Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Lmao IS won’t stop trying to nerf Reinhardt

They also just gave him a new busted teammate. Horse Emblem with Reinhardt, B!Lyn and Sigurd will be hell to deal with. 

And it's not like Reinhardt isn't still busted for player content (unless everything starts running Deflect Magic)

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

2 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

they need to find a way to counter horse units in general

a ploy skill that limits movement like the Gravity staff does would be cool

They really do, especially with the ranged dancers now being a thing. Melee dancers usually moved before stuff like Reihardt and B!Lyn, but now they can move after, which can double their movement range.

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

They also just gave him a new busted teammate. Horse Emblem with Reinhardt, B!Lyn and Sigurd will be hell to deal with. 

And it's not like Reinhardt isn't still busted for player content (unless everything starts running Deflect Magic)

True

They keep trying to nerf horses with... more horses. Which obviously isn't effective.

That said, Reinhardt definitely decame a smaller issue on the arena now that distant magic is a thing. I don't think they're particularly worried about balancing him on player content.

They really do, especially with the ranged dancers now being a thing. Melee dancers usually moved before stuff like Reihardt and B!Lyn, but now they can move after, which can double their movement range.

yeah, tbh Reinhardt and Bow Lyn by themselves aren't that much of an issue. The problem is those two with dancers. Specially if it's all at once.

Nothing worse on the arena than a team that is Reinhardt + Lyn + 2 dancers.

1 hour ago, FrostyFireMage said:

they need to find a way to counter horse units in general

a ploy skill that limits movement like the Gravity staff does would be cool

I like wrecking everything with horse emblem so no thanks

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

True

They keep trying to nerf horses with... more horses. Which obviously isn't effective.

That said, Reinhardt definitely decame a smaller issue on the arena now that distant magic is a thing. I don't think they're particularly worried about balancing him on player content.

They gave up on making cavalry not the stronger option and just decided to make it so you can counter cavalry better with your cavalry. 

Reinhardt was admittedly not much of an issue for thanks to my Nino, but Deidre and Sigurd will greatly reduce her utility if they become more prevalent in the arena. I guess that's where Lucina and Azura come in, though Deflect Melee Sigurd will be a huge pain. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

yeah, tbh Reinhardt and Bow Lyn by themselves aren't that much of an issue. The problem is those two with dancers. Specially if it's all at once.

Nothing worse on the arena than a team that is Reinhardt + Lyn + 2 dancers.

In my arena run this week, I re-rolled every time the lead unit for advanced was a horse or one of the ranged dancer. It's absolute hell dealing with a Lyn that can be danced. I'd need to use a Raventome for that, but it would kill my score to replace Lucina by Sanaki.

16 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

They gave up on making cavalry not the stronger option and just decided to make it so you can counter cavalry better with your cavalry. 

Reinhardt was admittedly not much of an issue for thanks to my Nino, but Deidre and Sigurd will greatly reduce her utility if they become more prevalent in the arena. I guess that's where Lucina and Azura come in, though Deflect Melee Sigurd will be a huge pain. 

In my arena run this week, I re-rolled every time the lead unit for advanced was a horse or one of the ranged dancer. It's absolute hell dealing with a Lyn that can be danced. I'd need to use a Raventome for that, but it would kill my score to replace Lucina by Sanaki.

I never thought about deflect meele Sigurd. That sounds super annoying to deal with, specially if coupled with wings of mercy or something, since he'd probably not be killed if baited.

i'm still on rank 17 (ugh ranks go up so slowly), so I don't really worry about scores other than doing deathless runs, so it allows for more flexibility when building teams. I'm currently going with BLucina, BLyn, Cecilia and Shigure. Yeah, I'm one of those Ranged Dancer + Brave Lyn people haha. The scores I get are pretty low, though (like, around 685). Should be enough to get to tier 20, but not to stay at it.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

I never thought about deflect meele Sigurd. That sounds super annoying to deal with, specially if coupled with wings of mercy or something, since he'd probably not be killed if baited.

i'm still on rank 17 (ugh ranks go up so slowly), so I don't really worry about scores other than doing deathless runs, so it allows for more flexibility when building teams. I'm currently going with BLucina, BLyn, Cecilia and Shigure. Yeah, I'm one of those Ranged Dancer + Brave Lyn people haha. The scores I get are pretty low, though (like, around 685). Should be enough to get to tier 20, but not to stay at it.

