Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dislike Beli's latest content. I see no commitment to anything at all. Literally all of the last post was waffle which results in "I have no real reads". I still dislike the "well, better than no lynch logic".

I literally cannot not vote Shin here. He votes alongside the person who is very likely mafia, he thinks a no lynch is better than a lynch and he questions me saying SB and Prims are town? what the fuck? oh and he asks me a question I already answered. Hilarious post all around.

##Vote Shin

I should read the rest of the posts but I'll leave them for later I just wanted to get this out.

Woah, hold on there, little burrito! I never said a no lynch was better, I said that you seemed to lack any reason to vote other than to prevent a no lynch, and your lack of scumreads at the time was bothersome - you don't simply vote someone you think is town. You also never specified why your scumreads were scummy. A one liner about gutreads doesn't cut it. You also mentioned that there had to be scum amongst the leading wagons on D1. You've explained your reasons, but then admit that they don't mean anything. And apparently I was the least suspicious of the bandwagons? So indecisive!

I didn't vote Marth because that would have pushed him awfully close to hammer, and Prims had asked to be able to a content post. After he did, I was kinda ASLEEP due to being fabulously British so I couldn't vote. I see no scumreads, interactions with the scum team and reactionary vote. I can heard the Geordie accent from a mile away! But I digress, I have other things to talk about.

I have no idea what Unknown means, although SB wasn't given a fake name so I'm guessing he's probably not scum. Maybe he's some weird 3rd party who needs to make it to the end of the game as he kills everyone? I really don't know, his role does say he can't go 2 nights without killing someone. I'm guessing there's a third killing role in the game, there's no other real explanation.

FFM is kinda eh. Although he does say he doesn't want to push Marth to hammer, he asks DA BEAR why he hasn't voted Marth and decides to do it right at the end. It's not scummy, but it's really weird. I also don't get his unwillingness to vote Marth or even believe Blitz early on. He then calls Marth really scummy in his next post as soon as other people start piling on the wagon.

I really hope DA BEAR and scorri exist again. I'm really struggling to get reads off of them.

Currently distracted by Pokedraw, will post the other half of this later.

OK, I kinda got distracted and lost my train of thought.

Blitz is pretty obv!town. I wasn't particularly scum reading Blitz anyway, but the whole Marth shindig cements it. I need to look into Prims. Not because I think anything's terribly shifty but because I really haven't been noticing Prims all game, and I usually do. Prims, your role kinda confuses me. I don't want you to out any more info, but I'm puzzled to as how you can survive so much.

Looking back over FFM, I'm not sure if he is scum. His interactions with regards to the Marth lynch were weird but his frustrations when he talked to the scum players seemed genuine. I don't feel great about him, and really wouldn't miss him if he were lynched, but I'm a little apprehensive.

The sheer number of inactives is pretty annoying. Romeo and Juliette haven't really said anything for a good half week. The likes of Weapons and kirsche aren't saying much either. I don't even know what to think about Poly, he's barely even there. Rapier is kinda there and hasn't really done anything. I kinda see Rapier as lazy!town now who just wants to go with the flow, it's a stark change from my prior read, but I'd have expected him to put more effort in with all his scumbuddies dying.

I'd probably go Beli >>> FFM > maybe Poly IDK > everyone else > Rapier > Blitz

##Vote: Belisarius

There's not much to go off due to the inactives, but I'm getting the worst vibes from Beli.

Wait you believe Marth's rolecpp claim and still want to lynch him?

what makes you think I believed Marth's claim and why don't you exist?

##Vote: Bear

I can only survive attempts on my life eg nightkills and vigs @Shin. I am informed if somebody tries to shoot me. Being lynchproof or a survivor was a joke, I'm just a Town Bulletproof.

thinking about it we don't really benefit from Blitz outing his original target, the context of the redirect was obvious and having him tell everybody who he wanted to track just makes him more predictable to scum. Blitz should post non-one-liner content though.

I kinda see Rapier as lazy!town now who just wants to go with the flow, it's a stark change from my prior read, but I'd have expected him to put more effort in with all his scumbuddies dying.

It's not like I could do much on D2 because of timezones and early D2 lynch, I already addressed this.

Anyway, while I still don't like his Belli vote (I won't advocate him, at least for now, because I'd rather observe his reactions), Shin brings a good point on FFM's indecisiveness. I could easily see scum intent on someone defending Marth (who turned obvscum) and being skeptical to Blitz (who was obvtown). As for why scum would be so straightforward... maybe it's a newbie mistake of his, it happens. I wouldn't mind lynching him as well.

---

##Vote: Kirsche

I already said why his Cam vote was terrible and how zero effort was made. However, what draws my attention is the fact that he criticized SB, said explicitely that he'd like to have Shin lynched, said he was scumreading Poly (but didn't explain his read at all)... and yet decides to vote Cam instead of SB, Shin or make a case against Poly and vote him! His excuse for finding Cam scummy is based on meta, while his other analysis seem more elaborated and fundamented than a simple case based purely on meta. Why was Cam a better target than these three players?

