Next year is Ike's 10th Anniversary... Do you think...?

If memory serves, PoR was released in 2005. That makes next year Ike's tenth anniversary! And at this rate, it's quite possible that SMT x FE may not be released until then.

Do you think IS and Atlus might give him a little special treatment in the game to celebrate that? I mean, ten years of everyone's favorite blue-haired mercenary leader! And he's got a nice fanbase out west. And we know this crossover is coming there because the teaser trailer was in an English Nintendo Direct.

I think this would be really nice, especially for people like me that fangirl over Ike. :3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they did something for Ephraim or Hector.

Honestly? I don't think anything special will happen for Ike, especially since FE9 and FE10 weren't so popular.

I thought that last I read, both games had pretty decent sales all around. And if Ike wasn't important to IS, I don't think he'd get so many references in Awakening compared to most of the other lords. :P

I thought that last I read, both games had pretty decent sales all around.

What?

FE9 and FE10 were the biggest flops in the series. If there was one reason why fire emblem was almost cancelled was because of the sales of FE9 and 10. Shadow dragon actually managed to sell almost twiice the amount either of them did, IIRC.

Edited by Nobody

Ike's games sold poorly, but the fandom loves him. It's possible they might, but I do have to doubt it. I believe that Tellius might have sold poorly because it had no connection to Smash and before awakening, smash made an FE game popular.

There never was a year of Marth, or anything special to celebrate FE1's anniversary. There's no way they will be doing anything for Ike's anniversary, especially because they're the least successful FE games in Japan.

The fanbase loves him... "We like Ike"... but honestly it's because of Smash.

The games sold poorly. Nothing's going to change that. And I doubt they want to remember that with a 10th anniversary.

FE's 20th Anniversary was rightfully celebrated with that artbook.

Edited by shadowofchaos

There never was a year of Marth, or anything special to celebrate FE1's anniversary. There's no way they will be doing anything for Ike's anniversary, especially because they're the least successful FE games in Japan.

Yeah. There would be no reason to if no one else was ever recognized. Marth is Fire Emblem's mascot, not Ike.

I always hated it when the anniversary thing was an artbook. Why would I care about an artbook when I can look up all the official art? The Legend of Zelda did that okay though by putting worth-while content and background in the book.

I always hated it when the anniversary thing was an artbook. Why would I care about an artbook when I can look up all the official art?

The 20th Anniversary artbook had original art in addition to being an encyclopedia of every game in the series thus far. It's a collectible. A tribute to the series.

I enjoyed reading excerpts from the artists.

Don't diss it without actually seeing its contents. That 20th Anniversary book was awesome.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Don't diss it without actually seeing its contents. That 20th Anniversary book was awesome.

That FE1/2/3 art is hilariously awful, though.

RATFACE ABEL is best.

EDIT: FEARHT_Elice.png hey elice

Edited by Tryhard

25th anniversary of the series? Well gee, sorry for not knowing exactly when FE1 came out. >_>

Also, I think Ike's games could've sold better if they'd gotten as much advertisement as, say, Awakening and more copies were made. I mean, just because a game didn't make a lot of sales doesn't mean that those who DID play it didn't love it. PoR and RD, I notice, get a lot of votes in favorite FE game polls on the net. Maybe they're not well-liked in Japan, but westerners certainly enjoy them.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, I think Ike's games could've sold better if they'd gotten as much advertisement as, say, Awakening and more copies were made. I mean, just because a game didn't make a lot of sales doesn't mean that those who DID play it didn't love it. PoR and RD, I notice, get a lot of votes in favorite FE game polls on the net. Maybe they're not well-liked in Japan, but westerners certainly enjoy them.

What does westerners enjoying Ike's games have to do with anything? If Ike's games are not well-liked in Japan, this is a big issue because Fire Emblem is a Japanese game that was once Japan exclusive. I don't think IS is going to go, "oh, even if this wasn't popular in Japan the people in the west loved it, so that's okay!" I highly doubt a Japanese game company is going to cater to the western audience over the Japanese one, so why is this even a point?

Except IS DOES cater to the west, because like I said, why else would Ike and his games have as many references as they do in Awakening?

Japan doesn't like them, so that's obviously not it. But whatever, I was only suggesting an idea. If it's not used, oh well then.

Except IS DOES cater to the west, because like I said, why else would Ike and his games have as many references as they do in Awakening?

