Most in/out of character family supports?

it doesn't make sense for Robin because he's kinda busy being processed by grima and destroying the world to actually be there raising a family.

That applies for all Robin parent supports, if you think about it =(

Lol they put so much focus on the supports and yet they came super confusing, convulted and full of plot holes anyway... yeeeah, great.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I'm repeating anything. Tired me is tired and bad at the English.

So, I think Cynthia and Lucina make for very in-character siblings, probably more so than any of Lucina's other potential sibs. Especially Kjelle. I can't see her using Falchion to cut up an apple; I see her trying that sword out if she got to be alone with it.

It's very easy for me to picture Frederick as Kjelle's father. They just... they seem so similar to me. Idk.

Yarne worrying that Lon'qu might be sleeping around? Has he MET Lon'qu?

Gregor and Gerome works great for me, except that Gregor can understand Minerva in his support with Cherche, so he should understand her in his support with Gerome, too.

Gaius's support with Severa seems very in-character to me. Cute, too.

Brady's interactions with his dad crack me up, especially if that's Donnel. It's just a nice way to tie in the contrast between his upbringing and Maribelle's.

Owain works with almost all of the guys, but more so I think with Frederick and Lon'qu.

Honestly, my first Olivia pairing was with Libra, and I thought the contrast between religious Libra and "womanizing" Inigo was really cool. (I put "womanizing" in quotes because he fails at it.) Libra's exasperation with Inigo and then their resolution just work for me.

I probably have more, but I'll say it later when I'm not late for class.

It IS odd how Avatar parent supports wind up with holes. lol But thankfully this is only really an issue for the male Avatar since the female can only have two children if she marries Chrom. And I see no holes in Female Avatar's parent conversation with Lucina.

Oh yeah, the post above reminds me. I just can't see Frederick as Owain's father. Or Brady's for similar reasons. Frederick just doesn't strike me as someone who would become a pedophile and that's what he'd be if he married Lissa or Maribelle since they're still children (Lissa is confirmed to be 14 pre-time skip, making her only 16 after it and I imagine that Maribelle is of a similar age since they're best friends), even if this WAS done sometimes in medieval ages in real life.

Also, I don't see how a single arrow would kill Frederick when he's got that thick heavy armor. Arrows sometimes don't even do any damage to him. And Owain's father took an arrow to protect him and died in doing so. And there's the tea thing with Brady again. Frederick definitely drinks tea every now and then.

In the case of Nowi though, I'm really conflicted. Her actual age is like two thousand years, but she has the looks and mentality of a child. I suppose she should have a pass though, because I admittedly fall in that same category to an extent (I don't consider myself immature, but I do have some childish interests and I look around fifteen even though I'm in my early twenties), so saying she'd make guys like Frederick a pedo would be a little hypocritical. Still, they would look funny together. :P

Oh yeah, the post above reminds me. I just can't see Frederick as Owain's father. Or Brady's for similar reasons. Frederick just doesn't strike me as someone who would become a pedophile and that's what he'd be if he married Lissa or Maribelle since they're still children (Lissa is confirmed to be 14 pre-time skip, making her only 16 after it and I imagine that Maribelle is of a similar age since they're best friends), even if this WAS done sometimes in medieval ages in real life.

They could marry here in the UK then, as long as it's after the timeskip, and Lissa has Chrom's permission.

They could marry here in the UK then, as long as it's after the timeskip, and Lissa has Chrom's permission.

...Your point is? I said that I didn't feel it would be within Frederick's character. Nothing to do with whether it's legal or not.

Plus, Anacybele, there's the fact that people just got married young at the time this game may or may not be taking place in. I mean, they had a nine-year-old queen, for Gods' sakes. In the context of that setting, it's probably a perfectly valid cultural thing if an adult were to marry a teenager. Pretty much, as soon as you're old enough to sire children, you're eligible.

