It's Time To Duel!!!! Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

To me, the announcement reads like Pegasus. Someone who has the ability to see the other person's hand and then maybe used an announcer card to say something? I dunno, that would require them knowing the hand before using the card though.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a massive re-read last night, here is a summary of my results:

- Shinori is still awful for everything I brought up in this post at the end of Day 1, and he disappeared during crunch time without committing to a wagon even though I asked everybody who was around for opinions. I think his apathy is coming from apathetic scum rather than town.

- On top of what I said about Green Poet yesterday, her posting history is pretty questionable:

- #110: Dislike how she tries to comment on popular targets specifically instead of just looking for scummy posts. Reminds me of RD last game.

- #160: Vhaltz was actively scumhunting at this point, but when Green Poet drops Vhaltz it's because her initial reasons for voting him no longer applied, when they didn't really apply here either. This discrepancy has me believe she just had her vote on Vhaltz for the sake of having a vote, not because she was scumhunting, and when she moved it off it was because he was no longer a viable lynch.

- #245: Psych analysis was relatively original but Psych wasn't very hard to make a case on and she didn't vote Psych until he was a viable wagon. I don't understand why Green Poet has had such trouble actually using her vote in this game unless she's particularly cautious about how she'll be seen. Complaint about Psych only talking about Vhaltz is also hypocritical since that's all Green Poet herself had done up until that point!

I think she's the most likely scum on the Psych wagon; in practice she was just a vote on easy wagons for most of D1.

- Eury's D1 SB case is still mostly retroactive, in fact she could have voted him in her #108 for the reasons she later voted him for but didn't. It's also scummy how she pushes SB's idea as having scum intent but then handwaves the people agreeing with it because she's "not sure if they're scumbuddies or dumb town", if she takes a stance then that affects how she should be reading SB's proposal in the first place so I find this very slimy.

- Randa, why did you ignore BBM's point about your NNR vote when he called you out?

##Vote: Shinori

In light of the flip, I also question Eury for hard-defending Vhaltz but ignoring Kay's awful jump on the wagon entirely and calling that vote "null", especially when BBM's Vhaltz vote seemed questionable to her. Eury, why did you give Kay a pass?

@Prims: Because I only saw it when I read his ISO. And that's kinda after he died. But to answer the his question, it wasnt the fact that NNR was lurking that made me think he was scum its the fact that he said he was trying to catch up and would post soon. Then he doesn't post again so I thought that was a bit weird.

Elieson is scolding me on skype for not shutting up, lol

I'm like 90% town on Poly, Prims and Randa, SB is at 75% town.

Prims' review on Shinori towards the end of the game is cool. I could see town!Shinori doing some of the stuffs like mistaking somebody for Balc who wasn't even playing, but overall 6/10 case would consider giving my vote. What sells it to me is that rereading deadline, Shinori wasn't giving much of a shit about anything but defending Eury. His vote on me towards the end of the day was purely a "don't lynch Eury" vote, never elaborating on why he thought I was likely scum, and what I find worst is that he never reacted to the Psych wagon building. He disappeared after promising content, was hanging around the thread for a while afterwards and never made any mention to the Psych wagon (which was starting right at the time he last posted). I've been scum recently enough to remember how hard it is to put out legit-looking content at deadline, and it looks like Shinori just couldn't come up with anything and decided to poof.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

Cut by Prims, well this is building fast.

Cut again. I never said I had a doc shot, I was making sure I wasn't getting NK'd by claiming all of my less useful powers. I'm essentially a shitty backup JoaT with situational utility.

I also had no hints at all towards people's cards being intentionally themed towards certain roles (see my reaction to Poly's claim and my talk about loverizer being RNG'd or not) because my cards seemed so random and felt like I was just given an RNG'd set of roles.

On the whole Shinori point he was around for the majority of the Psych wagon, I feel that scum would've tried to at least post some minor defense to earn townie points.

On the whole Shinori point he was around for the majority of the Psych wagon, I feel that scum would've tried to at least post some minor defense to earn townie points.

nah because then he'd have to push a counterwagon and that requires effort, I also don't think scum would really mind seeing Psych mislynched

Non-RNG'd hands are extremely obvious after the Psych flip but I'm a VT with seemingly random cards so yeah

I'll keep my last card's use hidden if you guys don't mind.

Shinori's only reason to vote me was "don't lynch Eury" and he would've been forced to read and put out a post. It's easy to say "scum would've done X instead" in hindsight, but at that juncture scum had everything to gain by sitting on my wagon because I was really close to being the day's lynch. I actually expected to wake up to my flip the following morning since getting a last minute wagon on Psych seemed hard to achieve with kirsche/SB gone and all of the people that had been barely active throughout the day.

To me, the announcement reads like Pegasus. Someone who has the ability to see the other person's hand and then maybe used an announcer card to say something? I dunno, that would require them knowing the hand before using the card though.

Which works with Pegasus flavour, actually. Millennium Eye and all.

Yeah, that was my point. I figured it was someone RPing as Pegasus so that when they claimed, they could be all "See, I was being Pegasus in my announcement."

Prims: Herp, I assumed someone else would use it, so I didn't. :S

Not knowing the target's hand until D2 results is why I said I think it's likely scum WIFOM. I initially theorized that Kaiba was scum and they were trying to frame him as town getting stalked by scum, in case they ever got run up and had to claim.

But the thing about Pegasus-crumb makes sense and there are probably many other uses for announcer that I can't think of so eh.

Yo, I actually exist now! I apologize about not saying anything D1, It took me forever to sift through posts and try and make sense of them. From the card graveyard, I'm guessing we've had some combination of a jankill, a scumkill and a bomb. I wouldn't think too much about the announcement, pretty much for the reasons scorri's said, unless some sort of crazy daytime ability exists or something. I also don't get why they'd reveal themselves either instead of doing something useful.

I'm guessing there's some sort of theme with hands, mine seems to have some sort of synergy.

I haven't been feeling well and due to some real life issues I may have to sub out if I don't feel that I can keep up with this game. My dad had to leave the house for the weekend because he's visiting his dad who is sick and they say he might not make it through the weekend so I'm stuck with a lot of busy stuff irls. But I do want to say I feel like SB is misrepping me cause I have been scumhunting but whatever. And the reason I ended up not posting at the end of the phase yesterday was cause I ended up falling asleep fairly early.

I'm gonna be gone for a bit dealing with stuff. And try to get a post in later this evening and if I can't really get the chance to I might have to sub out.

That's a good question!

I want to ISO Eury at some point and hear her answer to the point about Kay. Uhm... Kirsche feels really unmemorable, all I remember is him pushing Eury and not much else, but need to ISO him too...

Oh. Bearclaw. All he did yesterday was vote Randa, say he didn't want to lynch Vhaltz, and... that's about it. His case on Randa feels weak to me as well.

##Vote: Bearclaw