Reclass Mafia! Postgames are too much effort

scorri

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't think Lucas is scum for that. I feel like he would've been more subtle than saying "I don't want to look scummy" and there was something about not wanting to spam up the thread and mislead the town in a later post that I didn't agree with but looked like it was genuine to me.

Randa: did the thought that I was trying to get a better read on Poly rather than mislynch him never cross your mind? Especially considering nobody ever gets lynched from RVS posts, this just feels like a really weird leap in logic that I don't like. I picked Poly because he was around and posting so I figured I would get a quicker reaction. Your Poly suspicion is also doesn't work with it either, you suggest that his reaction to my post was scummy but then you say I was trying to mislynch him anyway? It reads like two suspicions that you just slapped together under the pretense of looking productive.

##Unvote

##Vote: Randa

lets gooooooooooooooo

There is a reason why I don't post these cases unless somebody asks for my reads. They are not completely done and the basis isn't infallible. There are holes in it, but we don't have a whole lot to work with ATM. And the Poly suspicion is more realistic than my suspicions against you. I have to give consideration to the fact that yes you chose it not to get Poly lynched but to get information. Now the vote was more or less to get you to the answer the question about your decision. I could vote either of you, however a question for you that I would rather have had answered unlike Poly.

I don't really feel PKLucas is that scummy anymore. I had accidentally attributed the Green Poet case to him and his first posts didn't look great in addition to that. But after rereading I'm not really feeling it anymore.

The ones I'm mildly suspicious of are SB and Randa/Janus vet valnich. PKLucas seems to me like a wary Towne due to observing how my posts so far played out. Poly/Candleloro putting a question mark at the end of 'no' makes it look like he himself is questioning whether or not he's mafia. or a typo IDK about anyone else who didn't post much content yet. Darros I'm thinking could be townish.

Just my thoughts so far.

Self meta ain't great. It can be a huge WIFOM with "oh if I was scum I would do this" and referencing it a lot makes one look scummier IMO.

I see. Fair enough.

Still don't think Lucas is scum for that. I feel like he would've been more subtle than saying "I don't want to look scummy" and there was something about not wanting to spam up the thread and mislead the town in a later post that I didn't agree with but looked like it was genuine to me.

We'd have to assume that Lucas is defaulting to being as honest as possible when thinking that he wouldn't way to outright say things like "I don't want to seem scummy." That's tantamount to assuming that he's town, though, so I doubt that looking into these statements will help much.

I'd instead like to see more of what Lucas thinks of the rest of the playerlist at this time. So far he's raised qualms with Ace's posts and no one else's, and the frequent "I'm not quite sure if this is alright" is inflating his posts quite a bit. This isn't terribly scummy for a new player, but it's hard to make a judgment out of, and something to note if it persists.

We'd have to assume that Lucas is defaulting to being as honest as possible when thinking that he wouldn't want to outright say things like "I don't want to seem scummy."

Fixed.

But the interaction does bring up another question. Why Poly? There were plenty of others you could've asked. So I'm thinking you may have seen an opportunity in Poly's mentality, as seen in conspiracy, to have him overreact or in some way shape and form seem scummy. So that could go for an easy early mislynch which nobody could blame you for because poly would've dug his own grave. Long, paranoid story short I see that Poly was the best option for scum!SB to question, but I do not see any higher value for town!SB to question Poly.

If the goal was to make someone dig their own grave, one of the new players would be a much easier target.

I'm not seeing what it is about Poly in particular that would make him more susceptible to this trick, either. This theory reads like fluff to me.

If the goal was to make someone dig their own grave, one of the new players would be a much easier target.

I'm not seeing what it is about Poly in particular that would make him more susceptible to this trick, either. This theory reads like fluff to me.

The basis of the theory is that Poly has had poor reactions to cases in conspiracy predominately because of something IRL, which is why I believe its a possibility that SB could've taken into account when choosing who to ask.

Green Poet just posted once and hasn't done so since. That strikes me as a oddly suspicious.

