• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I feel like Lyn just seems to do better for you than me, I've never had Lyn get 15 strength

Except for one run, where she got to level twenty and had eighteen strength

Well to be fair, I did give her an Energy Ring and Angelic Robe in Lyn mode~ <3

Also, my Lyn was extremely Spd screwed before she promoted. Thankfully, she caught up from a Spdwing and hit her usual Spd of 20 by level 4 after a Level 19 promo I believe?

I remember my first run of FE7 had my Eliwood literally too awful to finish The Chapter With Georg In It.

I'm not actually sure how this is possible in hindsight, seeing enemy generic stats in ENM appear to cap out at a mighty seven in strength, but I remember that was my issue and I was pretty godawful back then. Either way, I pumped the living shit out of Eliwood the next game with I believe literally every statbooster I had. I mean... it worked.

I remember my first run of FE7 had my Eliwood literally too awful to finish The Chapter With Georg In It.

I'm not actually sure how this is possible in hindsight, seeing enemy generic stats in ENM appear to cap out at a mighty seven in strength, but I remember that was my issue and I was pretty godawful back then. Either way, I pumped the living shit out of Eliwood the next game with I believe literally every statbooster I had. I mean... it worked.

Personal experience means nothing.

Eliwood is usually (much) worse than Lyn.

On average, yes Eliwood gets the bench MUCH more than Lyn would due to how extremely RNG dependent he is, compared to Lyn who on average, tends to be a somewhat decent Myrmidon lord due to having 40% Str growth and having the advantage to have better starting stats by going through Lyn mode before hand.

Eh, I'm usually pretty casual and didn't get over the emulator phobia until recently, so I don't think I'm that special. FE10!Ike is probably my least favorite lord ever, mostly since his FE9 characterization was kind of amusing, if a little dumb, at times. And every time FE9's price is brought up, I get really guilty because the price I paid for it two or so years ago was really low. And Aforementioned Marth Fangirl (you know I should probably stop using that name and just say Diagon) played FE9 very recently, and the thread where we're supposed to talk about FE wound up turning into FE9 advice from me and not much else. She did say it took her some time to get the ROM to work.

FE9!Ike says reprimand. Dude's like, 16. What 16 year old says reprimand?

You got it for a low price? Good on you! Shouldn't feel guilty about though. Got lucky, if anything

There we are then. Advice giving is always (or should be) appreciated. Glad to hear it eventually worked though

On topic though; I've normally had better Lyndis', but I seriously think she's outclassed on HHM by Guy. Just my opinion though

On topic though; I've normally had better Lyndis', but I seriously think she's outclassed on HHM by Guy. Just my opinion though

Guy doesn't get a Armor/Horse slaying Killing edge with 45 uses, 8 MT, 80 Hit and 20 Crit that doesn't weigh him down though. I'd say that definitely gives her more usage than Guy, since she can make short work of Grounded Mounts and Armors, even if she may get hit in the process due to WTD.

Plus, there's also the fact that she can get much more experience if Lyn mode was done prior to Eliwood/Hector mode, raising her starting stats when you get her again significantly.

Edited by N7 Average Azn (Rindisu)

Guy doesn't get a Armor/Horse slaying Killing edge with 45 uses, 8 MT, 80 Hit and 20 Crit that doesn't weigh him down though. I'd say that definitely gives her more usage than Guy, since she can make short work of Grounded Mounts and Armors, even if she may get hit in the process due to WTD.

Plus, there's also the fact that she can get much more experience if Lyn mode was done prior to Eliwood/Hector mode, raising her starting stats when you get her again significantly.

That might be so, and on any other difficultly I'd agree with you. HHM gives Guy much needed boosts, which I think most noticeably is +2 strength, +1 defence and +4 HP. Lyndis doesn't get any boosts, and in early game, unless she's fed the Angelic Robe from her tale, she can't take two hits. Guy can, and I think that's his biggest selling point. The buff in speed also makes him more evasive, and the speed loss from wielding the Killing Edge isn't as significant thanks to his 70% growth in speed. Finally, a fixed +15% crit rate upon promotion is, in my opinion, more useful than having the ability to wield bows. Lyndis naturally isn't bulky, and being locked into a 2 range weapon during EP might prove fatal

As I've said, this is my opinion, so you're inclined to think whatever. I'm not trying to sway you, but these are my reasons

That might be so, and on any other difficultly I'd agree with you. HHM gives Guy much needed boosts, which I think most noticeably is +2 strength, +1 defence and +4 HP. Lyndis doesn't get any boosts, and in early game, unless she's fed the Angelic Robe from her tale, she can't take two hits. Guy can, and I think that's his biggest selling point. The buff in speed also makes him more evasive, and the speed loss from wielding the Killing Edge isn't as significant thanks to his 70% growth in speed. Finally, a fixed +15% crit rate upon promotion is, in my opinion, more useful than having the ability to wield bows. Lyndis naturally isn't bulky, and being locked into a 2 range weapon during EP might prove fatal

As I've said, this is my opinion, so you're inclined to think whatever. I'm not trying to sway you, but these are my reasons

Naturally, having a good Lyn would be a great asset to have, since she's required for quite a few chapters. Most importantly, the final chapter, where all the lords are required to come.

Any other unit in Lyn's mode doesn't benefit from the Angelic Robe and Energy Ring as much as Lyn does however, as any other unit that isn't bulky shouldn't be in the front lines anyway. Kent and Sain usually gain quite a bit of HP, and Lucius can easily be not used, since he's such a glass cannon anyway and Serra tends to be quite a great Light Magic (crit) damage and dodge tanker for HHM CoD on the mass army of Dark Magic Luna users. Erk is Erk, easily benched by Pent later on, and Rebecca and Wil are interchangeable and shouldn't be exposed to enemy fire much anyway.

