QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

Drakkhen was an awesome game to suck at (or watch people suck at). I remember watching my brother or maybe my brother's friend play it. He went in this big world map area at one point and then got attacked by a super powerful dragon iirc that he was no match for. The game seemed to lack much rhyme or reason.

Its hilarious when you actually figure out how that game works. I dont...even know how i even figured it out, but i did.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Castlevania 64. Well, technically Legacy of Darkness but the two are essentially the same game.

This, so so very much. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say it's one of my favorite games of all time.

The first case is so amazing IMO. I also like the third case. Not a huge fan of the second and the fourth, except when you see Kristoph's psyche locks.

fuck

that

that was the moment that gave me more chills than anything else in the history of media i have consumed, jesus christ

i was waiting for somebody to post exactly that and fortunately you made my point extremely easy to make:

fire emblem awakening was excellently received

i love you and want you inside me, platonically

In terms of the response itself being poor, Elite Beat Agents should have sold ten times what it did you fucking guys

or, maybe, like, 1.5x at least

basically I'm bitter that I didn't get another

For that, Beyond Good & Evil sold terribly despite it being great and being regarded as such. Makes me sad.

Edited by Tryhard

holy shit. It is possible to like spectral forces genesis.

YES. Especially when you look up HOW to get the full endings for the various nations, which amuse me. Oh, and it helped that I happened to have a huge soft spot for several characters.

Wait, wait, I am a Fire Emblem fanboy. Therefore I must say Shadow Dragon. I might never even have heard of Fire Emblem if it hadn't been for that game.

Oh, right, that too. Fun fact: When I picked the game up, it was so awesome that my car died.

Edited by eclipse

I derived enjoyment from Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, though admittedly I would only put it so far above the "6/10 completely unredeemable" range the reviews I saw did

In terms of fan response and "I might agree/see the points but also can enjoy it anyway," Brawl (I'm one of those) and The Old Republic

I really liked Bounty Hunter as well. It had some terrible sequences and a lot of repetition, but planning for a tricky bounty was fun, jetpacking was fun, the different weapons were fun, and the potential the game had was pretty apparent but never realized.

ultima online 1996?-1999

my dad taught babby aiku to "steal from red people, don't steal from blue people, steal from grey people if you can get away with it and there are no red people around" and rolled me a thief named Monkey and let me loose in a city. i had my own main, too!

everquest 1999-1999

everquest 1 solo for an eight year old was shit.

asheron's call 1999-1999

asheron's call sucked.

dark age of camelot 2001-2004 comma circa 2010 to 2011

dark age of camelot was the fucking bee's tits or whatever HIBERNIA FOR LIFE

city of heroes beta in 2004, on for several years, on and off until it died

rip city of heroes it had so many flaws but it was so so so so good and i miss it dearly

everquest 2 2004-2005, various two- to six-month segments after, retired for good in 2013

i was so deeply in love with everquest 2. the game now isn't the game i fell in love with, but we had good times.

EDIT: fun fact: the reason i love guild wars 2 so much is because it reminds me of my lost love eq2

world of warcraft 2005-2007, 2008-2008, 2009-2010

i will fight anybody who says classic wow and wrath of the lich king weren't great. fuck burning crusade except for netherstorm.

guild wars* 2005-2007

one character, a few pvp throwaway alts, over a thousand hours sunk.

* i don't consider guild wars 1 to be a proper mmorpg but a lot of people do so included for because

lord of the rings online 2007-2008, variously since

purchased a lifetime sub while the game was in beta for three accounts (me, dad, mom) and have no regrets.

warhammer online: age of reckoning 2008-2008

war almost nailed it. almost. then you hit level 20 and the whole game just fucking fell apart, it was really comical. rip my black orc, though.

guildFASHION WARS 2 2013-present

maria avelina is the prettiest elementalist in tyria, tell ya hwat

various mmos i participated in alpha/beta tests for include

vanguard: saga of heroes (lmao)

final fantasy xiv (it was really bad before the reboot)

champions online (take city of heroes and subtract the good parts)

star trek online (not my cup of tea)

dc universe online (take champions online and subtract the charm)

neverwinter (a huge & resounding meh)

elder scrolls online (^)

age of conan (i really do not understand why people thought that game was good)

dungeons and dragons online (holy fuck it was obtuse at launch).

Edited by Integrity

I've tried to play some MMOs but I don't think I ever made it past like, level 15

I wanted to play PSO2 a lot, had fun with the beta, but the english release basically isn't happening as far as I can see so I probably still won't get into MMOs!

I do remember doing some grinding for my cousin in some when I was younger, because I was like "woah cool a computer"

Edited by PKLucas531

ultima online 1996?-1999

my dad taught babby aiku to "steal from red people, don't steal from blue people, steal from grey people if you can get away with it and there are no red people around" and rolled me a thief named Monkey and let me loose in a city. i had my own main, too!

everquest 1999-1999

everquest 1 solo for an eight year old was shit.

asheron's call 1999-1999

asheron's call sucked.

dark age of camelot 2001-2004 comma circa 2010 to 2011

dark age of camelot was the fucking bee's tits or whatever HIBERNIA FOR LIFE

city of heroes beta in 2004, on for several years, on and off until it died

rip city of heroes it had so many flaws but it was so so so so good and i miss it dearly

everquest 2 2004-2005, various two- to six-month segments after, retired for good in 2013

i was so deeply in love with everquest 2. the game now isn't the game i fell in love with, but we had good times.

EDIT: fun fact: the reason i love guild wars 2 so much is because it reminds me of my lost love eq2

world of warcraft 2005-2007, 2008-2008, 2009-2010

i will fight anybody who says classic wow and wrath of the lich king weren't great. fuck burning crusade except for netherstorm.

guild wars* 2005-2007

one character, a few pvp throwaway alts, over a thousand hours sunk.

* i don't consider guild wars 1 to be a proper mmorpg but a lot of people do so included for because

lord of the rings online 2007-2008, variously since

purchased a lifetime sub while the game was in beta for three accounts (me, dad, mom) and have no regrets.

warhammer online: age of reckoning 2008-2008

war almost nailed it. almost. then you hit level 20 and the whole game just fucking fell apart, it was really comical. rip my black orc, though.

guildFASHION WARS 2 2013-present

maria avelina is the prettiest elementalist in tyria, tell ya hwat

various mmos i participated in alpha/beta tests for include

vanguard: saga of heroes (lmao)

final fantasy xiv (it was really bad before the reboot)

champions online (take city of heroes and subtract the good parts)

star trek online (not my cup of tea)

dc universe online (take champions online and subtract the charm)

neverwinter (a huge & resounding meh)

elder scrolls online (^)

age of conan (i really do not understand why people thought that game was good)

dungeons and dragons online (holy fuck it was obtuse at launch).

holy fucking shit this is a professional nerd

Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, City of Heroes and LotRO

I wanted to get into them but I never really did

rip specta