• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

1 minute ago, Hitori said:

MY BESTFRIEND TEACHER RECOMMENDED ME A FILM TODAY AND I WATCHED IT AND IT WAS SO SAD I CRIED THREE SEPARATE TIMES AND MY HEART STILL HURTS

What was the movie?

And I understand crying during movies.

1 minute ago, Hitori said:

MY BESTFRIEND TEACHER RECOMMENDED ME A FILM TODAY AND I WATCHED IT AND IT WAS SO SAD I CRIED THREE SEPARATE TIMES AND MY HEART STILL HURTS

What was the movie?

15 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

What was the movie?

okja, it's a netflix original w south korean/american actors. he recommended it bcos he knows i like asian films and wow gosh it was way better than i expected. from the description on netflix i was like eh but man wow

Spoiler

idk how to explain the plot without spoiling too much but here goes: a huge-ass corporation has 26 superpigs that grow super super big, it sends them to local farmers across the world and says that it will crown the biggest superpig the winner in ten years. the goal of this is to, u kno, make lots and lots of food, because supposedly these superpigs are super super safe and mate often naturally and they're great and stuff. fast-forward ten years and the south korean superpig (okja) is decided the winner and is taken away but the granddaughter (mija) of her owner is very upset because she grew up with that pig. she hears that it is being sent to seoul and then to new york and runs away from home to save okja

a lot more happens after that but i can't really say very much without ruining things :x it's very good, it's a little long at 2 hours but still enjoyable. my only complaint is that it had a lot of untied plot ends and the ending wasn't 100 percent satisfying but as an emotional person.........i liked it

14 minutes ago, PKLucas531 said:

oops that was at ur shitpost dilemma but i will aid u for anything

o wow thats even better tbh

it is a little late tho but thx anyway.....

9 minutes ago, Hitori said:

okja, it's a netflix original w south korean/american actors. he recommended it bcos he knows i like asian films and wow gosh it was way better than i expected. from the description on netflix i was like eh but man wow

Reveal hidden contents

idk how to explain the plot without spoiling too much but here goes: a huge-ass corporation has 26 superpigs that grow super super big, it sends them to local farmers across the world and says that it will crown the biggest superpig the winner in ten years. the goal of this is to, u kno, make lots and lots of food, because supposedly these superpigs are super super safe and mate often naturally and they're great and stuff. fast-forward ten years and the south korean superpig (okja) is decided the winner and is taken away but the granddaughter (mija) of her owner is very upset because she grew up with that pig. she hears that it is being sent to seoul and then to new york and runs away from home to save okja

a lot more happens after that but i can't really say very much without ruining things :x it's very good, it's a little long at 2 hours but still enjoyable. my only complaint is that it had a lot of untied plot ends and the ending wasn't 100 percent satisfying but as an emotional person.........i liked it

o wow thats even better tbh

it is a little late tho but thx anyway.....

huh. Never heard of it before, but the premise is certainly unique. And it seems like it's recognized as a good movie since it received the Palme d'Or at the Cannes festival.

omg today i was doing holocaust homework and like, u guys kno how hitler loves animals right?? well apparently one of hitler's officials gave him a poisonous pill by request except hitler didn't trust him and thought it was fake so he gave it to his dog blondi and she died and he was "beyond upset" and it was the most ridiculous thing i have ever read

Edited by Hitori
stan hitori

13 minutes ago, Hitori said:

I VAGUELY REMEMBER READING ABOUT THE CANNES FESTIVAL BUT EXPLAIN BECAUSE IM INTRIGUED AND WANT TO HEAR IT FROM YOU

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I do hear about it often considering it takes place in France and so the media here in Québec often talk about it. It's one of the bigger international film festival out there and often showcases more artsy films than the standard Hollywood blockbuster. IIRC it features movies in a variety of languages since they take a lot of their selection from various European countries. 

40 minutes ago, Hitori said:

omg today i was doing holocaust homework and like, u guys kno how hitler loves animals right?? well apparently one of hitler's officials gave him a poisonous pill by request except hitler didn't trust him and thought it was fake so he gave it to his dog blondi and she died and he was "beyond upset" and it was the most ridiculous thing i have ever read

dude :(

4 hours ago, Hitori said:

I remember reading this years ago. Poor Blondi.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:35 PM, LuxSpes said:

This is what I realized after reading the manga. The premise is really unsettling, but the story tackles a lot of dark subjects and doesn't try to portray its premise as something healthy or good. I found what I read pretty interesting honestly. 

And I would be happy to teach that crow.

huh
whats this called again?

On 10/11/2017 at 10:14 AM, LuxSpes said:

And double post haven't gone away either.

really?
havent seen much on my end

inb4 this is the post that double posts

15 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

huh
whats this called again?

really?
havent seen much on my end

inb4 this is the post that double posts

The Ancient Magus' Bride or Mahō Tsukai no Yome if you prefer the original name.

I've had the OP stuck in my head since I saw it.

I've gotten and seen a few since the update.

Edited by LuxSpes

18 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I do hear about it often considering it takes place in France and so the media here in Québec often talk about it. It's one of the bigger international film festival out there and often showcases more artsy films than the standard Hollywood blockbuster. IIRC it features movies in a variety of languages since they take a lot of their selection from various European countries. 

wow that's cool that this movie won something then!! it sounds super prestigious

18 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

dude :(

14 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I remember reading this years ago. Poor Blondi.

ye it's pretty something...

3 minutes ago, Hitori said:

I JUST SPENT A MILLION BELLS ON A CROWN BUT THEN I REMEMBERED THAT I ALREADY HAVE A TIARA WITH REALLY CUTE PRINCESS CURLS AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO WEAR

Shame you can't wear both at the same time.

Edited by LuxSpes