Florina is the only other candidate who can really benefit from the Angelic robe, seeing as she can be quite fragile to many attacks, but she shouldn't really be used on the front lines much anyway, and instead as an ambush unit since she's more of a glass cannon than Lyn due to not benefiting from terrain at all because of being a flying unit.

Lyn's Mani Katti is a great asset to her because her AS isn't affected by her main weapon she should be using for high threat units anyway. Also, Lances and Axes rule HHM, and with Guy's swordlocked weakness, he would need to have lancereavers to dodge more effectively towards Lances, and would have no benefit at all against other Sword units. Also by the time Guy would be a great Swordmaster, Karel comes walking in the snow with a great and mighty 9 Con, and great Str and Def/Res for a Swordmaster, making him perfectly viable off the bat, and with a Spd wing would help his subpar Spd as well to help him double the Valks on CoD.

Naturally, having a good Lyn would be a great asset to have, since she's required for quite a few chapters. Most importantly, the final chapter, where all the lords are required to come.

Of course. I'm not saying she shouldn't be used. I just think Guy is a better Lyndis, that's all

Any other unit in Lyn's mode doesn't benefit from the Angelic Robe and Energy Ring as much as Lyn does however, as any other unit that isn't bulky shouldn't be in the front lines anyway. Kent and Sain usually gain quite a bit of HP, and Lucius can easily be not used, since he's such a glass cannon anyway and Serra tends to be quite a great Light Magic (crit) damage and dodge tanker for HHM CoD on the mass army of Dark Magic Luna users. Erk is Erk, easily benched by Pent later on, and Rebecca and Wil are interchangeable and shouldn't be exposed to enemy fire much anyway.

I agree with most of this, except for the point about the Angelic Robe, but that will be posted below. Personal experience tells me Wil is more tanky than Kent, but obviously he can't retaliate at 1 range, so perhaps you're right there

Florina is the only other candidate who can really benefit from the Angelic robe, seeing as she can be quite fragile to many attacks, but she shouldn't really be used on the front lines much anyway, and instead as an ambush unit since she's more of a glass cannon than Lyn due to not benefiting from terrain at all because of being a flying unit.

The only other candidate? What if you decide to use Rath? He comes late, and 7 base defence with a 10% growth rate is pretty naff. He isn't going to be taking too many hits, so the Angelic Robe is definitely viable for him too. I'd point out Matthew here too, but unless you're really lucky with your growths, Legault outclasses him in every way

Lyn's Mani Katti is a great asset to her because her AS isn't affected by her main weapon she should be using for high threat units anyway. Also, Lances and Axes rule HHM, and with Guy's swordlocked weakness, he would need to have lancereavers to dodge more effectively towards Lances, and would have no benefit at all against other Sword units. Also by the time Guy would be a great Swordmaster, Karel comes walking in the snow with a great and mighty 9 Con, and great Str and Def/Res for a Swordmaster, making him perfectly viable off the bat, and with a Spd wing would help his subpar Spd as well to help him double the Valks on CoD.

I can't argue with the first couple of points. Mani Katti is a great boon, and it definitely makes her a great unit. Lancereavers become purchasable at chapter... 24? The one when you fight either Lloyd or Linus for the first time. I believe they're obtainable then, anyway. It's been a while. Either way, Guy shouldn't be tackling anybody wielding a lance if they have sufficient skill, and neither should Lyndis, unless it's an airborne unit when she's promoted/lancereaver, but the latter can be applied to Guy too. I don't see the point in Karel when Harken exists, but that's just another personal preference. Karel's bulk is pretty awesome though

Bolded are my replies

The only other candidate? What if you decide to use Rath? He comes late, and 7 base defence with a 10% growth rate is pretty naff. He isn't going to be taking too many hits, so the Angelic Robe is definitely viable for him too. I'd point out Matthew here too, but unless you're really lucky with your growths, Legault outclasses him in every way.

Lancereavers become purchasable at chapter... 24? The one when you fight either Lloyd or Linus for the first time. I believe they're obtainable then, anyway. It's been a while. Either way, Guy shouldn't be tackling anybody wielding a lance if they have sufficient skill, and neither should Lyndis, unless it's an airborne unit when she's promoted/lancereaver, but the latter can be applied to Guy too. I don't see the point in Karel when Harken exists, but that's just another personal preference. Karel's bulk is pretty awesome though.

The same applies to Rath as with the other main bow units, don't keep him in the front units, and he should be fine. His high movement allows him to have the same utility as Florina somewhat, and is great as a unit for high threat enemies. So he doesn't benefit from the Angelic Robe as much as Lyn since Rath shouldn't be exposed to 1 range much anyway.

Legault is so much better than Matthew, it's not even funny.

Just because lancereavers are purchasable and obtainable doesn't mean they should be used with no care. They are quite expensive, with sword weapons in GBA FE being more expensive over other physical weapons in general, and are a valuable resource to have for your sword units. Besides, most of the time I only bring one Sword-locked unit if I really want to bring one, and that one tends to be Lyn since I do Lyn Mode beforehand. If i did do a Lyn mode-less HHM run, i would probably end up using Raven LT over Guy because Raven's bases are much better, and he can use Axes as a Hero, leading to much more versatility than Guy would have having next to no range options and only having lancereavers as a backup.

Also, fast bow users against fliers = awesomesauce.

Edited by N7 Average Azn (Rindisu)

I didn't feel like it was stubborn at all, you were just stating your opinions and facts.

I see. I've been told that when I'm annoyed/agitated at/by something, I can be quite stubborn and/or narrow minded. Glad to see I wasn't

Seems heated in here.

da fuck