NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I meant that Bradshaw was the best QB the Steelers ever had, not that he was the best in the league. Even Ben has only broken one or two of his records. :P And Franco Harris is a Hall of Famer!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of players who weren't that great are in the hall of fame. See: Aikman, Troy. Lots of people don't think Lynn Swann deserved it either ("Hall of Very Good"), but being a major face of a dynasty does help.

Franco Harris doesn't compare favorably to backs of his time or after his time. Jim Brown, Ladanian Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, OJ Simpson, and Thurman Thomas were better than Franco Harris... on the same note Bradshaw is actually not as talented as Roethlisberger, considering the Steelers offense had no complexity and according to Bradshaw himself "only ran about five plays." All he had was the arm and that's all they really needed from him.

Oh, really? Guess I didn't ask my stepdad enough questions then. xP

I just figured that to be a dominating team, a team had to have both a really good offense AND a really good defense.

Edited by Anacybele

When were the Browns best? The fifties and the early sixties. We haven't won a championship since 1964, and that was the pre-Super Bowl era (and this is also the most recent championship of ANY of the three Cleveland sports teams, but that goes beyond the scope of this topic). We've never even appeared in a Super Bowl.

You can see why Browns fans tend to be incredibly pessimistic overall.

You can see why Browns fans tend to be incredibly pessimistic overall.

Yeah. But if the Browns (or any consistently bad team, for that matter) want to get better, there are two things they should have: lots of really hardcore fans and smart owners/coaching staff. Take the Steeler Nation, for example. Steeler fans are very serious about their team remaining consistently good and if there's even one or two bad seasons, they start getting pissy and demand change. And that's why this change happens. Because even though some of these fans sound like buttholes (only a small percentage of them, thankfully), they're typically right when they say certain changes need to happen.

Back in the nineties, when the Steelers lost the Super Bowl to the Cowboys, fans were so pissed off that they ran the QB at the time out of town. Literally. Because they all believed he threw the game.

Steeler fans love their team. The Browns just need some of that same love, really, from both the fans and the staff. And I'd like to see them be pretty good for once, mind you. I love competitive games between the Steelers and their division rivals. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't say fans chased him with pitchforks and burning torches, geez. But if they HAD done something along the lines of that, it IS crossing the line, I agree.

Edited by Anacybele

Rodgers looks sorta flustered, he's been looking good once they crossed midfield tho (because Sherman blocked someone into Earl Thomas lol).

Yeah. But if the Browns (or any consistently bad team, for that matter) want to get better, there are two things they should have: lots of really hardcore fans and smart owners/coaching staff.

Because that's so easy, although the fans have little to do with things unless you want them to scream like crazy in a sound-amplifying stadium (see: Seahawks).

The Packers held the monstrous Seahawks to a FG. Maybe the Seahawks won't find such an easy victory. Honestly, even though I prefer the Seahawks, I'd like them to lose this time so they get a real slap in the face for the BS that was the play I mentioned earlier. They did not deserve that win at all. I'd like the Packers to get sweet vengeance for that day.

Aaaand, the Packers get a fast TD! Whoa.

Edited by Anacybele

Browns have the most hardcore fans if anything, because the city literally fought the NFL to retain the rights to their team in 96.

And the fans have lasted through 50 years of bad. Ranging from "what are those the lions" to "what are those the raiders" level of failure. And they still route for them. That's hardcore.

If they're so hardcore, why are they pessimistic as ClevelandSteve says? I'm inclined to believe him since he's an actual Browns fan.

Also, Steeler Nation thinking they're the best fans is probably more of a joke stemming from that old theme song. It literally has a line that says "The Steeler Nation has the best fans! Cause we're from Pittsburgh the five time Super Bowl champs!" (note it was made before Super Bowl 43)

I can't imagine why they'd seriously believe they're better fans than any other. I certainly don't think we are. xP

And the fans have lasted through 50 years of bad. Ranging from "what are those the lions" to "what are those the raiders" level of failure. And they still route for them. That's hardcore.

They had success, just nothing past an AFCCG. They lost like 3-4 AFCCGs in the 80s, and basically whenever the Steelers weren't good the Bengals/Browns made it far into playoffs and lost. They've only made the playoffs twice since the 80s though, once under Belichick and once in like 2002... they had a 10-6 record and missed the playoffs in 2007 though lol

If they're so hardcore, why are they pessimistic as ClevelandSteve says? I'm inclined to believe him since he's an actual Browns fan.

You can be hardcore and pessimistic. Hoping they win and expecting them to let you down. Edited by Lord Raven

Rodgers played like shit today lol, he looked completely rattled and he threw a lot of bad passes

"Fail Mary" must still be eating at those guys. Man, poor Rodgers... Can't blame him though.

Edited by Anacybele