Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

Now I'm left thinking whether he's been taking advantage of the lenient rules

This is the issue. I don't allow Gerudo Valley in my tournaments because it allows for circle camping.

Hosts can control stalling strategies by limiting the stages that people can play on.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do what works. The stalling rule is there for stuff that is literally infinite, like, say, infinite dimensional cape of metaknight in brawl, peach bomber and jigglypuff rising pound in melee. Stuff that literally makes you invincible. What I did was not stalling, it was camping. Anyway, If I were using a character without projectiles like Marth (or in the case of the original 12, Jigglypuff), it would've gone the same.

EDIT: If you honestly think I beat any of you guys just because I'm camping then you haven't faced my Marth or any of my other melee characters.

EDIT 2: Febro camps way more than me ;/

Edited by PJSalt

Okay, I'm really sorry Shulk, but I'm gonna have to drop out of the teams tournament. I have so much to do this weekend that I am not going to be able to do any really specific times and may not even have time to play. Again, really sorry to my partner and everyone else

I understand, sorry to hear about this.

I do what works. The stalling rule is there for stuff that is literally infinite, like, say, infinite dimensional cape of metaknight in brawl, peach bomber and jigglypuff rising pound in melee. Stuff that literally makes you invincible. What I did was not stalling, it was camping. Anyway, If I were using a character without projectiles like Marth (or in the case of the original 12, Jigglypuff), it would've gone the same.

EDIT: If you honestly think I beat any of you guys just because I'm camping then you haven't faced my Marth or any of my other melee characters.

People tend to make up excuses for not being able to get past something. You can camp well, but it's pretty obvious it's not the only thing you're good at. (If it were he wouldn't be winning so often)

Edited by Monado Boy

PKL/PJSalt/Sheikant has dropped out of the draft tournament, which has left things in a little state.

His first two drafted picks were Sheik and Diddy Kong.

We need to decide on a way to replace him, which involves fairly distributing the substitute player a means of drafting two characters for him/herself.

Sigh

Edited by Raven

I suggest we ban his picks entirely, or sub somebody in for him

And Ana like a week ago. I def. Made a post about it in thread.

signed up, since i really like doubles in this game.

~

If you guys are practicing teams, I'll join in too~

(oops I'm sorry, completely missed this offer)

Hey you two, I know the tourney doesn't start until tomorrow but would you both be interested in getting those matches in tonight? If my partner is available of course.

'tonight'

Meaning around 11 pm edt

I forgot you all could be on the other side of the world or sumfin

Edited by Terriermon

I just find out about Sheikant/PKL dropping out of the Draft tournament. No reasons were given, apparently.

Anyone here with a Challonge account who is willing to take his spot and his drafted characters (Sheik and Diddy Kong, plus a third character left to draft)?

If no sub happens before we reach PKL's turn in the draft, we'll continue drafting without him, and the sub we'll get Sheik, Diddy Kong, and whoever character is left undrafted.

If by Wednesday we don't have a sub for PKL, we'll start the tournament without him and whoever gets matched against him will simply win by default. (The "Opponent didn't show up" rule).

I'm a big fan of PKL (and if making a petition to allow PKL to maintain involvement in SFSmashClub is what it takes to prove it, I'll get one going!)

yea. I can think of 5 people who i talk to regularly, who strive to simply make it to matches just to have the honor to play against you. You're the Goku that many of us aspire to be

Well... someone did accuse him of stalling, and lot lot of times people have said "oh why does it matter PKL is gonna win again." (even if it's a joke) etc. That's gotta dampen the fighting spirit, no?

~

(oops I'm sorry, completely missed this offer)

Hey you two, I know the tourney doesn't start until tomorrow but would you both be interested in getting those matches in tonight? If my partner is available of course.

'tonight'

Meaning around 11 pm edt

I forgot you all could be on the other side of the world or sumfin

Yeah, I'm totally down for that~

And Ana like a week ago. I def. Made a post about it in thread.

Seriously? How did I not see it? Looks like it's too late to sign up though. -_- God damn it. I was planning on signing up for it too.

Well... someone did accuse him of stalling, and lot lot of times people have said "oh why does it matter PKL is gonna win again." (even if it's a joke) etc. That's gotta dampen the fighting spirit, no?

In the world of 'stalling', I take this as a sign that I need to improve my early game, because that momentum often carries through an entire match. If you can be beaten out by a stall, then it's motivation to change up your gameplay tactics a bit and adjust for the potential for that to happen. Also I disagree that stalling is a bad tactic (I think it's fair), but meh

*As mentioned above, agrees with your thoughts on the Stall rule*

**and like I said too, if you're skillful enough to even be put in a position where stalling/camping would net you the lead, then it's a sign of the match's likely outcome. It only reinforces your skill, which should push us to strive to exceed it

I found Febro more aggressive, but then again I usually play his Mario, and mario isn't as heavy of a camper as others.

yea. I can think of 5 people who i talk to regularly, who strive to simply make it to matches just to have the honor to play against you. You're the Goku that many of us aspire to be

I can corroborate this j/s

that's not my reason to play but it's something for me to work for in a tournament

Seriously? How did I not see it? Looks like it's too late to sign up though. -_- God damn it. I was planning on signing up for it too.

they filled in literally a few hours, yeah

it was kind of obscene

also Elieson from my understanding of how camping works you're entirely wrong

but I'm not an expert