• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Archers needing durability? Shouldn't the stay back since they can't counter? Whatever, I suppose it has situational use (I once had Wolt dodge-tank blows from Douglas). I prefer those two mainly for the extra Spd.

This particular Wil has been very RNG blessed. 20/9 (I think) Sniper and he's capped strength, both defences are about 15 and the rest are in low-mid 20's. He just dodges everything and when he doesn't, he takes very little damage. I've generally preferred tanky Archers over evasive Archers, but that's just a preference

As for Tellius, FE9!Rolf outpaces FE9!Shinon, IMO, but I'd say the opposite for FE10 unless we're judging them based solely on the Str stat. It's kinda shameful for poor Rolf, really, his growths are high because magikarp, but you get Shinon at the same time, already trained, with even better growths. Though they're all better than Leonardo (who is good for mage-killing and thats really about it. He should be a Pegasus Knight or something.).

I see. I'll never get FE10 (from the LP I've watched, the story is really... eh), but I really want FE9. If I do ever get it, I'll probably rock them both because wynaut?

I dunno what that would have to do with Breezy but whatever.

Some people know about it, some don't. It doesn't involve him in the slightest

Bolded are my replies

Bolded are my replies

I prefer FE10 mostly because of nostalgia (first FE game I ever played so...) but I guess FE9 is still cool. A tad broken, but all FEs tend to be broken by one thing or another. *cough cough arenas cough*

Man. That Wil sounds awesome. I've got a tendency towards RNG blessed characters (heck when I was a little n00b my Jeigan made it to Chapter 24 and still held strong. I dunno how. Then my sister deleted that file) but that's seriously amazing. I can see why you would use him.

Of course, Rebecca has the hair color on her side.

I prefer FE10 mostly because of nostalgia (first FE game I ever played so...) but I guess FE9 is still cool. A tad broken, but all FEs tend to be broken by one thing or another. *cough cough arenas cough*

Man. That Wil sounds awesome. I've got a tendency towards RNG blessed characters (heck when I was a little n00b my Jeigan made it to Chapter 24 and still held strong. I dunno how. Then my sister deleted that file) but that's seriously amazing. I can see why you would use him.

Of course, Rebecca has the hair color on her side.

Fair enough. And that's why I don't use arenas. I find they can break the game if you aren't careful

Wil is probably my favourite FE7 character because of it. That or Matthew. I can pull up the exact stats, if you want me to

Jeigan up to chapter 24? Can't say I've gotten far in SD, but that's pretty impressive!

And her son inherits it and her... speed. Wolt/Brolt is still awesome though

Fair enough. And that's why I don't use arenas. I find they can break the game if you aren't careful

Wil is probably my favourite FE7 character because of it. That or Matthew. I can pull up the exact stats, if you want me to

Jeigan up to chapter 24? Can't say I've gotten far in SD, but that's pretty impressive!

Dude as if we weren't friends enough as is, you just sealed your fate

At least they make Est somewhat bearable. 20/20 dracoknight with capped Str and Spd byebye all my foes. And they make Gordin useful, gasp!

My favorite FE7 character is obviously Rebecca, but Eli, Erk, and Nino are close runner ups. I'll admit though, Hector is one of the few axe users I've seen that is actually good.

Yeah, I was a n00b, I didn't deserve it, but eh, it worked out all right. It was Normal mode anyway.

I'm not going to comment on the last line.

At least they make Est somewhat bearable. 20/20 dracoknight with capped Str and Spd byebye all my foes. And they make Gordin useful, gasp!

My favorite FE7 character is obviously Rebecca, but Eli, Erk, and Nino are close runner ups. I'll admit though, Hector is one of the few axe users I've seen that is actually good.

Yeah, I was a n00b, I didn't deserve it, but eh, it worked out all right. It was Normal mode anyway.

I'm not going to comment on the last line.

