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid.

the way j00 is doing it isn't super blatant, like I said, but I keep seeing hints of it and have been for a while now.

also what I mean by 'fearmongering' is the tendency to shoot down claims/information with stuff like "yeah that doesn't mean anything!! they could still be scum" like when BBM kept shooting down shinori's claim in healer mafia with stuff like "him proving his role doesn't mean anything he could still be scum" and that's something scum do a whole lot (there's probably a way better explanation for this) but it's like, being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid.

I see then. I'm not sure if I'd define what j00 was doing as "fearmongering", or if she's the only one doing it though. I'll try to get another reread done before phase end.

Well I don't know what much else to say.

Put more effort into game and make a big long ass post seems pointless because the reasons people are voting me for are very simple and poor and don't get stopped just because I suddenly put forth more effort.

Putting forth more effort into a post or two explaining why I think X or Y should be lynched won't stop the people who are voting me from voting me. All that does is waste my time. I mean honestly.

Also I haven't really been playing LoL. JUST SO YOU KNOW KAY.

I'm not getting any great scumreads. Via... as it stands I'm leaning third-party. Mafia may not able to demand someone try and defend themselves properly, but there's sort of the whole 'totally letting down people relying on you' aspect. To a lesser degree, with town. Though they're saying things now, but I wrote this thing before that post showed up okay. I don't know how Via and Manix interact in other games but they've been mutually defensive here, so if one's specifically mafia it speaks ill for the other.

Main read I'm getting is Shinori, but I really don't know what to think of the driver claim. His apathy also lends itself to third-party... but as a driver? I don't fucking know what the hell is going on with Poly and their link is broken.

Joo I'm just looking at ISOs quickly, so anything might be a little out of context. I'm really not seeing fearmongering from them though?

Inclined to support Boron and Refa as town. Neutral on everyone else.

I'm still not confident about Grass. But a lone vote on him isn't helping anything, so close to cutoff. I think I'd like to hear other opinions on the claim, though, before I confirm any vote for Shinori.

Like I'm a swing vote at the moment and your 'fine let it happen ;.;' really isn't shifting me in your defence.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

c'mon man you can do better than this

i'm backing you bro

why are you third party hunting

Give me reasons not to, because I don't see compelling reasons to leave a cult or SK alive. Other than that there's, like, survivor, which has no reason to go against town and basically counts as for my thoughts, and fool. There's no fools in this game.

we don't even know if a third party exists yet besides a possible SK because lol unclaimed second kill. we don't have any other evidence that a third might exist in this game yet but we know for a fact that there's mafia (cops) that we're looking for.

This is not the same as 'no third party exists' and if people look like third-party to me then I'm going to say that they sound like third-party, I apologise if this violates your core principles.

But yeah if I was an SK I'd probably try to convince people not to care too much about finding one #justsaying

But there's probably not much chance of that. We've got someone admitted they killed Objection (can't really blame them) and one kill from mafia. Still not impossible they'd pick the same target, or someone got blind-doctored, and it's a possibility we should, you know, not dismiss outright.

Like I'm a swing vote at the moment and your 'fine let it happen ;.;' really isn't shifting me in your defence.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

c'mon man you can do better than this

i'm backing you bro

I'm a redirector, not a driver. You're dumb. And I'm not saying fine, let it happen. I'd much prefer people voted someone else. And 'defending' myself from attacks of "Shinori's inactive and his objection vote sucks and his claim is null and his action was bad" would just be stupid. Why would you tell me to defend myself instead of scum hunt for a better lynch? Your priorities are off. And hopefully you see after I pointed it out how stupid it would be to 'defend' myself against the votes on me and why I say most of the votes on me are poor and weak. Your's isn't much better.

Explain my actions? Which ones? My night action: FIRST OFF LET ME SAY THIS. If I was a scum or a third party redirector would I actually blatantly claim that I tried to use the town vig to kill someone else? IT would more likely be better to fake claim something in that situation like seriously. I did it because I felt Rein was scum and wanted him to die. It's pretty blatantly obvious.