Reclass Mafia! Postgames are too much effort

scorri

Ace: It's earlygame, people are going to be voted with weak cases because that's all we really have to go off of, and we'd never get onto stronger cases without it.

I don't think lurking because you don't want to get called out is scummy is a good way to play but at the same time I don't think scum would be so explicit about it, so I don't think PKLucas is suspicious atm.

Randa's response is pinging me a little but I'm having trouble deciding on whether it's scummy or not.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it weird that he voted someone who isn't on the player roster.

Green Poet just posted once and hasn't done so since. That strikes me as a oddly suspicious.

And tbh SB:, I find the fact that you changed your vote three times, the first time seemed just random like mine though now I'm suspicious.

I don't even think that sounded any different from my other posts. Your question came kinda out of the blue there, though, and as such I answered naturally. Don't see how that's scummy.

PK, what you're doing right now is dodging actual content. That isn't in any way a pro-town move, experience level be damned. Is there legitimately nothing that you want to address right now, or are you actually scum?

The only thing I can really comment on is I feel that the length of Ace's posts is the only thing that strikes me as suspicious. Details like "I was out and about and I thought about mafia" don't really sit too right with me.

But I can see your point, I don't really lose anything by contributing to discussion that's going on now, but at the same time making uninformed posts too early could steer town in the wrong direction.

I thought it weird that he voted someone who isn't on the player roster.

Green Poet just posted once and hasn't done so since. That strikes me as a oddly suspicious.

And tbh SB:, I find the fact that you changed your vote three times, the first time seemed just random like mine though now I'm suspicious.

image.jpg

You thought a joke vote in RVS was weird. Surprise surprise. (Also i never realized surprise had two r's)

The only thing I can really comment on is I feel that the length of Ace's posts is the only thing that strikes me as suspicious. Details like "I was out and about and I thought about mafia" don't really sit too right with me.

But I can see your point, I don't really lose anything by contributing to discussion that's going on now, but at the same time making uninformed posts too early could steer town in the wrong direction.

But uninformed post still give us something to work with. We have 72 each phase to work with, uninformed post may have short term damage but any misunderstandings from them can usually be cleared up easily. As long as it's still day 1. But not posting means we can't move forward, whether the case seems stupid or unfounded is irrelevant because it gives us reactions and other stuff we can use to form, for lack of a better word, informed cases.

Why is it suspicious?

Well, I just thought of those tells for liars. Things like using much more details than necessary to say "no, it's not me." Being "out and about" in her own words and just happening to think about mafia seems like that kind of extra fluff, so is her going back to explain her previous vote when the discussion already shifted away from that.

That was meant to be @ Randa, your post just cut in front of his.

Randa, who do you actually think is scum? It feels like you're just calling out weak play rather than things that you find scummy.

@Poly/Candleloro: Like I said for the third time now, it was the first thought that popped into my head while I was out and about today. I thought "Who amount the player list is likely to be scum?" First name I came up was SB. That first vote I did came to mind because I thought it was odd Darros was eternally mad about missing a mafia game. So I decided to go with that first thought I had.

You have to look at their posts to see if they're scummy.. "SB is on the playerlist he could be scum" isnt a great idea. And you voted me off of something I said before the game even started..? That has nothing to do with the game because it was a side note I said as part of my signup. Also note SB and I are the first two people on the playerlist.

Though that only gave off an impression on others that I'm scum. Just one questionable piece of content automatically makes me scum?

It doesn't automatically make you scum though.

Um, no? First off, I wouldn't be posting this much early game if I were; you know my meta.

SELF META BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'm taking a sit back and watch position right now, to be honest. Anything I post could make me look just as suspicious as anyone else, but not posting feels like the same thing!

Not posting is very harmful to town. Mafia would ideally have people post less and easily pick people off. A voice is one of the strongest things a townie has. And your primary concern shouldn't be "oh I dont want to look suspicious" because thats very self serving. We want to lynch mafia members. I know town players don't want to appear scummy but your primary concern should be to find mafia members, not to avoid looking scummy.

That was meant to be @ Randa, your post just cut in front of his.

Randa, who do you actually think is scum? It feels like you're just calling out weak play rather than things that you find scummy.

Was the suspicious comment for me SB or for Ace, because said he was suspicious of you. I have yet to.

And personally speaking I think either you or poly is the most likely scum right now. The rest strikes me as newbish play. Poly overreacted to your question. Far more so than somebody of his experience should've. A simple no would've answered your question, but by bringing in self meta he makes himself seem worse.

[spoiler=super paranoid case]But the interaction does bring up another question. Why Poly? There were plenty of others you could've asked. So I'm thinking you may have seen an opportunity in Poly's mentality, as seen in conspiracy, to have him overreact or in some way shape and form seem scummy. So that could go for an easy early mislynch which nobody could blame you for because poly would've dug his own grave. Long, paranoid story short I see that Poly was the best option for scum!SB to question, but I do not see any higher value for town!SB to question Poly.

In summary though it may be extreme paranoia driving this vote I will ##Vote SB for the reasons illustrated above.