Besides, we don't know how far into the future Gen 2 is from. Lucina says "more than ten years", but that's obvious since they're all teenagers (or close to it). It could be that they don't have kids for some number of years after the marriage. It's not like they have a lot of time to consummate their unions in the middle of a war, after all. This is of course assuming you consider it canon that none of the father dies, since their deaths and the continued existence of the kids imply that their wives were already pregnant.

And yeah, I have to point out that I'm not entirely comfortable with the Nowi situation. She is physically, mentally, and emotionally the equivalent of a human twelve-year-old girl, so no matter who she marries, that issue is still present with me. But in the game's culture, it seems fine, so... (Besides, Nah is too awesome to pass up.)

As for Frederick marrying Lissa or someone else her age... given that he grew up in the culture Awakening's world is implied to have, it could be argued that that behavior would be in character for him.

Yeah, but FE's culture isn't exactly the same as our own medieval ages were. None of the games have any children marrying until Awakening. Not even Sanaki got engaged or anything. And Awakening is a thousand years or so AFTER the other games. By the time a thousand years passed since our medieval ages, children weren't marrying until well after 18 on average and they typically didn't marry anyone more than ten years or so older than them (because as you get older, age matters less).

This is the one thing I find really weird and creepy about Awakening's marriage system.

I'm sorry, but I just find pairings like Frederick x Lissa to be very disturbing. That's not to say I'm hard-headed when it comes to age gaps though. I'm perfectly fine with, say, a 17 year old marrying a 20 year old. 17 isn't considered a legal adult here, but 20 is. It's just fourteen year olds marrying someone ten years older than them that just grosses me out. I don't even like that this was done in medieval times. There's a reason it doesn't happen anymore today, at least not nearly as much as it used to.

There was definitely underage marrying in previous FEs. FE4, FE6, and original Japanese FE7 (since Lyn is 14 there) all had them.

Heck, FE4 had flat-out incest! And it wasn't a choice!

ya know, i'm surprised chrom and lissa couldn't get married, considering this is fire emblem we are talking about.

Uh, if Fire Emblem did incest, it would never get released out here. :/

EDIT: Lyn's 18, actually. Brawl's Lyn trophy description was confirmed to be a typo.

FE6 I give a pass to because all the people that can marry in that game are kids, ie Roy and his six possible wives, except for Cecilia which I find just as creepy and disturbing.

Edited by Anacybele

ya know, i'm surprised chrom and lissa couldn't get married, considering this is fire emblem we are talking about.

To be fair, I don't think FE ever had a history of actual full blood siblings getting married. At most, it's either a one-sided crush or half-siblings.

Some of the children supports with the male avatar as their dad create more noticeable plotholes than others. I was rather pleased that I couldn't find any SUPER GLARING plotholes in the Laurent father support. Even the Inigo and Cynthia supports work.

… Actually, including the Morgan supports, I think I really only see contradictions with Noire, Owain, Nah, and Yarne (the former two with avatar, the latter two with Morgan). On the surface, I can't really see anything necessarily "wrong" with the others.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Lyn was supposed to be 15-16 in the Japanese version, especially because of Kent and Wallace's supports, where the time range Wallace gives makes no sense for 18-year-old Lyn but perfect sense for a 15-16 year old Lyn.

Edited by Sangyul

...Seriously? Lyn never looked that young to me. Really weird. But on the flipside, her possible husbands were two 18 year olds (Eliwood and Hector), a knight that also looks around 18 (Kent), and a guy that looked to be in his early twenties (Rath). So she's alright, I guess. Plus, I ship her with Hector anyway. xP

But back on topic. I don't like incest or big age gaps between kids and adults. Deal with it, alright? -_-

Edited by Anacybele

...Seriously? Lyn never looked that young to me. Really weird. But on the flipside, her possible husbands were two 18 year olds (Eliwood and Hector), a knight that also looks around 18 (Kent), and a guy that looked to be in his early twenties (Rath). So she's alright, I guess. Plus, I ship her with Hector anyway. xP

But back on topic. I don't like incest or big age gaps between kids and adults. Deal with it, alright? -_-

It's most likely the art style, because I can totally see her as being 15-16. Also, Ana, please, Rath is 18 years old as well, not in his early twenties. He even has a confirmed age.

