Most in/out of character family supports?

Her ending could have easily had her get engaged. Or she could've been engaged during the three years between PoR and RD. This has even occurred already with Astrid, who was put into a forced engagement with Lekain. And I think she looks 16 at most.

But WHY should Sanaki have been engaged in her ending? Why? She didn't have any significant love interests in the story, nor is it necessary. Sanaki's strength as a character is how despite her age, she takes responsibility for her country to be the best damn leader she can be while righting the wrongs that her people have committed. She doesn't NEED a man, and it'd feel horribly tacked on.

Erm, it isn't legal here. At least not for a 16 year old to marry a 26 year old (the youngest I think Frederick could be).

If you live in North Carolina, it could be legal in your state. From wikipedia:

The age of consent in North Carolina is 16. However, certain exceptions to this general rule exist.

No employee of a K-12 school can have any sexual activity with any student at that school except when married to the person {§14‑27.7}; this is a felony unless the actor is less than 4 years older than the student and is not a teacher, administrator, student teacher, safety officer, or coach. This prohibition covers adults and students who were at the school at the same time, and continues in force as long as the younger person is a student at any K-12 school, regardless of age.

Any sexual intercourse with a person under 16 years of age is prohibited unless the defendant is less than 4 years older than the victim except when married to the person {§14‑27.2, 14‑27.4 & 14‑27.7A}.

Edited by Sangyul

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the age to consent to legal sex. Not marriage. There's a difference. But even that I don't approve of, because teenagers should not be having sex, imo. They should be focusing on school and getting ready for college, not getting laid. Just because it's legal doesn't make it right, you know. Some laws are stupid and I'm positive that there are people out there that agree.

Meg didn't have any notable love interests either besides Zihark, yet her ending says she has a simple marriage to some unknown dude.

I think Jaffar is like 17-18 while Nino is 14-15. It's really approaching the line for me, but I can accept this one.

Edited by Anacybele

That's the age to consent to legal sex. Not marriage. There's a difference. But even that I don't approve of, because teenagers should not be having sex, imo. They should be focusing on school and getting ready for college, not getting laid. Just because it's legal doesn't make it right, you know. Some laws are stupid and I'm positive that there are people out there that agree.

Yeah, about that:

"The legal age -- age of majority -- to marry in North Carolina is 18. Exceptions may be made for minors. Teens ages 16 and 17 may apply for a marriage license with consent from parents or guardians. Applicants ages 14 and 15 can apply for a wedding license with consent from parents or guardians and a court order."

Chrom would technically be Lissa's guardian, so as long as he was okay with it (and I see no reason why he would NOT be), Lissa could legally marry Frederick in your home state.

Also, Ana, I personally agree with you on the whole "teens shouldn't be having sex or getting married". But the thing is, what my personal beliefs are and what is legal have nothing to do with each other. Nor are my personal beliefs what everyone else in this world believes. "Just because it's legal doesn't mean is right" is a can of worms I am NOT going to open.

Meg didn't have any notable love interests either besides Zihark, yet her ending says she has a simple marriage to some unknown dude.

Meg is a simple Crimean girl from the countryside. She wants to get married and have a large happy family like the one she grew up in.

Sanaki is the empress of Begnion, who has been on the throne since she was only five years old. Her country's senators caused big shit, including dissent in her own people, and she is no longer, nor has she ever been, the true apostle. Ashera and Yune are gone. The important part of Sanaki's ending is making Begnion a better place. NOT getting engaged. Do you see a difference?

I think Jaffar is like 17-18 while Nino is 14-15. It's really approaching the line for me, but I can accept this one.

Meg's ending was to show slight character development in that she didn't go pining after a stranger like Zihark and instead settled for someone more suitable for her.

And the age of marriage in most countries of the world is eighteen as standard but sixteen with parental or judicial consent. There are exceptions but this is is pretty standard throughout most of the world and in some cases where the age of consent is higher than sixteen the marriage law can override it.

Okay, fair enough, but I still have my beliefs too, which will not change in this case.

And okay, if Meg isn't a good example, let's go to Elincia. She can still marry Geoffrey at the end of RD despite all the shit that happened in Crimea and she's trying to make Crimea a better place too.

Okay, fair enough, but I still have my beliefs too, which will not change in this case.

I don't want you to change your beliefs. I just want you to realize that you have to be careful when you make statements like "X is illegal", and even though you may not believe in something other people may not agree with it and it's unfair to keep saying you find a pairing "gross" like it's wrong for them to enjoy it. Just a simple, "I don't like it because I'm not a fan of pairings with large age gaps" is enough to get your point across.

