Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

Man I stopped playing for three days and now I can't win a single game. Seems like its one of those games that if you don't play constantly you get just outgunned by people with all the better gear. I still love the game and all but damn now its taking forever to level up since I'm getting slaughtered every match and can't get experience points.

Edited by LordTaco42

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of the sub weapons or special weapons can be switched. You have to use their presetted loadouts.

That I'm sure you have to press the + button before the match begins. Because normally, you could only use one of your 2 sub weapons alongside your main one.

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

I've concluded that I'm very bad with guns XD. I always perform horribly in Regular Battles with a gun.

But that aside, I can't wait for the Splash-o-matic tonight! Just two more hours! Maybe I'll finally find a gun I can be good with!

I got the game about a week ago, and I'm hooked on it (no pun intended)! I'm at level 20 now, and I like the turf-claiming gameplay. I wish they allowed for pants (I'm not a fan of long sleeves with shorts, ulch) and more hairstyles, but I'm content! I also like the Inklings, being the humanoid, pointy-eared, skin-masked (or whatever, you know what I'm talking about) and fanged creatures that they are. :3

BTW, is anyone aware of the 15-page Splatoon manga? It's been translated, and I found it amusing. :P

I got the game about a week ago, and I'm hooked on it (no pun intended)! I'm at level 20 now, and I like the turf-claiming gameplay. I wish they allowed for pants (I'm not a fan of long sleeves with shorts, ulch) and more hairstyles, but I'm content! I also like the Inklings, being the humanoid, pointy-eared, skin-masked (or whatever, you know what I'm talking about) and fanged creatures that they are. :3

BTW, is anyone aware of the 15-page Splatoon manga? It's been translated, and I found it amusing. :P

*Giggle*

It's even better that they are party Teeny bopping kids. :D

I just figured out that the hidden scrolls in single player unlock weapons for multi-player. I wondered why there were people lower level than me running around with Aerosprays lol. Time to actually complete the campaign.

I just figured out that the hidden scrolls in single player unlock weapons for multi-player. I wondered why there were people lower level than me running around with Aerosprays lol. Time to actually complete the campaign.

I thought the scrolls for the weapons were only on the boss fights.

Edited by LordTaco42

Splatoon sold a million units worldwide already.

Nintendo has hauled up its nets, tallied its catch and crossed another milestone. Sales of Splatoon, the new squid-based game for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, have crossed 1 million worldwide, according to Nintendo’s internal figures. That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

“Ever since Splatoon launched on May 29 in the United States, we’ve seen thousands of people go online to have fun in this colorful, chaotic competition,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “This milestone puts us in a nice position as we prepare to launch 11 more exclusive Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games before the end of the year, plus amiibo, digital offerings and games from our third-party partners.”

For reference, Wii Us sold are around 10 million. This means 10% of Wii U owners own Splatoon.

This may not seem like much, so to put it into perspective:

-50% of Wii U owners own Mario Kart 8

-35% of Wii U owners own Smash Bros. Wii U

-15% of Wii U owners have Wind Waker HD

This also means that Splatoon is in the top 10 of most sold Wii U games. Excellent performance for a new IP!