QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be pretty good relative to other people in my age group when I was younger. My skills did not improve much over the years.

I had a teacher that said he hated playing me because all of my moves had little thought but worked just enough for me to be annoying to play.

Other than that I have like no experience.

i played chess once in middle school and we didn't follow the rules at all besides the basic movement patterns so i had a knight literally go in a square because "that was an L shape" and i won

I'd probably play more chess if we had IRL wizard chess

get on it physicists

fuck your supercolliders

i forget the name of this style but it's awesome, and more fun than standard chess imo. one side has 4 pawns and a king, two moves total, the other side is completely normal.

I lost to Piemanmj online once, back when he was 12 or something, but I don't know how good he is.

My dad used to trash the captain of the chess team at his school. I've never taken a fair game from him. But I can beat him if he plays riskily, probably because I take half an hour on each move trying to think about five turns ahead.

I'd probably play more chess if we had IRL wizard chess

get on it physicists

fuck your supercolliders

this is the only correct answer

I'm fairly decent. I've only ever lost to a few people playing face-to-face. When I started trying to play online against people though my win-rate plummeted.

Chess is my favorite traditional game. But no one ever wants to play it ;___;

This one is most accurate for me too except I don't play much online.

I'm too good at finding ways to ignore things.

I'd probably have less wrong with me if I bothered to seriously consider the question when I ask it to myself.

alternatively, my foot hurts.

i feel like i'm not assertive enough in some situations. i don't like it when i'm angry/enraged --i'm explosive-- so i tend to just let most things slide instead; no use picking a fight when nothing's that big a deal, right? but sometimes i feel as if people think they can walk over me, or that i'm actually a pushover, which i don't feel is the case. i'm most certainly not a "yes man," not by a long shot, it's those different types of interactions where i feel people try to fuck me over. i'm working on this, though.

i also used to think that the ol' astrophysics route might be a very poor choice for me because i wasn't good enough. turns out, when you work hard, you get fucking amazing results. couldn't be happier or more confident in my abilities at this point.

Depressed and anxious wreck due to abuse suffered during childhood from parents and peers physically, emotionally and sexually. Although the sexual abuse was only from fellow classmates.

Very little to no self-esteem and confidence and social skills. I generally distrust in people. Very susceptible to negativity and positivity. Typically in a bad mood because I generally feel worthless and unwanted. Keyword feel.