Belisarius did the same; why aren't you suspicious of him?

ISO's are cool and I'd rather have them sooner rather than later

Players:

1. SB

2. Darros

3. Koneko

4. PKLucas

5. Kinumi

6. Poly

7. Belisarius

8. Kirsche

9. Ace Tactician

10. Janus/Randa

11. Green Poet

12. FFM

13. Da Bear

14. Cam

How did you actually do that? I tried to do it through the way it works on every other forum but it just leads me to the profile instead of the post strings.

How did you actually do that? I tried to do it through the way it works on every other forum but it just leads me to the profile instead of the post strings.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&cType=topic&cId={TOPIC_ID}&search_author={USERNAME}

Replace {TOPIC_ID} with the topic number

Replace {USERNAME} with the CURRENT displayname of any give user

This gives each and every post made by USERNAME in that topic in isolation.

There is a reason why I don't post these cases unless somebody asks for my reads. They are not completely done and the basis isn't infallible. There are holes in it, but we don't have a whole lot to work with ATM. And the Poly suspicion is more realistic than my suspicions against you. I have to give consideration to the fact that yes you chose it not to get Poly lynched but to get information. Now the vote was more or less to get you to the answer the question about your decision. I could vote either of you, however a question for you that I would rather have had answered unlike Poly.

Weren't you just calling people out for not wanting to posts reads? The "I wanted to get an answer from you" excuse looks kind of like you're just trying to avoid flak you got from your vote imo.

Kinumi/Belisarius, who do you think is scum?

>Belisaurus called out on not posting

>asks question about my ISO instead

wRXNbmN.png

((Kinumi already said the answer))

Kinumi/Belisarius, who do you think is scum?

Right now, I'd say that Randa looks the scummiest to me. I don't like this post for reasons you've already stated here, and his dismissal of newbies seemed like he was trying to make his own cases stronger by just saying that "they're newbies, they're probably not scum." Plus, he explicitly states that

And the Poly suspicion is more realistic than my suspicions against you.

despite not acknowledging his Poly case at all in his later posts.

I'm also a bit suspicious about Belisarius since he hasn't made a content-related post despite being called out on lurking too :x

Ahh my apologies, I was out for most of the day to be at the bookstore for the most part.

I'm not sure who to consider as scum atm, but I guess we'll give it time.

aw man 8 pages already?

i don't even get an RVS vote :(

not gonna bother with "Mafia 101 4 nubs" because the rest of the game seems to have beaten me to it

And personally speaking I think either you or poly is the most likely scum right now. The rest strikes me as newbish play. Poly overreacted to your question. Far more so than somebody of his experience should've. A simple no would've answered your question, but by bringing in self meta he makes himself seem worse.

"poly overreacted way more than he should have"

But the interaction does bring up another question. Why Poly? There were plenty of others you could've asked. So I'm thinking you may have seen an opportunity in Poly's mentality, as seen in conspiracy, to have him overreact or in some way shape and form seem scummy. So that could go for an easy early mislynch which nobody could blame you for because poly would've dug his own grave. Long, paranoid story short I see that Poly was the best option for scum!SB to question, but I do not see any higher value for town!SB to question Poly.

In summary though it may be extreme paranoia driving this vote I will ##Vote SB for the reasons illustrated above.

"therefore SB is scum"

your entire line of reasoning revolves around assuming that SB a) knows about Poly's mental state, b) that anyone would have followed him and c) that Poly's town. "Why Poly"? Because he was the one talking? I can just as easily turn your case around and use it as evidence of SB scumhunting; "SB knew about Poly's mental state and decided to press him in the hopes that he'd scumslip". At the time you made this post, SB was super town (it would have been easy for him to sit back and let the newbies flail around for a while, instead he gets right into the guts and basically does what he can to draw out people talking). imo you're just mudslinging and painting SB black on really contrived reasoning

Randa: did the thought that I was trying to get a better read on Poly rather than mislynch him never cross your mind? Especially considering nobody ever gets lynched from RVS posts, this just feels like a really weird leap in logic that I don't like. I picked Poly because he was around and posting so I figured I would get a quicker reaction. Your Poly suspicion is also doesn't work with it either, you suggest that his reaction to my post was scummy but then you say I was trying to mislynch him anyway? It reads like two suspicions that you just slapped together under the pretense of looking productive.

