~Official SF is running slow thread~

Caster

It's quite slow..... The pages will also sometimes take up to like 5 minutes to load. It's on and off and sporadic and affects the main site as well (although not as badly). Not sure if it's because of my internet connection oor something but I did switch browsers a little (it didn't fix the lag).

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were complaining about the temporary bans resulting from high numbers of connections. I increased the limit, but the result was that we were DoS'd again. So at this point, those people can fuck right off. It was set that way for a reason. I changed the limit back.

And all this time, I thought my house internet was down.

It's just hilariously coincidential that our router was having problems, SF was having ddos, and Hulu was being updated, all at the same time. Coincidence? Totally

So everything appears to be working fine now. Quote me in a reply to this thread if the site starts running really slow again.

I get to be the lucky gal to quote you again~!

Site's being really slow over here.

People were complaining about the temporary bans resulting from high numbers of connections. I increased the limit, but the result was that we were DoS'd again. So at this point, those people can fuck right off. It was set that way for a reason. I changed the limit back.

Wow... so that's what's causing it then. That's a little disappointing, now even people in the staff have to deal with sometimes being banned (maybe at least it might not be all that common...) If only the choice wasn't stuck between sometimes being forced away for 6 hours (although hey it can get us to just go outside and do stuff for once~!........ unless we can just find other ways to occupy ourselves anyway) and being attacked.

So everything appears to be working fine now. Quote me in a reply to this thread if the site starts running really slow again.

Sorry to bother you so soon again, but once again both the main site and the forums take extremely long to load at all for me. Other sites seem to work fine on my end.

• 2 weeks later...

Im more concerned as to why i cannot change my sig and get weird errors every time i do...

people have been getting that error a lot lately. some people i know tried using imgur to put images in their sig and it wouldn't work, but then i have them links with gyazo and it worked. i think for now you should just try other websites to host a link to the image.

I actually tried to remove all imgur stuff from my sig, and it still just pinged out. :/ I had to erase everything and gyazo my main sig image. Apparently even tumblr links fuck it up?

No matter what, i cant keep my Peekachu. I tried hosting that everywhere. That just makes me sad....

noooooooooooooooooooooo

RIP Pikachu peaking out of Loki's image

but still i keep seeing that whole sig problem thing come up

a few times dudes say avi's as well, but not as common as the sig problem

Edited by Sockmaster