He just sounds awful to deal with. Close Defense gives him stupid bulk against melee fighters, Crusader's Ward make him laugh at mage and archers and as if that wasn't bad enough for the mages, he has Divine Tyrfing.

If he has more than 52 magical bulk, he can survive a +10 Deathblow 3 +Atk fully buffed Blarblade Reinhardt, which is the hardest hitting blue mage in the game. It was fine when the only tanky units were the armors since they were so sluggish you could deal with the rest of the team and focus on them, but a tank with 3 mov than can keep up with Reinhardt and Lyn will be a nightmare to deal with. You'll need to choose between killing the 2 ranged nukes while finding a way of shielding your squishy units from Sigurd or focus Sigurd while leaving the 2 other monsters alive. That's the worst case scenario anyway. Hopefully they won't give Sigurd a boosted BST, so he'll have to deal with the lower stats that being a cavalry brings. Or watch them make Valflame ignore damage reduction and give Arvis Swordbreaker.

I'm currently able to stay in Tier 20 using Nino+10, Lucina+6 and Azura+4  and a random bonus unit, but the last two seasons were hard because Alfonse is much inferior to Elincia, who I used as my bonus unit in the previous seasons. At least it's going to change next week.

He just sounds awful to deal with. Close Defense gives him stupid bulk against melee fighters, Crusader's Ward make him laugh at mage and archers and as if that wasn't bad enough for the mages, he has Divine Tyrfing.

If he has more than 52 magical bulk, he can survive a +10 Deathblow 3 +Atk fully buffed Blarblade Reinhardt, which is the hardest hitting blue mage in the game. It was fine when the only tanky units were the armors since they were so sluggish you could deal with the rest of the team and focus on them, but a tank with 3 mov than can keep up with Reinhardt and Lyn will be a nightmare to deal with. You'll need to choose between killing the 2 ranged nukes while finding a way of shielding your squishy units from Sigurd or focus Sigurd while leaving the 2 other monsters alive. That's the worst case scenario anyway. Hopefully they won't give Sigurd a boosted BST, so he'll have to deal with the lower stats that being a cavalry brings. Or watch them make Valflame ignore damage reduction and give Arvis Swordbreaker.

I'm currently able to stay in Tier 20 using Nino+10, Lucina+6 and Azura+4  and a random bonus unit, but the last two seasons were hard because Alfonse is much inferior to Elincia, who I used as my bonus unit in the previous seasons. At least it's going to change next week.

one thing that can probably take him down would be bulky lancer with sapphire lance

subaki. your time is now

27 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

one thing that can probably take him down would be bulky lancer with sapphire lance

subaki. your time is now

Even then, if he has Deflect Melee, he could be hard to take him down unless you one shot him. It's gonna come down to his stat spread.

And Subaki has terrible Atk, which isn't helped by my 5* Subaki being -Atk.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Even then, if he has Deflect Melee, he could be hard to take him down unless you one shot him. It's gonna come down to his stat spread.

And Subaki has terrible Atk, which isn't helped by my 5* Subaki being -Atk.

of course someone with more attack with subaki lol
or at least until that ignis proc :^)

i was probably thinking someone bulkier with more attack and sword slaying like...
camus?
maybe oscar with swordbreaker or abel with something like luna or moonbow as a special?
lukas for that ignis proc
just some ideas i went through

and -atk?
that sounds depressing
why didnt you give anyone else qr3 yet?

1 minute ago, Trisitei said:

of course someone with more attack with subaki lol
or at least until that ignis proc :^)

i was probably thinking someone bulkier with more attack and sword slaying like...
camus?
maybe oscar with swordbreaker or abel with something like luna or moonbow as a special?
lukas for that ignis proc
just some ideas i went through

and -atk?
that sounds depressing
why didnt you give anyone else qr3 yet?

I meant to strikethrough the Subaki part.

If you're attacking Sigurd with a lance unit that doubles him that has decent attack, I don't think he'll be too hard to take down. The main problem is if you try to bait him. Even if you double him, if he has Deflect Melee on and you fail to 1HKO him, the second hit will be as strong as a wet noodle. Heck, assuming my +2 Lukas with 48 Def procced Ignis under the effect of Deflect Melee, it would do below 14 damage to Sigurd. That's how strong those Deflect skills are.