Also I can't trust someone with middlefinger as an avatar. Seriously guys lynch him before he has us killed.

Cam was a better target because he was playing exactly to his scum meta and lo and behold he flipped scum. Idc if you think the reasoning is weak it works so fite me. Sure he was busy, but when he was around he refused to do much.

Anyway Shin looks better on interaction with Cam and Shin so ##Vote: Poly

Also SB flipped ITPscum so Prims should also fite me? I never voted SB so I'm not sure where I hardpushed SB over Cam.

I have to go but basically I was right about Sb and Cam and that apparently makes me scum. I wouldn't have suddenly put Cam as my second highest suspicion if I was his scumbuddy.

I wouldn't have suddenly put Cam as my second highest suspicion if I was his scumbuddy.

That's an old trick. Scum do that to distance themselves from a scumbuddy and then have the opportunity to say "I wouldn't have said that guy was scummy if I was his scumbuddy!" later to gain towncred when said scumbuddy is lynched. Your vote and your case were weak and we were sure that Marth was going to get lynched on that day, so you had nothing to risk by voting/pushing Cam.

You basically confessed that a read based on meta weighs more than your other three analysis on other players. Not liking this.

Also, there's no confirmation that SB is town/scum. I can't even say he's third party because GAME SHENANIGANS TOO COMPLEX.

Wow, I exist. Sorta, kinda.

SO HERE'S THE THING!

It's really easy for me to not post when I'm on vacation and turn on my computer for the first time all day to find that the phase has ended already.

So yeah, I'm finally home, but am exhausted due to getting up at 4 AM this morning after having woken up at 6:30 the previous day and baaaaaaaaaasically, I dunno what's going on. I have some vague town reads but not really any scum reads? I dunno, if Prims is claiming "not town" which I thought I saw in my skim unless I misread something(???) is there a reason we're not lynching him?

So yeah, I'm finally home, but am exhausted due to getting up at 4 AM this morning after having woken up at 6:30 the previous day and baaaaaaaaaasically, I dunno what's going on. I have some vague town reads but not really any scum reads? I dunno, if Prims is claiming "not town" which I thought I saw in my skim unless I misread something(???) is there a reason we're not lynching him?

Nah, he's claiming bullet proof town. But I'd think the maf would need the bulletproof with what happened last night with a vig and sk. Being able to lose 2 maf in a night seems less balanced than 3 town possibly in a night.

Your vote and your case were weak and we were sure that Marth was going to get lynched on that day, so you had nothing to risk by voting/pushing Cam.

Except the fact that I'd have to push him today if he lived and I have to explain to people like you why meta reads aren't weak. I am the type to put scumbuddies as town reads: go read reclass and how I hardpushed FFM and put Randa as my main townread for weak reasoning. If I was scum with a buddy dead and a buddy about to be lynched there's no way I'd try to drive a lynch onto another one.

Basically you can keep crying about how meta reads suck even though it worked out, or you can hunt someone who is scum and did something actually scummy.

Anyway reread Poly, his Cam interactions are bad (apparently Cam's posts weren't coming from scum!cam) and has never commented on his thoughts on Refa. So not impressive on that front. His Randa vote was also poor, first he voted Randa for distancing himself from his own arguments (whatever that means) and going back and forth on people and failing to come to conclusions. That's fair enough, but then he switches to weapons for reasons not originally stated, and then switches back because of PoE? It's like he forgot why Randa was scummy so he had to justify the vote by saying he was town reading Sb and Shin. There's also the stuff mentioned before. Happy to keep my vote here.

Seems reasonable enough. For now, anyway.

unvote

##Vote: Poly

He was my second choice. I already made a post about why his D1 sucked, and he was mostly inactive on D2 for me to change my mind about his game. The way he reads Cam as null yet says he doesn't seem scummy is a bit contradictory, the connotation is that to him Cam was leaning more to the town side than to the scum side.

sigh

well I'm not gonna be here much the next few days so I'm just gonna claim now

I'm Steven Fletcher, Town Vanilla. not that that matters since apparently being wrong about reads gets you turbolynched these days

I am the type to put scumbuddies as town reads: go read reclass and how I hardpushed FFM and put Randa as my main townread for weak reasoning. If I was scum with a buddy dead and a buddy about to be lynched there's no way I'd try to drive a lynch onto another one.

this is awful awful self-meta because scum meta is fluid and i can hardly count how many times i've switched from hard bussing to hard defending or ignoring my buddies or doing the both in the same game

but yea poly gets to die first

i still think sb was just normal vig btw. the game called him a vigilante. both nights have had kills on his top scumreads. his alignment was UNKNOWN but unknown =/= serial killer, especially when you're a vig. some sort of special mechanic may be in play however.

i dunno who i'd want to vig at this point if the vig was still alive. probably one of beli/bearclaw/rein.