Fantasy Mafia - Cancelled

Sunwoo

lol no I was mafia, the persuader thing was a gambit

It's such a pity this game got cancelled... it was my first time being scum. It's fun because I hadn't ever rolled scum and I hadn't ever been in two games at the same time and then I rolled scum twice. LIFE IS HARD SOMETIMES

I was legit busy, so it was impossible to keep up properly with this game sometimes. The thing I found the most difficult was stopping suspecting people and writing followup for my cases, I think my cases weren't scummy by themselves but as an example I couldn't write much followup for my case on Weapons and my smaller suspicions. Baldrick subbing in was the perfect excuse to stop pushing Weapons' slot.

This was fun overall, altough I wish my buddies would have been more active... SB was the only one who was active but he tends to work individually from what I've seen, and he wanted to bus me all the time (ò_ó)

Prims townreading me when I was scum is something that I'll never forget <3

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. I wish I could quit uni and become a professional mafia player but it wouldn't be a very optimal career path :/

Well, at least now I don't have to worry about how to push SB and Refa. Nobody voting Shin all day made me think the suader was probably scum, so Mitsuki was probably town (a gambit is possible, but willing to give her botd for now).

That would have sucked.

wtf I am more annoyed about this game getting cancelled than anything else, I could not even tell people were having trouble playing until the mod brought it up.

I was actually a jack, I also had a 1-shot roleblock which I used on SB N2 and a 1-shot doc.

Oh well. Go join Qprogue.

The masshook would've had the highest priority, so everything except the night kill would've failed. Prims' shot would not have been used up.

Also, Prims, considering that over 50% of the players proved unmotivated when they replied to me, it was evident to the mod even if not to you. Remember, as the mod I do get people replying to me via role PM or Skype about their thoughts on the game. Not to mention that you yourself didn't exactly look motivated during D2, even if I could forgive everyone for D1 thanks to site downtime.

My biggest take-away from this game is that Eury has finally learned how to play scum and I can't just dismiss her on effort level and then skim her posts from then on.

also I can name more recent games that had this problem than ones that didn't and I'm not really sure how this was any worse than, say, British, which concluded just fine in the end

but w/e

I was legit busy, so it was impossible to keep up properly with this game sometimes. The thing I found the most difficult was stopping suspecting people and writing followup for my cases, I think my cases weren't scummy by themselves but as an example I couldn't write much followup for my case on Weapons and my smaller suspicions. Baldrick subbing in was the perfect excuse to stop pushing Weapons' slot.

aha

also I can name more recent games that had this problem than ones that didn't and I'm not really sure how this was any worse than, say, British, which concluded just fine in the end

I agree that there are certain games, such as British, that did have this problem. However, British mafia at least didn't have the site crash during D1, which DID explicitly kill some people's motivations. I also remember posting a lot in British mafia to at least drive discussion during the days I was alive. There was no one like that in this game who was driving the discussion, which makes it look like less people care. Also, I had 4 pre-game subs and Weapons subbed out during the game, which means this game did technically have as many subs as British mafia.

I've also been depressed recently because of matters I'd rather not discuss in public, and when the majority of people are giving me the impression that they don't want to play the game anymore, is there really a point in continuing the game and forcing the majority of players who don't want to play to do so?

one day I'm gonna fakeclaim one-shot cop on the night kill and you're all going to believe me except now I said this and it'll become endless WIFOM

I'm sorry for how this turned out, Boron. None of it was you or any of the hosts fault though, and I really hope you feel better soon :(

OH RIGHT I FORGOT THE BEST PART ABOUT THAT

Quote from my role PM:

I'd expect him to care/rage less as scum faking a reaction.

this is funny because i saw both my result and the flip before posting and faked the reaction for town credit as town

(but the irritation was genuine so)

big fucking plays

Well, you were pushing people too hard, as you say. I gave you a free pass because of the persuader gambit, but when you kept pressing me with witch hunt logic I was getting suspicious again.