I guess

GBA axe users (specifically Fighters) aren't that amazing, truth be told. Berserkers are (for the most part) all right, but they're pretty lackluster. FE7 has a very good axe user in Hector, but I like to think Dart is usable too. He's no slacker with a Wil support, I can tell you that much

I see. Fair enough then

I guess

GBA axe users (specifically Fighters) aren't that amazing, truth be told. Berserkers are (for the most part) all right, but they're pretty lackluster. FE7 has a very good axe user in Hector, but I like to think Dart is usable too. He's no slacker with a Wil support, I can tell you that much

I see. Fair enough then

Nolan from FE10 gave me a grudge against them that still hasn't stopped. He's decent and kinda necessary early, but DB members except Eddie, Sothe, Micaiah and Jill all tend to suck (I swear Leo should be a peggie instead of an archer despite the gender those aren't archer stats well he could use more spd but this is FE10 where some Armor Knights have more speed than some peggies) and even then, they're really hard to train, mostly because of the lack of chapters they get. It's best to focus on one or two for their chapters. Nolan isn't one of the one or two who should be focused on since Eddie is so superior it isn't even funny. So yeah, because of Nolan, every time I see a fighter, brigand, or pirate I'm just "Okay, this guy will suck. BENCHED!" Even if I'm told that they don't suck. It's probably a bad habit I should stop, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

Nolan from FE10 gave me a grudge against them that still hasn't stopped. He's decent and kinda necessary early, but DB members except Eddie, Sothe, Micaiah and Jill all tend to suck (I swear Leo should be a peggie instead of an archer despite the gender those aren't archer stats well he could use more spd but this is FE10 where some Armor Knights have more speed than some peggies) and even then, they're really hard to train, mostly because of the lack of chapters they get. It's best to focus on one or two for their chapters. Nolan isn't one of the one or two who should be focused on since Eddie is so superior it isn't even funny. So yeah, because of Nolan, every time I see a fighter, brigand, or pirate I'm just "Okay, this guy will suck. BENCHED!" Even if I'm told that they don't suck. It's probably a bad habit I should stop, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

Ha. That's fair enough then. I'm on a similar boat with Pegasus Knights. First time I ever played FE7 I used Florina and I wish I didn't. So, so much. Because of that, I've always considered Wyvern Riders superior, and I almost always use Wyvern Riders over Pegasus Knights, with Vanessa and Farina being exceptions. I shouldn't do it, but I just do *shrug*

Going back to foot axe users, aside from the GBA games, they should be tried out. Vaike is a solid axe user (if a bit RNG reliant on Lunatic). Barst (I think?) from SD is apparently fantastic, and Johalva (probably butchered that name) from FE4 is pretty solid, even if there's a more easier approach in the name of Johan, but his growths are pretty eh

Ha. That's fair enough then. I'm on a similar boat with Pegasus Knights. First time I ever played FE7 I used Florina and I wish I didn't. So, so much. Because of that, I've always considered Wyvern Riders superior, and I almost always use Wyvern Riders over Pegasus Knights, with Vanessa and Farina being exceptions. I shouldn't do it, but I just do *shrug*

Going back to foot axe users, aside from the GBA games, they should be tried out. Vaike is a solid axe user (if a bit RNG reliant on Lunatic). Barst (I think?) from SD is apparently fantastic, and Johalva (probably butchered that name) from FE4 is pretty solid, even if there's a more easier approach in the name of Johan, but his growths are pretty eh

Marcia and Caeda are actually some of the best units in FE9 and FE11. Caeda mostly because Win Spear, Marcia because move and flight and JTA over Jill. Though some do suck (I wasn't fond of using FE10!Marcia, mostly because HAAR EXISTS).

I'll try. I'm working on Mist + guys of FE9 (Mist is mostly because of BK fight) so Boyd might turn around my opinion of them. Maybe (he has two stellar brothers to live up to, one of whom is an Archer with green hair).