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe7illust/b/Ruth.jpg

(EDIT: Not to mention that Rath and Lyn's IN-GAME SUPPORTS highly imply he's 18-19 based on simple addition.)

Also, your argument about Sanaki not being engaged is a silly argument. When in either PoR or RD would Sanaki have had a chance to be engaged?

If you don't like incest or big age gaps between kids and adults, no one is slamming you for that. But you have a tendency to … REALLY shove it in people's ages and ignore the fact that it's LEGAL because "I don't like it" which is a very annoying tendency.

Edited by Sangyul

Has anyone tried Kellam!Noire by any chance?
I get the feeling that'd be a bit in character. Noire gets her meekness from Kellam, but her aggressive side from Tharja.
(Plus I could see Kellam getting cursed by Tharja, and managing to steal her stuff since he's basically a ninja.)

Yeah, but FE's culture isn't exactly the same as our own medieval ages were. None of the games have any children marrying until Awakening. Not even Sanaki got engaged or anything. And Awakening is a thousand years or so AFTER the other games. By the time a thousand years passed since our medieval ages, children weren't marrying until well after 18 on average and they typically didn't marry anyone more than ten years or so older than them (because as you get older, age matters less).

This is the one thing I find really weird and creepy about Awakening's marriage system.

I'm sorry, but I just find pairings like Frederick x Lissa to be very disturbing. That's not to say I'm hard-headed when it comes to age gaps though. I'm perfectly fine with, say, a 17 year old marrying a 20 year old. 17 isn't considered a legal adult here, but 20 is. It's just fourteen year olds marrying someone ten years older than them that just grosses me out. I don't even like that this was done in medieval times. There's a reason it doesn't happen anymore today, at least not nearly as much as it used to.

For a long time thirteen was standard marrying age and she married who ever it was advantageous to the family be it another thirteen year old or a sixty year old. 10 years means nothing when there's a dowry on the table.

Edited by Jotari

It's most likely the art style, because I can totally see her as being 15-16. Also, Ana, please, Rath is 18 years old as well, not in his early twenties. He even has a confirmed age.

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe7illust/b/Ruth.jpg

(EDIT: Not to mention that Rath and Lyn's IN-GAME SUPPORTS highly imply he's 18-19 based on simple addition.)

Huh, I thought he looked older. Well then, it just helps my argument for Lyn. All the men she can marry are under 20 as is she. xP

Also, your argument about Sanaki not being engaged is a silly argument. When in either PoR or RD would Sanaki have had a chance to be engaged?

Her ending could have easily had her get engaged. Or she could've been engaged during the three years between PoR and RD. This has even occurred already with Astrid, who was put into a forced engagement with Lekain. And I think she looks 16 at most.

If you don't like incest or big age gaps between kids and adults, no one is slamming you for that. But you have a tendency to … REALLY shove it in people's ages and ignore the fact that it's LEGAL because "I don't like it" which is a very annoying tendency.

Erm, it isn't legal here. At least not for a 16 year old to marry a 26 year old (the youngest I think Frederick could be).

Has anyone tried Kellam!Noire by any chance?

I get the feeling that'd be a bit in character. Noire gets her meekness from Kellam, but her aggressive side from Tharja.

(Plus I could see Kellam getting cursed by Tharja, and managing to steal her stuff since he's basically a ninja.)

But then you run into the issue of Kellam actually defending Noire, which wouldn't be in character due to the reasons you mentioned as to why Kellam!Noire does make sense from a personality perspective.

Now that I remember, FE7 also has Jaffar x Nino.

Isn't Jaffar like 17 or 16? I think that he is so that only makes him like a couple years older than Nino.

Edited by Cero