I still think it's too early for me to pinpoint a hard scum read because we've been playing for a whopping four hours, but I'm leaning towards PKLucas being scummy due to avoiding content earlier and making a weird case against GP, but he's new so it makes me feel uncomfortable outright saying that. I disagree with the Green Poet case though. We've been playing for four hours. Not everyone has even posted yet for god sakes, it's not suspicious to make one post in that timespan. It's definitely not lurking.

What is this referring to?

PKlucas' s post.

I can't say much about people who didn't post yet, though I wanna know Green Poet's reasoning for automatically voting me then not posting anything else since then.

I'm the least likely to get a joke still...

And what's wrong with thinking about mafia while being out and about? How is that suspicious?

I explained it in my last post :x

I think you'd be focusing on whatever it was you were doing instead of thinking about a mafia game, but I don't know you(or the game) too well to call that good judgement on my part yet, it was just a little something that stood out.

I still think it's too early for me to pinpoint a hard scum read because we've been playing for a whopping four hours, but I'm leaning towards PKLucas being scummy due to avoiding content earlier and making a weird case against GP, but he's new so it makes me feel uncomfortable outright saying that.

You might be mistaking me for someone else on the GP thing, I haven't said anything about him. the only person I've called out is Ace, and that could just be an error on my part from trying to read posting habits.

I should probably take the time to ask what "avoiding content" means as well since I've had 2 people call me out on it.

NEWBIE DOES NOT NECESSARILY = TOWN

But the inverse is also true. Overeactive newb=scum. PK's comments can be taken as scumy, but honestly what scum is willing to do that much WIFOM this early in the game. It doesn't make any sense to say the comments were distinctly scum. If anything they were null, same with Ace overreacting to what was essentially nothing. So neither of the strike me as scum yet.

Triple post combo.

I explained it in my last post :x

I think you'd be focusing on whatever it was you were doing instead of thinking about a mafia game, but I don't know you(or the game) too well to call that good judgement on my part yet, it was just a little something that stood out.

You might be mistaking me for someone else on the GP thing, I haven't said anything about him. the only person I've called out is Ace, and that could just be an error on my part from trying to read posting habits.

I should probably take the time to ask what "avoiding content" means as well since I've had 2 people call me out on it.

It's not unreasonable for somebody to think about mafia if what they're doing is boring. I do it whenever I play a game and school's in session.

And avoiding content is posting without actually serving a purpose, like this post, or flat avoiding posting. Since it makes the game harder to progress it's seen as a scummy action.

Randa: did the thought that I was trying to get a better read on Poly rather than mislynch him never cross your mind? Especially considering nobody ever gets lynched from RVS posts, this just feels like a really weird leap in logic that I don't like. I picked Poly because he was around and posting so I figured I would get a quicker reaction. Your Poly suspicion is also doesn't work with it either, you suggest that his reaction to my post was scummy but then you say I was trying to mislynch him anyway? It reads like two suspicions that you just slapped together under the pretense of looking productive.

##Unvote

##Vote: Randa

lets gooooooooooooooo

But the inverse is also true. Overeactive newb=scum. PK's comments can be taken as scumy, but honestly what scum is willing to do that much WIFOM this early in the game. It doesn't make any sense to say the comments were distinctly scum. If anything they were null, same with Ace overreacting to what was essentially nothing. So neither of the strike me as scum yet.

The post you made just really seems to excuse other players actions as being scummy by "oh the rest seems like newb play. I don't think comments are distinctly scummy either, but I think there's a chance that they could very well be scum, and you seem to be completely ignoring that chance by going "oh they're newbs".

I mixed up you and Ace rip me 2k14

Avoiding content is basically this. It's a bad stance to have that doesn't help town in any way shape or form. You've been more on it since then but it still happened and it doesn't look good on you.

I encourage you to contribute your thoughts regardless of how sure you are of them.

If you're town, you should be uninformed.

I can't say much about people who didn't post yet, though I wanna know Green Poet's reasoning for automatically voting me then not posting anything else since then.

I'm not actively watching the thread, so the "reasoning" is that I voted you in RVS and haven't checked the game since.

I think that the explanation for your vote switch makes sense, though I'm curious as to why you unvoted afterwards. If SB's name isn't the scummiest thing you've observed anymore, what's your leading scumread?

Poly overreacted to your question. Far more so than somebody of his experience should've. A simple no would've answered your question, but by bringing in self meta he makes himself seem worse.

Is there something scummy about that? Does he seem overly defensive by referencing self-meta? As it stands, I see nothing inherently wrong about Poly so far.

Stop cutting me >_<

I think SB's actions were reasonable. Questioning Poly wasn't weird.

tbh if you have to describe your case as "super paranoid" you're basically acknowledging it's not a great case *eyes emoji*

Is there something scummy about that? Does he seem overly defensive by referencing self-meta? As it stands, I see nothing inherently wrong about Poly so far.

Self meta ain't great. It can be a huge WIFOM with "oh if I was scum I would do this" and referencing it a lot makes one look scummier IMO.