And okay, if Meg isn't a good example, let's go to Elincia. She can still marry Geoffrey at the end of RD despite all the shit that happened in Crimea and she's trying to make Crimea a better place too.

Geoffrey is a guy who is very close to Elincia, has been shown to be close to her throughout both PoR and RD. Elincia marrying Geoffrey in one of her endings is less out of the blue than Sanaki's ending randomly saying "oh yeah, she also got engaged to this random dude".

But on the flipside, her possible husbands were two 18 year olds (Eliwood and Hector), a knight that also looks around 18 (Kent), and a guy that looked to be in his early twenties (Rath).

Rath is 18 years old as well, not in his early twenties. He even has a confirmed age.

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe7illust/b/Ruth.jpg

When making my post about Rath's age, I forgot to mention that Kent is actually in his 20s. He doesn't have an exact age, but an art book places his age as being in the 20s.

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe7illust/b/Kent.jpg

Regardless, Sanaki not getting engaged in her ending makes perfect sense - and on the contrary it would be weirder if she did.

To get back on topic, I don't think Virion or Gregor make a lot of sense as Tharja's husband according to the Noire supports. Virion states that he's not affected by her hexes and that he was doing all the things she made him do willingly, so it's kind of weird how he's suddenly affected by hexes in Noire support. Tharja also fails to curse Gregor in their supports, and there's nothing in the conclusion that suggests that she's able to hex him successfully after the events of their A support.

When making my post about Rath's age, I forgot to mention that Kent is actually in his 20s. He doesn't have an exact age, but an art book places his age as being in the 20s.

Regardless, Sanaki not getting engaged in her ending makes perfect sense - and on the contrary it would be weirder if she did.

To get back on topic, I don't think Virion or Gregor make a lot of sense as Tharja's husband according to the Noire supports. Virion states that he's not affected by her hexes and that he was doing all the things she made him do willingly, so it's kind of weird how he's suddenly affected by hexes in Noire support. Tharja also fails to curse Gregor in their supports, and there's nothing in the conclusion that suggests that she's able to hex him successfully after the events of their A support.

Am I the only one hat assumed most of her hexes never work in general. Obviously what Noire's split personality is something that worked but aside from that I got the impression Tharja's hexes were no more real than the predictions of a cheap fortune teller.

But then you run into the issue of Kellam actually defending Noire, which wouldn't be in character due to the reasons you mentioned as to why Kellam!Noire does make sense from a personality perspective.

Funny considering the dude's high defense. x )

Ok, bad jokes aside, I could see Kellam going all Papa Wolf for his kid(s) though, so it does beg the question.

Plus I recall in Noire's father supports, Tharja would always curse her husband with petty things like endless tears. I could see Kellam falling for that considering he's pretty weak to magic (at least as a knight).

Fathers like Ricken and Henry make the least sense of it because they have magical talents (in Ricken's endings, they all say he excelled in his talents after maturing, and Henry's a dark mage himself) so they should've been able to repel them.

(By the way I'm only listing two examples because I think a lot of the dad's could dodge or reflect Tharja's curses, but there's too many to list and this got lengthy enough. @_@;)

Oh, huh. Sain must be in his twenties too then, because he says in his support with Kent that he's older. Aaand, this means that the ages I gave them in my Elibe fic are totally off (I put Kent as 18 and Sain as 20, blarg). >_<

Anyway, I also agree that Henry and Ricken would've probably logically been able to counter Tharja's hexes. So yeah, they don't really make sense as her husband.

Edited by Anacybele

To whoever said that Kellam!Noire makes sense... You know, I see where you're coming from. Plus, Noire -> noir -> black, so black hair would satisfy my being picky about that sort of thing.

I hear a lot about how Virion doesn't really work as Inigo's father because Inigo talks to women the way he does because of his mom, but I think it works. Olivia tells Inigo that he should face his fears by talking to girls more; he follows his dad's example. Plus, when Virion gets all annoyed at him, I picture him thinking, "Wow. Is that what my own son really thinks of me?" But then again, I like to over-analyze.

To whoever said that Kellam!Noire makes sense... You know, I see where you're coming from. Plus, Noire -> noir -> black, so black hair would satisfy my being picky about that sort of thing.