Marcia and Caeda are actually some of the best units in FE9 and FE11. Caeda mostly because Win Spear, Marcia because move and flight and JTA over Jill. Though some do suck (I wasn't fond of using FE10!Marcia, mostly because HAAR EXISTS).

I'll try. I'm working on Mist + guys of FE9 (Mist is mostly because of BK fight) so Boyd might turn around my opinion of them. Maybe (he has two stellar brothers to live up to, one of whom is an Archer with green hair).

Aye, I've heard much praise for Marcia. Caeda/Shiida too, but not as much. She's apparently good as a Paladin though

Boyd is... I'm not sure actually. I've heard he's pretty good, but I suppose having the ability to triangle attack with his brothers (if Oscar gets bows upon promotion) nets him some points too. Can't speak for his growths though. Either way, let us hope he does live up to your infamous reputation of green haired Archers!

Well, around half of FE11 can be trivialized by "Warp Caeda to the boss. Have her kill him. Warp Marth to the boss. Seize." And that's it. It's actually kind of amusing. I even managed to Warpskip most of the last chapter on Normal by simply Warping Tiki and Marth up to the Final Boss room and having Marth just block off the hallway north of Medeus while Tiki killed him, after killing the Snipers, of course.

Eh, triangles are still impractical (this one is particular), and he has Rolf and Oscar to live up to, but if a certain Marth fangirl I know on FFN is telling the truth, he's good, but isn't the best. He nearly topped Barst for her, apparently. And she likes using Barst. Though obviously not as much as Marth.

I see. Sounds broken as hell, that

Well then, I hope he doesn't fail this fangirl's expectations!

I love how we've completely taken over this thread

No one else is here, so...

It's the main reason Lena and Caeda are considered the very best units in FE11. Who needs actual lords when we have a lord's girlfriend who gets a Rapier expy with tons more might than an actual Rapier simply because she can no longer just snag Jeigan's Silver Lance? Of course, you only get so many warp staves, but Win Spears are rediculously common.

I certainly hope he doesn't. He should be like that Jeigan.

Edit: Oh, hi, Duck.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

No one else is here, so...

It's the main reason Lena and Caeda are considered the very best units in FE11. Who needs actual lords when we have a lord's girlfriend who gets a Rapier expy with tons more might than an actual Rapier simply because she can no longer just snag Jeigan's Silver Lance? Of course, you only get so many warp staves, but Win Spears are rediculously common.

I certainly hope he doesn't. He should be like that Jeigan.

Edit: Oh, hi, Duck.

Well someone changed that...

Fair enough. Might have to give it a go sometime. I'd prefer my first playthrough being more... traditional though, if that makes sense

Why can't Jeigan have good growths? :c

Well someone changed that...

Fair enough. Might have to give it a go sometime. I'd prefer my first playthrough being more... traditional though, if that makes sense

Why can't Jeigan have good growths? :c

I've played and beaten 6-11 and 13 and some of 2 and 12 (though I know their plots well enough since this site exists and all). 9... was probably one of the harder ones I've played, alongside 6 and 10 (obviously) but that was mostly because of the BK. Stupid Luck based missions and Def cursed Ikes. I loathe him just for that. Well I have other reasons for hating him like how useless he is in SSB or how awful his designs are, but whatever. Aforementioned Marth fangirl finds the Ike hate amusing, apparently. My sister has the opposite opinion of it though.

EDIT: @Duck: The whole Jeigen thing is in reference to this one RNG blessed Jeigan I had when I was a n00b. Jeigan still sucks, but I find it amusing he did so well either that or I was really stupid which is half of it but whatever.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

He follows normal lord criteria. Weak start, good growths. But that doesn't change:

Eli's Str:

5 base, 45% growth, 27 cap.

Lyn's Str:

4 base, 40% growth (pretty darn good considering the class on which she's based), 24 cap.

Secret shop abuse intact, Eli has more Str. He might be a pain, but he is still very good. Also, JTA.

