QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

I'm pretty decent for an amateur and can see a couple moves ahead but presumably anyone with a knowledge of openings would slaughter me. As far as other people on this forum go I am better than Makaze but worse than Kay.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty decent for an amateur and can see a couple moves ahead but presumably anyone with a knowledge of openings would slaughter me. As far as other people on this forum go I am better than Makaze but worse than Kay.

I generally consider myself this, except the only SF comparison I have is Sho, who beat me. Slightly.

Also I can't beat Refa's answer, whenever he gets around to posting it.

Edited by Euklyd

the last time i played chess seriously was about twelve years ago but i have a swanky brass set (heh.)

i was really good at it for a ten year old i guess but i'm probably ass now

I love chess.

Played since Kindergarten, and I've lost quite a lot of matches, but also won a fair few. I'm regarded in my family as the best at chess. :>

When I play the Chess Titans game on the computer I always lose to the intermediate difficulty level and tie/draw with beginner level~ (I forget if I lost as well on beginner level or if it was always a draw)

Have only ever played a couple times, and given I know there's a fuckin science to it and literal titles denoting recognized proficiencies, I assume it's safe to call myself a nonthreat

I feel like... maybe I used to be better?

But lately I know I'm really horrible at it~

I feel like this too, but then I realise I was like, five or six? And yeah, my family probably went easy on me so as to not hurt my feelings.

Now, though? Pretty bad. I can drag out a game forever, at least, so that's gotta count for something.

I'm fairly decent. I've only ever lost to a few people playing face-to-face. When I started trying to play online against people though my win-rate plummeted.

Chess is my favorite traditional game. But no one ever wants to play it ;___;