I hear a lot about how Virion doesn't really work as Inigo's father because Inigo talks to women the way he does because of his mom, but I think it works. Olivia tells Inigo that he should face his fears by talking to girls more; he follows his dad's example. Plus, when Virion gets all annoyed at him, I picture him thinking, "Wow. Is that what my own son really thinks of me?" But then again, I like to over-analyze.

Actually, since Future!Olivia's advice is based on the contents of her supports with Maribelle, she probably told him to outright flirt with the girls.

Actually, since Future!Olivia's advice is based on the contents of her supports with Maribelle, she probably told him to outright flirt with the girls.

Ah. That makes sense, too. I'm still going with my thing because I refuse to admit I could be wrong about something

Also, I don't see how a single arrow would kill Frederick when he's got that thick heavy armor. Arrows sometimes don't even do any damage to him. And Owain's father took an arrow to protect him and died in doing so. And there's the tea thing with Brady again. Frederick definitely drinks tea every now and then.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnnoyingArrows

Considering as Frederick wears that huge suit of armor everywhere, all it would take is Owain's assassin catching them at a time when Fred wasn't wearing the armor, or just getting a lucky shot for that to be surprisingly realistic.

Avatar x Chrom doesn't create problems with Avatar and Lucina's supports, Morgan and Lucina's are the ones that are messed up.

That would be me. : )

And yes, a punny name for the poor dear. -Though apparently Lon'qu has black hair (though I see dark brown, but maybe I'm just colour blind because his kids have black hair…?) so I guess he'd work in that sense too.

Though in another light, Tharja's name comes from an Indian word for "Starlight," which rather contrasts her colour scheme.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnnoyingArrows

Considering as Frederick wears that huge suit of armor everywhere, all it would take is Owain's assassin catching them at a time when Fred wasn't wearing the armor, or just getting a lucky shot for that to be surprisingly realistic.

Avatar x Chrom doesn't create problems with Avatar and Lucina's supports, Morgan and Lucina's are the ones that are messed up.

Yeah, but like you said, Freddy wears that armor everywhere. The assassin would have to be REALLY lucky in his case. Though I suppose it's still possible. :P

EDIT: No, Rohesia, I see it as dark brown too, and I've been tested for color blindness. I see color just fine. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but like you said, Freddy wears that armor everywhere. The assassin would have to be REALLY lucky in his case. Though I suppose it's still possible. :P

Lucky? A well-trained assassin can easily aim for the head or neck, which Frederick's armor don't fully cover. It's all a matter of skill, and this is Fire Emblem where we've seen snipers aim and hitting a freaking HANGMAN'S ROPE of all things.

I guess that explains why assassins can wield bows in this game.

Lucky? A well-trained assassin can easily aim for the head or neck, which Frederick's armor don't fully cover. It's all a matter of skill, and this is Fire Emblem where we've seen snipers aim and hitting a freaking HANGMAN'S ROPE of all things.

True. Actually, now that I think of it, I don't remember Owain actually saying WHERE the lethal arrow landed.

Yes, but remember that the assassin isn't actually targeting Owain's father, he was targeting Owain himself. And Owain doesn't wear armor, so the assassin was likely aiming for his heart or something.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, but remember that the assassin isn't actually targeting Owain's father, he was targeting Owain himself. And Owain doesn't wear armor, so the assassin was likely aiming for his heart or something.

Well, center mass is the easiest target. But we still don't know exactly what went down - did the dad shove Owain out of the way or did he jump in the way? Was he hit with just the one arrow, or did the Risen fire again? Did the dad die right away? Did the wound get infected? Was the arrow poison-tipped? Was it coming in from above? Plus, it's still possible that the Risen was aiming for Owain's head. It's probably left vague on purpose so that one can imagine a scenario where whichever Gen 1 man married Lissa dies protecting Owain from an archer. Even Virion, the archest of archers, or Kellam and Frederick with their armor since they don't wear helmets. And I really don't think it would be out of character for any of the Shepherds to risk their lives protecting their children.

True, we don't know the answers to any of those questions. I just find it less likely for Frederick to be killed by an arrow than someone like Donnel, Lon'qu, or anyone else that wears little to no armor.

The Assassin used lethality making the armor useless.

^Problem solved

However, I often wonder if the connections between Lon'qu's arrow in Lissa's supports and Owain's supports were purely coincidental although I highly doubt it

And those doubting AvatarxTharja.... we all know that Tharja is batshit crazy and has a huge controlling ego, so Im sure even she would curse the avatar if he pushed her far enough (IE stealing her tools, ETC.)