Eliwood may have the higher base and growth strength, but Lyn has Speed and the better Proof weapon that has 1 more Mt and 10 more Crit, not to mention she will be doubling a whole lot sooner than Eliwood ever could. Even if Lyn's Str cap isn't as high as Eliwood's she's going to be critting a whole lot more than Eliwood for sure, also will be dodging more too. Also, if you are using Secret shops, that would eat up a lot of your funds, especially if you don't AA. Lyn doesn't need anything from the Secret Shop to be usable at all.

Plus, bows advantage for fliers ;)

Archers needing durability? Shouldn't the stay back since they can't counter? Whatever, I suppose it has situational use (I once had Wolt dodge-tank blows from Douglas). I prefer those two mainly for the extra Spd.

As for Tellius, FE9!Rolf outpaces FE9!Shinon, IMO, but I'd say the opposite for FE10 unless we're judging them based solely on the Str stat. It's kinda shameful for poor Rolf, really, his growths are high because magikarp, but you get Shinon at the same time, already trained, with even better growths. Though they're all better than Leonardo (who is good for mage-killing and thats really about it. He should be a Pegasus Knight or something.).

I dunno what that would have to do with Breezy but whatever.

Archers don't have to stay back that much as long as you have a good formation that allows archers to not get double teamed. Most archers can survive one round of melee combat, so as long as they have their flanks covered, they should be fine. This is vital for surviving in the higher difficulties of SD since no unit early on can take more than 2 hits and the Avoid stat has been nerfed hard in the DS versions. Formations are even more important if you want low turn counts.

Dagda is best Jeigan

Dem bases

Jeigan IS the JEIGAN!

Now if only he had some Luck to nullify crits... ><

I've played and beaten 6-11 and 13 and some of 2 and 12 (though I know their plots well enough since this site exists and all). 9... was probably one of the harder ones I've played, alongside 6 and 10 (obviously) but that was mostly because of the BK. Stupid Luck based missions and Def cursed Ikes. I loathe him just for that. Well I have other reasons for hating him like how useless he is in SSB or how awful his designs are, but whatever. Aforementioned Marth fangirl finds the Ike hate amusing, apparently. My sister has the opposite opinion of it though.

Quite a veteran then. Played more than me. I've completed, 7, 8 and 13, and playing through 4, 6 and to a lesser extent, 11. Out of them all so far, 4 and 6 have been the most challenging (except FE13 Lunatic mode. I don't claim to be good at the series, and I can't seem to beat Grima no matter what I do. I've handled EXP badly, yet my pride won't have me grinding) due to different reasons. I would love to play FE9, but my laptop is abysmal and it's quite expensive over here. I'm also not a fan of Ike's design in FE10, and you can probably guess why. Much prefer his more leaner appearance in FE9. Ike in SSBB was all right, I thought. Definitely the powerhouse. I'm not someone who indulges in hate though, so I'll leave it as that

I'm going to sleep now. If this is continued, I'll reply tomorrow

Quite a veteran then. Played more than me. I've completed, 7, 8 and 13, and playing through 4, 6 and to a lesser extent, 11. Out of them all so far, 4 and 6 have been the most challenging (except FE13 Lunatic mode. I don't claim to be good at the series, and I can't seem to beat Grima no matter what I do. I've handled EXP badly, yet my pride won't have me grinding) due to different reasons. I would love to play FE9, but my laptop is abysmal and it's quite expensive over here. I'm also not a fan of Ike's design in FE10, and you can probably guess why. Much prefer his more leaner appearance in FE9. Ike in SSBB was all right, I thought. Definitely the powerhouse. I'm not someone who indulges in hate though, so I'll leave it as that

I'm going to sleep now. If this is continued, I'll reply tomorrow

Night Dodge

Also, i'd say i'm reasonably experienced at FE. I've played FE since it first came to the US in 2003, and have played it at least 10 times every year presently. :D

Edited by N7 Average Azn (Rindisu)