##Unvote

this looks like OMGUS though ("i think your case on me is bad therefore you are scum"); i can kind of see the roots of what I was saying poking through, but SB is typically eloquent enough to say it more explicitly. my gut says that SB had decided he was going to vote Randa before he started posting and just BS'd a way to get there

ngl I don't like Randa's case and dismissal of newbish actions

i also think this is a shitty as fuck vote

all darrps has been doing is ripping on newbie play and slapfighting with randa over it, but it feels staged to me.

##vote darros

darros/sb/randa scumteam game cracked open gg?

The ones I'm mildly suspicious of are SB and Randa/Janus vet valnich. PKLucas seems to me like a wary Towne due to observing how my posts so far played out. Poly/Candleloro putting a question mark at the end of 'no' makes it look like he himself is questioning whether or not he's mafia. or a typo IDK about anyone else who didn't post much content yet. Darros I'm thinking could be townish.

why

I thought it weird that he voted someone who isn't on the player roster.

why is that a scum move

Green Poet just posted once and hasn't done so since. That strikes me as a oddly suspicious.

why is that a scum move

And tbh SB:, I find the fact that you changed your vote three times, the first time seemed just random like mine though now I'm suspicious.

why is that a scum move

Lucas feels like overcautious town for reasons stated (scum wouldn't be that obvious etc). also his post shows an earnest desire to

Ace is null; his self-victimization is AtE and honestly shouldn't be taken seriously (although i'd lynch him if he keeps it up). his recent posts straddle the line between "faking content when asked" and "struggling town" imo so idk what to make of him

yeah i just noticed gg that's me in charge of paying attention

Um, no? First off, I wouldn't be posting this much early game if I were; you know my meta. Second, how exactly did you think of that idea?

self-meta pls go

This kinda strikes me of how I play scum. Making every move with the intention of not looking like scum. And this seems a bit unjustified when we are still in ED1.

self-meta pls g- oh wait that's almost a legit point

of course you wouldn't want to look like scum as scum; that's kind of the point

strikes me as unnecessary padding

Well I'm a newcomer, and seeing how Aces posts played out it didn't seem like a good time to jump in. There's a fair balance of newbies and vets so earlygame would probably have a lot of variation, or something. Nothing concrete enough for my liking.

so if you don't talk and actively get people's reactions for yourself, how are you expecting to get anything concrete?

I don't even think that sounded any different from my other posts. Your question came kinda out of the blue there, though, and as such I answered naturally. Don't see how that's scummy.

self-meta pls go

Well, I just thought of those tells for liars. Things like using much more details than necessary to say "no, it's not me." Being "out and about" in her own words and just happening to think about mafia seems like that kind of extra fluff, so is her going back to explain her previous vote when the discussion already shifted away from that.

this is a fair point but I disagree

there honestly wasn't much she could have said, and ignoring the question posed would have looked far worse IMO

There is a reason why I don't post these cases unless somebody asks for my reads. They are not completely done and the basis isn't infallible. There are holes in it, but we don't have a whole lot to work with ATM. And the Poly suspicion is more realistic than my suspicions against you. I have to give consideration to the fact that yes you chose it not to get Poly lynched but to get information.

this feels like backpedaling to me, especially considering what SB said here

(on a side note this makes me feel better about SB now that i read it in context)

Now the vote was more or less to get you to the answer the question about your decision. I could vote either of you, however a question for you that I would rather have had answered unlike Poly.

what did you even ask? O_o

@Kinumi: Because his single post came off as harmless. And so far Green Poet hasn't posted anything to raise further suspicions.

so what made GP's post suspicious and not harmless?