Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won 2 - 1

ggs Quint, that Thoron custom for Robin was pretty crazy

Ggs. Pklucas wins 2-1. Awesome matches, hope you go to the finals!

I hope so! I learned my 3 characters just to sub in for this tourney.

Edited by PKLucas531

Hahaha dat thoron was like wtf he's dead. But well done, I also learned to use duck hunt a bit thanks to this tourney, I'm definately polishing the dawg for better matches!

Edit: btw for some reason I thought you were using ZSS and Charizard, didn't remember you were PKL's sub.

Edited by Quintessence

Hahaha dat thoron was like wtf he's dead. But well done, I also learned to use duck hunt a bit thanks to this tourney, I'm definately polishing the dawg for better matches!

Edit: btw for some reason I thought you were using ZSS and Charizard, didn't remember you were PKL's sub.

Duck Hunt on Tomodachi Life had me nervous :P

I subbed in for him mostly because of our names.

ggs pklucas won 2-0

that was fun

you got really good with these characters

confirming

I was dreading your Sonic, I think I lucked out on your character picks.

confirming

I was dreading your Sonic, I think I lucked out on your character picks.

that lucina vs sheik got me nervous at the end lol

watching you play sheik made me want to pick her up.

she is super fun

that lucina vs sheik got me nervous at the end lol

watching you play sheik made me want to pick her up.

she is super fun

Lucina KOs so early and Sheik KOs so late that I had to play really safe

I got lucky and she just clicked for me, if you know how to chase and read well she's a lot of fun. Definitely gonna keep using Diddy and Sheik outside of this tourney.

oh fuck I thought I posted this but I don't think I did

I am going to be gone for basically all of Saturday until ~late~ and so will need to be subbed out of Fists of Fury
otherwise I'll need to forfeit

to be fair since I'm matched against PKL round one and there's no losers bracket it's not like I'd get anywhere anyways :V

EDIT: actually if PKL is available on Friday he could just like, eliminate me then

since there's no losers bracket that would be that

Edited by Euklyd

yeah this tourney was rad even though i got trashed

Also fists of fury is this weekend? Are there any deadlines for games set up? Does everyone know its this weekend?

Edited by General Horace

I should probably have picked more characters I wanted to improve at rather than characters I actually use(d) a lot tbh

trying to learn Wario and nobody else was awful

but I still feel that your mistake is too coincidental to be entirely true.

Yeah, I saw what was posted in the thread. My excuse was pointless. In failing to admit it, I caused confusion and made my remorse look false. I handled the situation poorly, but don't get the idea that I was trying to trick people to get what I wanted.

Yeah, I saw what was posted in the thread. My excuse was pointless. In failing to admit it, I caused confusion and made my remorse look false. I handled the situation poorly, but don't get the idea that I was trying to trick people to get what I wanted.

I was upset admittedly, and I'm sorry if I said anything that kinda pushed the wrong buttons because of that. Nothing against you personally!

I'm ready basically all day today for our match.

Relax guys, Gemma didn't mean to confuse people. Let's all be friends, mistakes happen on a daily basis and it's better if we get along ^-^

It was just lack of communication, I guess. Things worked out anyways :V

Edited by PKLucas531

in retrospect I was probably too, uh there's a word for this
aggressive
in how I was phrasing/pursuing things

which probably didn't help

New Draft Tournament Approaching! Signups open!

Rules:

= DRAFTING =

- Challonge account is required. Drafting will take place in the "Discussion" tab to the left. No exceptions.

- All 16 participants will be placed in a random order for drafting purposes.

- Drafting begins as soon as the 16 participants have been randomised by the host.

- 3 rounds of drafting will take place.

- Drafting order: Round 1: 1st - 16th. Round 2: 16th - 1st. Round 3: 16th - 1st.

- 48 characters are available to be drafted only once, excluding the Mii Fighters.

- A record of drafted characters will be kept here.

Round Robin round will begin at the start of the week (24th November 2014) due to the number of matches that will take place. The next round can begin on that weekend if everyone has completed their round robin matches by that time.

= ROUND ROBIN RULES =

- 3 games per opponent, 2 stock, no time limit.

- Smash Ball: On. All other items: Off. Custom abilities: Allowed. Custom equipment: Disallowed.

- Every participant will fight every other participant in their own group exactly 3 times using all 3 of his/her drafted characters, regardless of result. Do not give up after losing the first 2 games, because you can still take points for yourself in the final game.

- Points earned during this stage of the tournament are earned based on the number of stocks you take from your opponent. Example: Player 1 wins all 3 games against player 2 with all 6 stocks intact. Player 1 gains 6 points for taking all of player 2's stocks, while player 2 gains 0 points for taking none of player 1's stocks. So keep track of your stocks, and be honest.

- Any dispute in points and the 2 players will be forced to re-do their fights. Unsettled disputes will lead to both players receiving 0 points for their fight, unless the tournament host states otherwise.

= ADVANCING ROUNDS RULES =

- The top players from each round robin group will advance to the next stage, where the tournament will take on a traditional single elimination bracket format.

- Best of 3, 3 stock, no time limit. Finals: Best of 5, 3 stock, no time limit.

- Smash Ball: Off. All items: Off. Custom abilities: Allowed. Custom equipment: Disallowed.

- You can use each of your characters only once.

- The 2 participants that make it to the Finals can use each character twice, but only after you've used all three characters once.

= ALLOWED STAGES =

- Battlefield

- Final Destination

- Yoshi's Island

- Prism Tower

- Arena Ferox

- Tortimer Island

- Tomodachi Life

- Omega versions of all stages

Additional rules will be added later if necessary.

Edited by Raven