Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Quite a veteran then. Played more than me. I've completed, 7, 8 and 13, and playing through 4, 6 and to a lesser extent, 11. Out of them all so far, 4 and 6 have been the most challenging (except FE13 Lunatic mode. I don't claim to be good at the series, and I can't seem to beat Grima no matter what I do. I've handled EXP badly, yet my pride won't have me grinding) due to different reasons. I would love to play FE9, but my laptop is abysmal and it's quite expensive over here. I'm also not a fan of Ike's design in FE10, and you can probably guess why. Much prefer his more leaner appearance in FE9. Ike in SSBB was all right, I thought. Definitely the powerhouse. I'm not someone who indulges in hate though, so I'll leave it as that

I'm going to sleep now. If this is continued, I'll reply tomorrow

Eh, I'm usually pretty casual and didn't get over the emulator phobia until recently, so I don't think I'm that special. FE10!Ike is probably my least favorite lord ever, mostly since his FE9 characterization was kind of amusing, if a little dumb, at times. And every time FE9's price is brought up, I get really guilty because the price I paid for it two or so years ago was really low. And Aforementioned Marth Fangirl (you know I should probably stop using that name and just say Diagon) played FE9 very recently, and the thread where we're supposed to talk about FE wound up turning into FE9 advice from me and not much else. She did say it took her some time to get the ROM to work.

John, I usually arena abuse so I have more funds than I could ever ask for. I don't care much for tactician ratings honestly. So I usually consider Eli the best of the three. Lyn can't do enough to the Fire Dragon anyway. Also, since we were still on the 100 crit topic then, I kind of assumed Crits wouldn't be an asset.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

John, I usually arena abuse so I have more funds than I could ever ask for. I don't care much for tactician ratings honestly. So I usually consider Eli the best of the three. Lyn can't do enough to the Fire Dragon anyway. Also, since we were still on the 100 crit topic then, I kind of assumed Crits wouldn't be an asset.

Well if AA-ing is involved, then any character can be usable at that point. Even if you weren't going for a good rating, if AA-ing wasn't involved, in L/HHM, Lyn would be much more usable due to having all the EXP gained from Lyn mode, even if all of it didn't go to her. Also, i wasn't considering 100% crit to be involved in how Lyn is compared to Eliwood.

Lyn may not be able to do much to the Fire Dragon, but Eliwood tends to get ORKO'd while using Durandal if he isn't Spd blessed also, making Eliwood hindered just as much as Lyn would be.

Well if AA-ing is involved, then any character can be usable at that point. Even if you weren't going for a good rating, if AA-ing wasn't involved, in L/HHM, Lyn would be much more usable due to having all the EXP gained from Lyn mode, even if all of it didn't go to her. Also, i wasn't considering 100% crit to be involved in how Lyn is compared to Eliwood.

Lyn may not be able to do much to the Fire Dragon, but Eliwood tends to get ORKO'd while using Durandal if he isn't Spd blessed also, making Eliwood hindered just as much as Lyn would be.

Eliwood still has a horse

And his weapon gives +5 strength

This is what happened when I tried to use all three lords:

5Bfnsnb.jpgRPtQVQZ.jpg

Hector sucked

Did you go Eliwood mode? Eliwood is actually good there because of being able to feed him a couple of levels before he meets Hector. However, if you go HHM and don't AA, he gets a lot of time sitting on the bench due to being way too inefficient and being much more inconsistent in his usability compared to Lyn (even if you don't go Lyn Mode first, her Mani Katti is much more useful than his Rapier). Also, your Eliwood is level 20, while Lyn is only 8. that's 12 more levels that he has on her.

Edited by N7 Average Azn (Rindisu)

Did you go Eliwood mode? Eliwood is actually good there because of being able to feed him a couple of levels before he meets Hector. However, if you go HHM and don't AA, he gets a lot of time sitting on the bench due to being way too inefficient and being much more inconsistent in his usability compared to Lyn (even if you don't go Lyn Mode first, her Mani Katti is much more useful than his Rapier). Also, your Eliwood is level 20, while Lyn is only 8. that's 12 more levels that he has on her.

This is HNM without AA

The level difference further proves my point, Lyn didn't get enough exp because she couldn't kill anything

Eliwood soloed half of VoD

This is HNM without AA

The level difference further proves my point, Lyn didn't get enough exp because she couldn't kill anything

Eliwood soloed half of CoD

Just to get this out there, I do like Lyn. She's a good character, but Guy is way better, and Eliwood and Hector are better lords

My feelings and attachments towards Lyn has nothing to do with how I place her status of usability compared to Eliwood.

I'm just basing how much more useful she is compared to Eliwood in HHM.

Also, HNM is easy sauce compared to HHM. Eliwood has much more of a chance to gain EXP due to being able to take more than 1 hit without dying. Also, HHM has much more enemy units and reinforcements, meaning more units to double team Eliwood and kill him. Eliwood starting out with only 5 Def doesn't help much considering that he can't dodge consistently compared to Lyn.

Base level Eliwood has 5 Str with 45% Str Growth, while base level Lyn has 4 Str and 40% Str Growth. Not too much of a significant difference. But Lyn has one thing that Eliwood doesn't, speed. Her base speed helps her double much faster than Eliwood, and reliably lets her engage Axe units effectively with relatively low risk to let her gain EXP.

Overall, I just feel Lyn is better than Eliwood.

I think we should agree to disagree here

You know, Lyn is a lot like Roy. Good character, and I reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to see them in SSB4, but not a very good unit (In my opinion, no offense)

Legit.

Except Roy is the son of a shitter lord.

I guess I just see Guy as way better, especially in HHM

I can see where you're coming from, but you've got to admit that Eliwood's horse is better

Also why did you change VoD to CoD? I was talking about Victory or Death

Sorry I thought you were talking about CoD.

Guys is quite better than base Lyn, but I tend to go through Lyn mode, so Lyn ends up being much better than than Guy by that point due to having the EXP beforehand. Lyn is also a required endgame unit, so might as well pour EXP into her as well as Eliwood to hope that they turn out good.

Also, the horse isn't that much better. It makes him vulnerable to Calvary effective weapons, and 7 move isn't that much better compared to 6. Plus there's still the fact that he won't be guaranteed to double the majority of the enemy force like Lyn is 80% of the time.

Another also.

In the average amount of runs that I've had, I've never had a Lyn that was as bad as Roy for me, where Roy wouldn't be able to double effectively unless he gets really lucky in Spd growths, and doesn't really pick up in HM until after his promotion.

Sorry I thought you were talking about CoD.

Guys is quite better than base Lyn, but I tend to go through Lyn mode, so Lyn ends up being much better than than Guy by that point due to having the EXP beforehand. Lyn is also a required endgame unit, so might as well pour EXP into her as well as Eliwood to hope that they turn out good.

Also, the horse isn't that much better. It makes him vulnerable to Calvary effective weapons, and 7 move isn't that much better compared to 6. Plus there's still the fact that he won't be guaranteed to double the majority of the enemy force like Lyn is 80% of the time.

Another also.

In the average amount of runs that I've had, I've never had a Lyn that was as bad as Roy for me, where Roy wouldn't be able to double effectively unless he gets really lucky in Spd growths, and doesn't really pick up in HM until after his promotion.

I feel like Lyn just seems to do better for you than me, I've never had Lyn get 15 strength

Except for one run, where she got to level twenty and had eighteen strength

Also J

Eliwood sucks

5Bfnsnb.jpg