I guess it's because I kinda like Subaki and QR2 is often serviceable enough. He was useful one season when he was a bonus unit and I had failed to pull anything from the banner.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I meant to strikethrough the Subaki part.

If you're attacking Sigurd with a lance unit that doubles him that has decent attack, I don't think he'll be too hard to take down. The main problem is if you try to bait him. Even if you double him, if he has Deflect Melee on and you fail to 1HKO him, the second hit will be as strong as a wet noodle. Heck, assuming my +2 Lukas with 48 Def procced Ignis under the effect of Deflect Melee, it would do below 14 damage to Sigurd. That's how strong those Deflect skills are.

I guess it's because I kinda like Subaki and QR2 is often serviceable enough. He was useful one season when he was a bonus unit and I had failed to pull anything from the banner.

bait him close enough to kill him on enemy phase i guess?
idk its something i've been getting better with the devil, brave lyn because like hell im letting someone take a beating from her when theres three other people left to kill. unless they're my eldigan with renewal 3 with 37 def but even then thats a risk i dont like taking
those skills really are
maybe when dataminers drop the stats maybe there'll be more ideas on what to do.
maybe he'll be really fragile or not too fast

kind of why i haven't gotten rid of this five star palla that spooked me in my free pull
probably not gonna do much with her until i pull some +atk palla so i can five star her and merge her with the -atk one i got

bait him close enough to kill him on enemy phase i guess?
idk its something i've been getting better with the devil, brave lyn because like hell im letting someone take a beating from her when theres three other people left to kill. unless they're my eldigan with renewal 3 with 37 def but even then thats a risk i dont like taking
those skills really are
maybe when dataminers drop the stats maybe there'll be more ideas on what to do.
maybe he'll be really fragile or not too fast

kind of why i haven't gotten rid of this five star palla that spooked me in my free pull
probably not gonna do much with her until i pull some +atk palla so i can five star her and merge her with the -atk one i got

I do the same with brave Lyn since I have no Raven mage on my team at the moment. Sometime I bait her with Nino if there's no Reinhardt since she has 70 physical bulk and 48 Spd, which means that not much aside of brave weapons and reds can 1 round her. G Tomebreaker Cecilias are a pain though.

Just now, Trisitei said:

im guessing shes reaching bulk with stuff like fury, defense tiles and distant defense?

It's actually a combination of Fury, being +10 and summoner support :

Spoiler

pxSpQV7.png

Probably could replace that Atk seal with Distant Defense to give her 36 Def and 40 Res when she's attacked at range and standing next to Lucina(I supported those two together)

Now thats a girl that'll do her best

distant defense seal would be great
really does sound like the bestest of friends to have in this arena

doesnt brave lucina have some defense buffs?

Now thats a girl that'll do her best

distant defense seal would be great
really does sound like the bestest of friends to have in this arena

doesnt brave lucina have some defense buffs?

She can still struggle against Brave Lyn due to Mulagir nullifying her buffs. But she's my MVP most matches.

And considering I'm sitting on 298 Sacred Coins, I should use 150 them on getting Distant Defense upgraded.

Don't mention Brave Lucina please

7d796b9c2f.jpg

But Brave Lucina is more of an offensive support. Her weapon has a 2 tiles wide Atk/Spd+3 Aura for physical units and she has Drive Spd 3.

My Lucina gives 2 Def/Res in battle to Nino if she's beside her because they're supporting.

good job nino

go do it, man
do it for nino

that silhouette of depression
im so sorry, man

i know that
time to kill roderick for drive defense

f9365a5192.jpg

Doing my best

It probably wouldn't hurt as bad if the best thing I got for those orbs were 1 B!Ike and 2 B!Roy with terrible natures, 1 regular Lucina and a bunch of pity breakers I already had at 5*.

I'm planning on killing a Roderick, but it's to give Cordelia a Firesweep Lance.

If the game gives me a +Spd/-Def Cordelia, I'm going to use her.

hah, I have a similar Cordelia, mine is +SPD -RES

I killed my extra Hana to give her LaD3, but in retrospect I think I should have given it to Elincia.

Maybe I should promote a Rody to give her a Firesweep lance as well when I get enough feathers.