Japan doesn't like them, so that's obviously not it. But whatever, I was only suggesting an idea. If it's not used, oh well then.

Do you KNOW for certain that Ike and his games having as many references as they do in Awakening was because IS was catering to the west, though? Is this an actual fact that you know or you read somewhere or that IS said somewhere? Because if not, it can only be an educated guess.

Nope, I don't think that will happen. Not that it matters, this game is going to get cancelled any day now, with Nintendo and Atlus announcing "yeah we programmed fuck all but how about that trailer eh took half an hour of marketing's time!"

That FE1/2/3 art is hilariously awful, though.

RATFACE ABEL is best.

EDIT: FEARHT_Elice.png hey elice

I think you're confusing awful with amazi-oh hey Elice.

SMT is another series big in Japan but not so mainstream in the west, right? I think a crossover of two such series would be unlikely to favour one of the least popular of the continuities in Japan. Thematically, it makes no sense, either; the continents that would fit best with SMT are Valencia and Magvel, and they're also underexposed. The anniversary point is a stretch because of what Athena said, tbh.

Nope, I don't think that will happen. Not that it matters, this game is going to get cancelled any day now, with Nintendo and Atlus announcing "yeah we programmed fuck all but how about that trailer eh took half an hour of marketing's time!"

You're still on that...?

Are you twitch or do you just lack patience?

Or are you upset that we haven't gotten it or news on it yet? If so, that's adorable

SMT is another series big in Japan but not so mainstream in the west, right? I think a crossover of two such series would be unlikely to favour one of the least popular of the continuities in Japan. Thematically, it makes no sense, either; the continents that would fit best with SMT are Valencia and Magvel, and they're also underexposed.

Not true, any continent can work just fine, it's not simply, humans vs. demons after all, I believe there is a wide misconception on that matter, if anything it's more like ideals vs. ideals with demons as the go-between, but give Marth or Ike a COMP or Tubes and they'll be able to use demons just like the best of 'em

Edited by Soledai

You're still on that...?

Are you twitch or do you just lack patience?

Or are you upset that we haven't gotten it or news on it yet? If so, that's adorable

YES I'M ADORABLE

I'll take what compliments I can get (obviously I'm both, duh)! Also Marth and Ike won't be able to use demons like the best of them because the best SMT people can use magic, just saying. I mean I get what you meant but Celica would like totally kick their butts (and Micaiah too).

Also did I mention that SMTxFE is cancelled because I could've sworn I forgot to mention that but yeah it definitely is. I am the prophet!

Ike's games sold poorly

The games sold poorly.

Did you guys have a source or exact proof about that? I don't exactly believe or heard anything about Ike's games to be not sold well. But, I kinda wanted to see what if they might add something special for Ike in the game or not.

Also did I mention that SMTxFE is cancelled because I could've sworn I forgot to mention that but yeah it definitely is.

Sorry, but a Source please, where did they mentioned that SMTxFE is cancelled, I don't believe or seen that they mentioned from Nintendo that the game was cancelled?

Edited by King Marth 64

The Wikipedia page for FE9 mentioned some numbers (156,000 in Japan), but it also referenced a domain that was dead so who knows. As for FE10...who knows? Shadow Dragon's sales are referenced here (250,000 in NA). You know, I have no idea where people are getting these numbers from it better not be VGChartz that is the least reliable source ever.

YES I'M ADORABLE

I'll take what compliments I can get (obviously I'm both, duh)! Also Marth and Ike won't be able to use demons like the best of them because the best SMT people can use magic, just saying. I mean I get what you meant but Celica would like totally kick their butts (and Micaiah too).

Also did I mention that SMTxFE is cancelled because I could've sworn I forgot to mention that but yeah it definitely is. I am the prophet!

Ohh, I feel like I understand you a little better

But we can fix the Marth and Ike thing with either some talented demons or armors(or equivalent) that provide elemental resistances, and somehow manage to give Ike the skill Deathbound or Hassohappa, he'll be able to out power them

Ah you did, this would be the third time... It seems more legit now that I know you are a prophet

Edited by Soledai

Western fans have this delusion that Ike is a fan favourite even in Japan. He's probably the least popular lord there. The Japanese love their moe and effiminate lords.

Here's Judgral art data from Pixiv.

tumblr_mnuij49B6u1s29kwho1_1280.png

Look at that mountain of Julia art. They really love their moe, if it wasn't obvious already.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker