Mafia - Training Filler - Confirmation Phase

Grace

Yeah, I agree with Eukyld. Open Setup is nicer here because that way you have a clear idea of what every single role actually does and there's no guessing involved or speculation. Makes fakeclaiming a bit harder though, but it's nice to know what the roles are.

EDIT: Actually after bothering to read the last page I'd vote for Semi-Open setup over Open, just so fakeclaiming isn't a pain in the ass.

Fakeclaiming would basically be "I claim vanilla." Assuming a setup similar to the 9-player setup, there's no Watcher to punish taking night actions that don't match up with your vanillaclaim, so that's not gonna matter.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but then you just have a bunch of vanilla claims and "2 of these 5 are mafia" or whatever, it'll be just like EM games except drawn out more and probably more serious.

Yeah but then you just have a bunch of vanilla claims and "2 of these 5 are mafia" or whatever, it'll be just like EM games except drawn out more and probably more serious.

(using the Doc + Cop + 5VT vs Goon + Roleblocker as an example)

Yeah except that the two remaining unclaimed guys are fucked.

Mafia roleblocks one and nightkills the other, and then you have 7 functional vanillas.

If they lynch the roleblocker, then the cop can claim without penalty, I guess.

So yeah maybe Semi-open would be better.

edit: changed my vote

Edited by Euklyd

I think semi-open will be better because it's more like a closed setup, which is what the majority of the games on SF are. Open setups are generally played much differently.

Agree that Semi-open is probably the best, it's what I used to do in spanish forums with newbies and it worked pretty well.

If the actual players want to play open or variable it's also fine though. In that case we'd just need to have the mentors shut up about role shenanigans and let the players work it out without having everything handed to them.

Voted semi-open. That way, there's leeway for fake claiming (and mafia isn't inherently screwed if all power roles are claimed).

Open setups aren't inherently more difficult for scum to fakeclaim. A well designed setup will ensure massclaiming gives town nothing meaningful to work with and allows scum to knock out the PRs.

both of you were in a chat where:

[12:23:26 AM] Vhaltz: also manix are you ever going to start up the trainee game? :V

[12:24:03 AM] Manix: probably tomorrow once i figure out the setup

read: today

Edited by Curly Brace

both of you were in a chat where:

[12:23:26 AM] Vhaltz: also manix are you ever going to start up the trainee game? :V

[12:24:03 AM] Manix: probably tomorrow once i figure out the setup

read: today

manix hostgame

manix hostgame

also clearly i need to revise the thread earlier to see if i missed anything

in any case, collating information and new semi-open setup now

role PM's are going out now. it may take a bit due to SF being slow.

edit: also take the time now to revise the rules and setup information, as both have changed.

Edited by Curly Brace

All Role PM's are out. Confirm in thread that you have yours. The game starts with 10/12 confirms, or at 12:30am GMT.

edit: your mentors are in your Role PM's as well.

Edited by Curly Brace